• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No confusion at all...Tom Baker was the BEST Dr Who
There can only be 1 Tom Baker. I can't deny that; however in the newer series we have some very dynamic actors and very finely crafted Doctor Who(s). I recognize the merits of each and find myself unwilling to declare a 'Best'. They each have some very peculiar strengths. I like the sour and annoyed disposition of the Twelfth Doctor. I also like his innovative sunglasses and his relationship with Clara. Really good.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
There can only be 1 Tom Baker. I can't deny that; however in the newer series we have some very dynamic actors and very finely crafted Doctor Who(s). I recognize the merits of each and find myself unwilling to declare a 'Best'. They each have some very peculiar strengths. I like the sour and annoyed disposition of the Twelfth Doctor. I also like his innovative sunglasses and his relationship with Clara. Really good.
I think Matt Smith, David Tennant and Peter Capaldi were great, did not see much of those that followed. I didn't pay much attention to Dr Who after Tom Baker, what I saw, I did not like much. Will admit I completely missed Christopher Eccleston, but what little I saw of him I liked better than anything I saw post Tom Baker.... and at this point, if my youngest saw this post, I am pretty sure the only thing that would be said to me is "Nerd"

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Matt Smith, David Tennant and Peter Capaldi were great, did not see much of those that followed. I didn't pay much attention to Dr Who after Tom Baker, what I saw, I did not like much. Will admit I completely missed Christopher Eccleston, but what little I saw of him I liked better than anything I saw post Tom Baker
Eccleston admitted in an interview that he personally didn't think the show was going anywhere, but I can see that he transformed it. For something he didn't believe in he sure did fool us all. He did well.

Wu Wei

How much is a spare key to a Toyota Sienna?
$585.00
yup, these new electronic gizz-wizzies are expensive.

Had one fall apart when replacing the battery, had to explain to Mrs Wu why I spent so much tine putting it back together...I did and it is working again

When we got the car for the oldest, years ago, it came with only one jey, found out when it was driven home, he asked for if there was a second key and they told him for $250, I called them said that I had never purchased a car that came with only 1 key in my life and if that was their stance then they could expect the car back in within the hour and I would be getting a refund...... they gave me the 2nd key

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Had one fall apart when replacing the battery, had to explain to Mrs Wu why I spent so much tine putting it back together...I did and it is working again
I miss the old days when I could cut a
new key for my F350 on my key cutter.
The blanks were only $1 or so.
House key blanks were even less at
about $.30.

Wu Wei

about $.30.
Me too, my first car, old 70s Buick, got to a point when I no longer needed a key to start it, just turn the ignition. And at one job I had, give me a blank and I made my own keys

I edited the post after I posted it, you should look at the rest of the story

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

When we got the car for the oldest, years ago, it came with only one jey, found out when it was driven home, he asked for if there was a second key and they told him for $250, I called them said that I had never purchased a car that came with only 1 key in my life and if that was their stance then they could expect the car back in within the hour and I would be getting a refund...... they gave me the 2nd key
A single key is standard these days.
I paid for 3 with my new F350 plow truck.
It's cheaper to get them that way.
I also specified 16" tires. They're better
& cheaper than the new standard.
(Higher side wall means more durable
on potholes.)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
about $.30.

Why back in them thar goode olde daze, a dollar was worth a dollar. Not like these degeenerate days.

Wu Wei

A single key is standard these days.
I paid for 3 with my new F350 plow truck.
It's cheaper to get them that way.
I also specified 16" tires. They're better
& cheaper than the new standard.
(Higher side wall means more durable
on potholes.)
Yup, my old 76 GMC K2500, 350 4 bolt main with a 4BBL carb, 4x4 had 17" high wall with heavy tread. Thing never got stuck and pulled many out of snowbanks....most of those while still in 2 wheel drive.... but it only got about 6 MPG

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yup, my old 76 GMC K2500, 350 4 bolt main with a 4BBL carb, 4x4 had 17" high wall with heavy tread. Thing never got stuck and pulled many out of snowbanks....most of those while still in 2 wheel drive.... but it only got about 6 MPG
My dad bought a Ford in the mid-1950's that got about 3mpg. After months in the shop it got 7. Guess which brand of car I've never owned.

Wu Wei

My Toyota PHEV gets over 100mpg (a lot of electric driving which is much cheaper than gas these days).
My S10 blazer I got after that got 15mpg...but I do not remember what the MPG on my CJ5 was...could have been 100mpg I guess

Wu Wei

my eyes are all wonky, like looking through a thick blurry fog...if I don't put eye drops in every 10 minutes.....I think they may change the eye meds in a couple weeks... think I will log off for a bit, at least until they stop hurting