• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Again possible but his trolley doesn't look European, it has a distinct slant to the side bars
American Aldi carts, from pictures I've seen, still look more German than American. Especially the Quarter slot thingy to release the chain latch.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
American Aldi carts, from pictures I've seen, still look more German than American. Especially the Quarter slot thingy to release the chain latch.

They nearly all have slot thingies to release the chain catch. In Europe they take 1€, the UK takes £1
It's supposed to ensure you take the trolley back to the trolley park.
But... most shops that have them will issue a piece of plastic that fits the slot to customers.
It always strikes me as a bit odd.

Shadow Wolf

They nearly all have slot thingies to release the chain catch. In Europe they take 1€, the UK takes £1
It's supposed to ensure you take the trolley back to the trolley park.
But... most shops that have them will issue a piece of plastic that fits the slot to customers.
It always strikes me as a bit odd.
The Aldi carts, at least here, the piece of plastic is metal. And it's supposed to make people take them back, but when I did a shopping thing during the pandemic there'd always be a cart in the parking lot, Id use one of those, amd after a few trips I'd collect enough quarters for a soda at the gas station.

Shadow Wolf

Perhaps you missed the fact that you & l live
in different areas. Price competition will differ.
No, I just learned hardware stores just aren't a place to buy food. It's primitive, backwards and crude. I just simply didn't know any better but now I do. If fresh, edible produce isn't available it's probably not worth considering.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Menards is a place to buy bird seed. Lots and lots of bird seed!

DxiN95-XgAElTGd.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just checked my app thingy. My dog, who will be 16 next month, 35 minutes for a mile.
My mom's dog, who is 6, is 21 minutes, and likely less when my mom walks her because my mom walks faster than I do.
It's the sniffing (and greeting) time not the walking speed for us.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
A visit to any grocery store can be fraught with peril.

grocery-fail.gif
And no one noticed he was missing for 3 days..... he survived on candy bars..... it was not until someone noticed that the candy was gone and they went to refill the rack that he was found

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And no one noticed he was missing for 3 days..... he survived on candy bars..... it was not until someone noticed that the candy was gone and they went to refill the rack that he was found

He probably would have gotten a lawyer to sue the store.

Dewey%2BCheatum.jpg

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Someone mentioned sardines earlier. I once ate sardines regularly, or every once in awhile.

Then I grew up, realized that some things, like play-dough, and wall paste, and canned sardines, you shouldn't eat.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sitting in the courtyard enjoying an iced coffee listening the the many birds singing, chattering and arguing. Suddenly silence. Not a sound from any bird. Glancing at the bird feeder a sparrow and a siskin stand silent and frozen.

Then the reason why soars into view, a pair of hunting eagles circling above.

Such a tiny brain that senses danger and acts accordingly.

If it were cats, they'd be flapping like mad to get up and out of the way and make as much noise as they could to warn others. Danger from above they know that noise and movement attracts unwanted attention.