• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm losing bigly - my wife's computer won't go to sleep but I have an idea - mouse is plugged into a USB hub and someone on the internet said that could be an issue. I can't connect to various web sites including subdomains when the main domain is OK. Tomorrow the dryer guy comes back to refix the dryer. Tomorrow I call HP again about their fix to the warranty period not showing up. Shortly I have to pay some big bills. There's more but that's enough for now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Netflix is apparently about as credible as the History Channel is as a husk of its former glory.
Tbis show about British Castles utterly skipped over a lot of history of York, going from Eboracum to York without a mention of how the Saxons held it after the Romans and called it Eoforwick, and nothing about the Danish conquest of it and how they called it Jorvik, and nothing of the viking king Sihtric who came there after he was driven from Ireland.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Netflix is apparently about as credible as the History Channel is as a husk of its former glory.
Tbis show about British Castles utterly skipped over a lot of history of York, going from Eboracum to York without a mention of how the Saxons held it after the Romans and called it Eoforwick, and nothing about the Danish conquest of it and how they called it Jorvik, and nothing of the viking king Sihtric who came there after he was driven from Ireland.

Nerd

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And yet so many are getting so upset
with Netflix's white Cleopatra. Go figure.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
British Castles

87985e24-a5ad-417f-a626-8bf89e2a7ca5_text.gif

Shadow Wolf

The Legend of Zelda scene being passed off as Celtic lore is blew up some of their credibility.
I don't remember the problems with the Ancient Apocalypse, but just the trailer is riddled with problems and errors, I do believe one if them being the preposterous idea the Mayans just all vanished. No, they're still around today.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Legend of Zelda scene being passed off as Celtic lore is blew up some of their credibility.
I don't remember the problems with the Ancient Apocalypse, but just the trailer is riddled with problems and errors, I do believe one if them being the preposterous idea the Mayans just all vanished. No, they're still around today.
They just dress differently now.
R.612582df3a473eaeeee326f4c15147ff

Shadow Wolf

There's an independent wrestler, I don't know if he still does but he at least used to go by King Kong Bundy Jr. King Kong Bundy hated the guy over this (not actually his son and using the name without permission), so much so that a show I worked where both were present we were under orders to make sure "Jr" wasn't around Bundy, specifically by making "Jr" bugger off and find somewhere else to hang out where Bundy wasn't.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Beware the weather man: 'Do Not Ring Doorbells in 2023. My 6 Was Loaded': Local Meteorologist Threatens to Shoot Little Girl at His Door

The post received instant backlash, and Chris edited his words into a longer statement - but it was hardly an improvement. “If my doorbell rings again tomorrow I might pull someone’s hair,” he said. “If that brat rings my doorbell again tomorrow, I will call the police.” That threat, and all subsequent posts, are still up on the iWeatherNet Facebook page.

He went on to reveal that the child at his door was not a troublemaker, but just a sobbing little girl looking for her lost kitten. “Don’t ring doorbells,” he commented to finish his thought. “You can be shot just from ringing a doorbell.”

“The reason people are getting shot for ringing the doorbell,” one person commented, “is because people, like you think shooting someone for ringing their doorbell, is an appropriate response.” Plenty of other people agreed. “The doorbell is just asking to be pushed, he shouldn’t have it out if he doesn’t want the attention,” another person joked.

Good grief. A little girl is looking for her kitten and almost gets shot by some crazy, gun-toting meteorologist.

I know some neighborhoods where it's probably not a good idea to be ringing any doorbells, but the paranoia is incredible. Even inside the safety of their home, they have their gun at the ready - as if under siege at the Alamo - ready for action at any time. The ringing of a doorbell is like signaling red alert.

Shadow Wolf

This Godzilla anime on Netflix, they speak abit slower and clearer than normal, or i suppose maybe they have their own version of accent neutral/broadcaster speak and they got just that for the cast, but I'm surprised I understand as much as I do given I've largely and mostly just been learning how to read and write their language.
I'm also noticing where my austic letter forming is effecting my Japanese writing. My い, the left mark is indistinguishable fromし, and I'm already developing my areas of over compensation to make it clear what I'm writing. Though I'm certain evem they have normies who struggle with シ and ツ and making sure people know what they're writing.