• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Many years ago some friends and I were jumped by some hoodlums claiming to be Gangster Disciples.
Last night I was sitting on the floor and a brown recluse skittered along the floor just a few inches from me.
The spider was way scarier. Knowing how to fight just a little helps a lot against wild brawlers. But a little, very venemous spider sneaking up on you?:eek:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Many years ago some friends and I were jumped by some hoodlums claiming to be Gangster Disciples.
Last night I was sitting on the floor and a brown recluse skittered along the floor just a few inches from me.
The spider was way scarier. Knowing how to fight just a little helps a lot against wild brawlers. But a little, very venemous spider sneaking up on you?:eek:
Yes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wasn't watching helper closely enuf.
He snapped off a screw in an engine.
That'll be at least $100 to get the broken
piece out, & make a new one. Those old
high crown screws are hard to get, so
people typically make what's needed.

New policy.
He gets fasteners finger tight.
I torque them down.

We Never Know

No Slack
Are your sure it was a brown recluse? If I remember correctly they don't really populate California but a few other recluse spiders do.

Shadow Wolf

Wasn't watching helper closely enuf.
He snapped off a screw in an engine.
That'll be at least $100 to get the broken
piece out, & make a new one. Those old
high crown screws are hard to get, so
people typically make what's needed.

New policy.
He gets fasteners finger tight.
I torque them down.
Reminds me of my best friend's dad who was complaining once he was having a hard time finding help that can read a tape measure.
I'd say hire me, but I'm abit far away for that.

Shadow Wolf

Are your sure it was a brown recluse? If I remember correctly they don't really populate California but a few other recluse spiders do.
Yeah, the brown recluse is here and that's definitely what it was. We have quite a few of those and black widows here. Indiana does as well but they're both definitely way more common here.
There are not many species of spiders in California that cause lethal bites. Among them we can name the black widow and the brown recluse spider.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now that you mention it I don't often see them.
Since you won't work on machinery over 100
years old, you're unlikely to ever see any.
So are the others called low crown?
Crown height typically isn't referred
to with modern fasteners.
Too me it's either a regular, philips, torx or pain in the *** (especially security bolts).
The screw he snapped was a hex head.
I'm guessing it was 1/2-13.
1/2-12 wasn't used much after 1900.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Usain Bolt
200.gif

We Never Know

No Slack
Yeah, the brown recluse is here and that's definitely what it was. We have quite a few of those and black widows here. Indiana does as well but they're both definitely way more common here.
There are not many species of spiders in California that cause lethal bites. Among them we can name the black widow and the brown recluse spider.
You should have kept reading.... Seems to be a rare occursnce

"The lonely brown recluse spider or "violin spider" (recluse loxosceles) is rarely found in California, yet it has been found in the south of this State."

Then from this link...

"Although the brown recluse does not live in California, four species of native recluse spiders occur in southern areas of the state and can cause similar medical concerns. The most common Californian recluse spider is the desert recluse, Loxosceles deserta"

Shadow Wolf

Since you won't work on machinery over 100
years old, you're unlikely to ever see any.
You'd probably find my garage a bit of a treasure trove. Not because my grandparents or parents were collectors or hobbist or anything, just my grandparents did live through the Depression and my mom hangs on to everything like she did, even the entirely unused old tools like the hand crank drill or whatever it's called.

Shadow Wolf

I never said unseen. I said....

"Are your sure it was a brown recluse? If I remember correctly they don't really populate California but a few other recluse spiders do."

Don't really populate = rare
Yes, it was a brown recluse.
You can quit challenging my statements any day now, especially as that tends to not to work out well for you.
And, it's not just me. A few at least (the ones who've talked to me about anyways) have noticed your habits towards me (like that dumbass urinal **** of yours).

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes, it was a brown recluse.
You can quit challenging my statements any day now, especially as that tends to not to work out well for you.
And, it's not just me. A few at least (the ones who've talked to me about anyways) have noticed your habits towards me (like that dumbass urinal **** of yours).
Lol. If asking a question makes you think its a challenge.... You couldn't handle a challenge well.