• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It looks like today heralds the start of flood season. Streams and rivers are topping their banks and part flooding fields. And rain forecast for 6 of the next 10 days

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
It looks like today heralds the start of flood season. Streams and rivers are topping their banks and part flooding fields. And rain forecast for 6 of the next 10 days
Sounds like you live down the street from me. This has been one of the rainiest rain seasons in a while.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sounds like you live down the street from me. This has been one of the rainiest rain seasons in a while.

Living in hope that its not too bad this year. We usually get isolated as the river Dordogne and river Ceou flood the roads to get anywhere. With just the road east usually passable meaning between 25 and 50 km detour it we want to get anywhere other than east ;-(

The joys of rural living

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Living in hope that its not too bad this year. We usually get isolated as the river Dordogne and river Ceou flood the roads to get anywhere. With just the road east usually passable meaning between 25 and 50 km detour it we want to get anywhere other than east ;-(

The joys of rural living
May I recommend buying a boat, maybe a canoe? :p

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is getting close to that here. Farmers hate floods, but it is the occasional flooding that makes the soil so rich on flood plains. Do farmers ever wonder where that name came from?

ChristineM

Premium Member
It is getting close to that here. Farmers hate floods, but it is the occasional flooding that makes the soil so rich on flood plains. Do farmers ever wonder where that name came from?

The opposite happens hear, they fertilise November/December. The floods wash the goodness away. Or so they say.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The opposite happens hear, they fertilise November/December. The floods wash the goodness away. Or so they say.
Actually my point was not about fertilizer but about the soil itself. Flood plains are plains of deposition. New sediment is brought in occasionally and rejuvenates the soil.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ouch that hurts.

Went to.the dentist this morning, the loose tooth had to be extracted. They did that, took a 3d surround head x ray and said they'd check for damage and email me the quote.

It's just arrived.

Seems my upper jaw is cracked, no sound foundation for 5 teeth which will loosen quickly.

Quote for removing the teeth, screwing the jaw and making a denture. €4300.00.

Cpam and insurance pay around half of that.

It still hurts more than the smack in the face with a log that caused it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Quote for removing the teeth, screwing the jaw and making a denture. €4300.00.
Wow that is cheap! It cost me $1000 just for one cap because insurance wouldn't cover it, and that was my regular dentist who charged hundreds less than the others I checked.
Hope everything goes well. That whack and everything from it sounds painful.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Wow that is cheap! It cost me $1000 just for one cap because insurance wouldn't cover it, and that was my regular dentist who charged hundreds less than the others I checked.
Hope everything goes well. That whack and everything from it sounds painful.
Cheap??? Ok, glad I'm not in America.

It doesn't hurt at all, something of a concert really.

Clubbed for in the face badly bruised eye and cheek. Stitches over my eye. Teeth pushed through lips. Loose tooth, cracked jaw.

And no pain at all.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
And no pain at all.
I recently lost a chunk of toe nail sans pain. It was really weird. That pain should have my bones jumping out of my skin. But nothing.
Ok, glad I'm not in America.
I feel the Crown should reimburse me for not helping the Irish out and letting so many of (great) grand parents, who themselves where subjects of the Crown, leave their home and come here where their descendants have to face all this crap, lol.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Checking out which catalogs in my collection to sell,
I discovered that one has Hamilton Corliss steam engines.
I happen to have one of those engines. But mine is special.
It's an exhibition model...only 50" or so long. All the
bright work (unpainted finished steel) is nickel plated.

Jealous, anyone?
@ChristineM?
@Wu Wei?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Checking out which catalogs in my collection to sell,
I discovered that one has Hamilton Corliss steam engines.
I happen to have one of those engines. But mine is special.
It's an exhibition model...only 50" or so long. All the
bright work (unpainted finished steel) is nickel plated.

Jealous, anyone?
@ChristineM?
@Wu Wei?

Do you want the truth , remember i don't lie so my reply will be either no or nothing.