• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Don't borrow money for school then.
That's why I initially did because a degree is supposed to help with employment, amd I decided to go back because I was in my mid 20s when I realized my knees wouldn't let me keep with my original plan which was no more school (I hated it with the intensity of a thousand suns the first time) and just work.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's why I initially did because a degree is supposed to help with employment, amd I decided to go back because I was in my mid 20s when I realized my knees wouldn't let me keep with my original plan which was no more school (I hated it with the intensity of a thousand suns the first time) and just work.
I understand hating school
It can be tedious, with something
always hanging over one's head.

Shadow Wolf

You're of the popular kids.
I'm surprised you're not on the RF cheerleading squad.
You aren't...are you?
No. It turns out a cheer saying "**** the world! **** 'em all!" wasn't well received oe being cheerful or motivating. So I did a cheer based on a song that makes me smile, a song of personal redemption and scrubification and a man who finds his grandpa's bazooka and takes full advantage. They thought it was too agreesive.
So I became one of the Outhouse *****es. Instead of pom-poms we have middle fingers. This group is made of those who were hugely unpopular in school and has a propensity towards being crazy. We go to very adult gatherings where all the angry boys amd girls have a very wild night (frequently including things like fire, tasers, or wrestling in the mud) and consume copious amounts of drugs. The cops usually eventually show up over the noise, but the party carries on.
The regular cheerleaders and other popular and normal types back there go to the family friendly redneck rave where it's typical for at least a few people to die.

Shadow Wolf

I understand hating school
It can be tedious, with something
always hanging over one's head
This hatred is best not explained in words but rather shown in year book pictures where it looks like I'm about to slaughter the entire student body and faculty with my bare hands.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No. It turns out a cheer saying "**** the world! **** 'em all!" wasn't well received oe being cheerful or motivating. So I did a cheer based on a song that makes me smile, a song of personal redemption and scrubification and a man who finds his grandpa's bazooka and takes full advantage. They thought it was too agreesive.
Sounds good to me.
You've an audience of philistines.
So I became one of the Outhouse *****es. Instead of pom-poms we have middle fingers. This group is made of those who were hugely unpopular in school and has a propensity towards being crazy. We go to very adult gatherings where all the angry boys amd girls have a very wild night (frequently including things like fire, tasers, or wrestling in the mud) and consume copious amounts of drugs. The cops usually eventually show up over the noise, but the party carries on.
The regular cheerleaders and other popular and normal types back there go to the family friendly redneck rave where it's typical for at least a few people to die.
That's a kind of popularity.

Shadow Wolf

That's a kind of popularity.
I just endlessly enjoy the irony that a night of sex, drugs and rock n roll that also involves some degrees of dangerous stupidity with those who have mostly been labeled gang members and haters is something far less likely to send you to the hospital or morgue than something that is the common Hoosier's idea of family fun.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just endlessly enjoy the irony that a night of sex, drugs and rock n roll that also involves some degrees of dangerous stupidity with largely those who have been labeled gang members and haters is something far less likely to send you to the hospital or morgue than something that is the common Hoosier's idea of family fun.
I'm glad my life has always been boring.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for July 06, 2023

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So junior has only a master's degree.
They give those things away with new toasters.
(That's how I got mine.)
He has a masters and it working on his PhD (which is more than you did), will have it the end of the school year. Could have had it sooner, but he was overworking himself, I told him there is no rush, so he slowed down

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He has a masters and it working on his PhD (which is more than you did), will have it the end of the school year. Could have had it sooner, but he was overworking himself, I told him there is no rush, so he slowed down
"Is working on" isn't "Call me Doctor".
So you advised him to be lazier, eh.
You're a good papa bear.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
"Is working on" isn't "Call me Doctor".
So you advised him to be lazier, eh.
You're a good papa bear.

He was trying to shorten the time required, not sitting on the couch contemplating the possibility of actually being a contributing member of society, then deciding that being a deadbeat is the best route like you tend to

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He was trying to shorten the time required, not sitting on the couch contemplating the possibility of actually being a contributing member of society, then deciding that being a deadbeat is the best route like you tend to
You should try it.
Once you're a slacker,
you're a never-go-backer.