• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No cash.
Just work for rent.
A problem that always arises in such a trade
is that people lose interest in working when
the benefit accrues anyway. So I must nag.
Many years ago in our short stint as a landlord (duplex - renting out the upstairs), a guy (2 then 4) living there fell behind in the rent. I offered to pay him to do some painting and then have the cash come right back to my wallet to work off the debt. They all moved out instead. In some sort of karmic balance, more or less, one of our cats ate his bird - he let it out of the cage and did not close the door.

I should have known based on my father's experience with rental property but I thought it would be different because I was living there. This guy was followed by a nurse who would call at 2am telling me there were monsters in the tree outside. When she moved out, two guys looking very very FBI showed up looking for her. Finally we rented the place to a musician and that proved to work out.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
There really is a first, and maybe only, time for everything. Some may suspect or know. :smilingimp:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did some searching. I learned the company who told me that lied about it. The very same company that kept me on a very heavy workload even after I started showing up with wrists braces and told them I'd be getting scheduled for a carpal tunnel release surgery. And illegally discouraged union membership.
I also learned the gas station had some other violations of the law in regards to the deductions they'd make from paychecks. But that company also got sued a lot over lost wages and had to pay them out. I also learned now their non-compition contract is illegal.
Bummer, man.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Many years ago in our short stint as a landlord (duplex - renting out the upstairs), a guy (2 then 4) living there fell behind in the rent. I offered to pay him to do some painting and then have the cash come right back to my wallet to work off the debt. They all moved out instead. In some sort of karmic balance, more or less, one of our cats ate his bird - he let it out of the cage and did not close the door.

I should have known based on my father's experience with rental property but I thought it would be different because I was living there. This guy was followed by a nurse who would call at 2am telling me there were monsters in the tree outside. When she moved out, two guys looking very very FBI showed up looking for her. Finally we rented the place to a musician and that proved to work out.
Sounds about right.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@Revoltingest - this is for you. I knew that when I looked at the image under the title.

img.php

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Im tired of needing a pillow tucked under my arm to sleep. I forgot it last night woke up with my entire arm was numb.
But my shoulder doesn't need operated on.:facepalm: