• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Maybe you're sipping led to you slipping lol
When the roads are wet there is a tendency for the tire to slip and spin abit if going into them while accelerating.
But speed dips are a pain. Bakersfield has some so deep and steep that they're more like speed pits and a few you have to take slowly and potentially even at an angle to avoid scraping if your vehicle is lower to the ground.

Shadow Wolf

I think the pigs have marked me. I was driving through downtown, Piggy Pie playing loud, and a herd of pigs definitely heard the pig part because they all turned and stared at me.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm starting to feel like Beavis and Butthead when they go without TV over my going without stabbing people.
I still think @Wu Wei should be nice and go maul some of the workers at the plasma center to open up hiring for me.

Nah.... I don't FEEEL like it....

resting-grizzly-bear_40-38.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Checking out which catalogs in my collection to sell,
I discovered that one has Hamilton Corliss steam engines.
I happen to have one of those engines. But mine is special.
It's an exhibition model...only 50" or so long. All the
bright work (unpainted finished steel) is nickel plated.

Jealous, anyone?
@ChristineM?
@Wu Wei?

No, but I am happy for you

421a864e6032df1160460ad41212f8ba.jpg

namaste

Shadow Wolf

I just had the idea that perhaps I should highlight the large amount of ethics courses I took? Hopefully (and these things very rarely work out for me) this will give me some sort of umph towards employment towards decent employers who actually treat their workers better than as expendable cogs.

Shadow Wolf

"Improve your ad experience."
Nope. I hate advertisenents, especially when they want to harvesting amd sell my data and watching what I do, none of which is an experience but rather a caustic irritant and it's not something I will ever cooperate with.
I just need to break the phone habit a d just use my computer so I can have even greater control over these things and always get what I want, which is no ads at all.
And it makes me glad to be in California to compulsively tell websites "do not sell my data." Except that one also depends on if I'm using VPN and if I'm connected to a California address or not.

Shadow Wolf

If I had a better camera, after a bit of editing (especially given the shadow) I'd have had a magazine cover picture. But even this quality (my phone camera apparently just does not like to zoom even one bit) I was excited I actually captured this.
20230316_084331.jpg

Shadow Wolf

This interview, none of the questions I rehearsed were asked.
But it had a skills assessment portion, so at least I got to shine somewhere.