• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That doesn't make much sense. And I do build things, but they often require things also found in places like Joan's and Michael's and Benjamin Franklin's. Except it's been a long time since I've seen that last one.
What construction projects have you done?
I buy a whole lotta lumber & roofing materials there.
And fasteners, tools, ratchet straps, etc.
Hardware stores shouldn't sell groceries. It's wrong.
Puritan!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
burn-on-fire.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What construction projects have you done?
I buy a whole lotta lumber & roofing materials there.
And fasteners, tools, ratchet straps, etc.
I don't do construction, and that's not the only way to build things.
Nah, I'm just developing a sense of food standards. Like the "Asian isle" just won't do it for me anymore. It's gotta be the Asain grocery store. With Chinese and Korean and Vietnamese characters I can't read on the label.

Shadow Wolf

I did not mention Sprouts, FoodMaxx, Safeway, Whole Foods, Korean Market, International Foods, Super Tehran, Afghan Halal, iFoods Commissary along with the ones I listed earlier.
Here FoodMaxx is on the other end of town and doesn't have anything interesting enough to go there. Food4Less however is a bit further but it has Faygo.
And we're getting an Aldi and Trader Joe. No Whole Paycheck Foods though.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nah, I'm just developing a sense of food standards. Like the "Asian isle" just won't do it for me anymore. It's gotta be the Asain grocery store. With Chinese and Korean and Vietnamese characters I can't read on the label.

There's also a sense of discovery when there's veg in a bin with no English identification that you never saw before and have no idea how to prepare. Of course these days image identification can usually tell you what that strange object is, but still there's a lot of great items that you'll never find in an American grocery.

Shadow Wolf

@Revoltingest loves to promote wrong
I'm probably the bigger promoter of wrong. But that's wrong according to the sort of stiff, crusty, lame white middle class on up values that are prone to getting made fun of by black comedians. The bar for wrong according to wrongfully maligned individuals and groups tends to be much higher.
So maybe @Revoltingest does promote more wrong. Maybe he promotes less. It's a rough call. He's among the least trusted group in society. I'm in a gang and hate group. We are both Celts, but he's not been told to leave Indiana because I'm different and don't do patriotic idolatry. He just seems to wrongly draw the nasty side from people.

Shadow Wolf

There's also a sense of discovery when there's veg in a bin with no English identification that you never saw before and have no idea how to prepare. Of course these days image identification can usually tell you what that strange object is, but still there's a lot of great items that you'll never find in an American grocery.
Image identification? ...
WITCH! WITCH! I found a witch!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm probably the bigger promoter of wrong. But that's wrong according to the sort of stiff, crusty, lame white middle class on up values that are prone to getting made fun of by black comedians. The bar for wrong according to wrongfully maligned individuals and groups tends to be much higher.
So maybe @Revoltingest does promote more wrong. Maybe he promotes less. It's a rough call. He's among the least trusted group in society. I'm in a gang and hate group. We are both Celts, but he's not been told to leave Indiana because I'm different and don't do patriotic idolatry. He just seems to wrongly draw the nasty side from people.
Your "wrong" is all "right" with me.

Shadow Wolf

Your "wrong" is all "right" with me.
That seems the consensus of most. Except for uptight jerkwads, authoritarians, overly religious conservative bungholes, and rigid moral puritans. And apparently not HR/business types either. Nothing I do seems to please those shallow brained cretins who want to put everyone in a nice, neat box and exclude everybody else.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Who set off the smoke alarm? There's no smoke! There's no fire!

Its 5am. This is a rude joke.

And now I'm on edge... nothing to freak a person out like smoke alarms when they're sleeping.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Menards is no loss to people who don't build things.
And it has a better grocery section than any lumber
yard or hardware store in the Brown State.
Ummm you do realize that lumber yards and hardware stores....are NOT grocery stores and if a Lumber yard or hardware store had a section of cereal, hot dogs, ketchup and potato chips, as well as there standard rack of candy at the checkout counter, it is then a better grocery store than any other lumber yard or hardware store.... but not as good as your standard connivence store which is by far inferior to any actual grocery store..... so you are not really saying much there....this of course does not matter since Menards does not actually exist

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Woohoo!

We have all those & more.

We have those plus Aldi.
HAH!!! But Aldi sells tainted beef...oh wait....sorry...I'm anti Menards...which does not exist...not anti Aldis....which does exist..... and is a German company by the way that also owns Trader Joe's.....so just forget I said anything I said about Aldi's tainted beef