• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
My eye doc changed my dry eye meds..... my eyes are constantly burning and blurry....looking at computer screens only makes it worse..... And reading about this new med....the burning can last 17 to 14 days....if you're lucky...could last as much as 6 months......and it could also be as much as 6 months before it works like it should...and I have another medication, for the eye infection I have that is sticky, causes blurry vision...but on the upside...I only apply that before I go to bed..... and at least the crustiness is finally going away...but I have to littereally wash my eyelids 3 to 4 times a day...using baby shampoo.......

So.... I'm grumpy
have a headache
my eyes are burning
my eyes are blurry
not in the mood for people
virtually everyone is annoying
so far have held my tongue
and not responded with colorful metaphors
So it is best to sign off for a bit

TTFN

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My eye doc changed my dry eye meds..... my eyes are constantly burning and blurry....looking at computer screens only makes it worse..... And reading about this new med....the burning can last 17 to 14 days....if you're lucky...could last as much as 6 months......and it could also be as much as 6 months before it works like it should...and I have another medication, for the eye infection I have that is sticky, causes blurry vision...but on the upside...I only apply that before I go to bed..... and at least the crustiness is finally going away...but I have to littereally wash my eyelids 3 to 4 times a day...using baby shampoo.......

So.... I'm grumpy
have a headache
my eyes are burning
my eyes are blurry
not in the mood for people
virtually everyone is annoying
so far have held my tongue
and not responded with colorful metaphors
So it is best to sign off for a bit

TTFN

UGH. And I thought having blepharitis was a PITA.

Wu Wei

Resumé
BY Dorothy Parker

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I plan to go to Menards today!
I no longer miss it. I've moved on to greener pastures and grateful a hardware store isn't were I get BBQ sauce anymore. I have proper grocery stores now, including an overpriced IGA with nothing special in it, an Indian grocery store and Smart n Final. And Winco. Their brand isn't as good as Meijer's but it's usually not bad for store brand, they have bulk stuff, cheaper and it's employee owned.

Shadow Wolf

I like this recent creation. Not the final draft, but I like it.
2023-08-09_13-06-04.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
After some matcha tea and a bit of chocolate, I've perked up considerably and am doings things and will be doing even more without whack-a-mole processes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I no longer miss it. I've moved on to greener pastures....
CA is BROWNER pastures.
(The "Golden State" is really brown weeds
& grass....& now black from the fires.)
No Menards, eh....how backward.
I just got a bunch of stuff I need at
the best prices anywhere.

Shadow Wolf

CA is BROWNER pastures.
(The "Golden State" is really brown weeds
& grass....& now black from the fires.)
No it's just backwards here. It's dull and brown during the summer and green and pretty during the winter time. Amd the drought is gone from the map/on pause so not black either, especially since those like just @Just George and yourself from what I've heard all took pitty on us and decided to give us a break and take a turn at have ash for precipitation when Canada decided to immitate us.
No Menards, eh....how backward.
It's no loss. @Wu Wei would be proud of me if he wasn't such a grumpy bear I've come to see the backwards primitiveness of a hardware store thats also a viableish grocery store. But that's only true in the rural MidWest. Where real grocery stores are around (that aren't Kroger) then even Meijer loses it's appeal other than it probably being the second best store brand.
I just got a bunch of stuff I need at
the best prices anywhere.
I still wonder about the quality of all that stuff and other strings attached. It's mostly not anything crap like Harbir Freight but I just can't see it being that great with all the deeply discounted stuff you get from there. Unless you spend so much there it's like the only person I know who eats more pizza than me, a lady who eats so much pizza she gets Christmas cards and free pizzas from a few joints.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not only is it not black, but we have a lake that once was gone but now is back (at least for the nonce). @Revoltingest specializes in sour grapes when it comes to California.

Wu Wei

It's no loss. @Wu Wei would be proud of me if he wasn't such a grumpy bear I've come to see the backwards primitiveness of a hardware store thats also a viableish grocery store. But that's only true in the rural MidWest. Where real grocery stores are around (that aren't Kroger) then even Meijer loses it's appeal other than it probably being the second best store brand.

Menards does not exist... it is a hallucination brought on by over exposure to corn fumes.... however your post is a good sign that you are no longer under the influence of corn fumes.....and starting to see the error of believing in Menards.... HIGH FIVE

images

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Menards is no loss to people who don't build things.
And it has a better grocery section than any lumber
yard or hardware store in the Brown State.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

That just proves you are a heathen barbarian., We don't have "grocery sections" but chinese, oriental, mexican, health food, polish, farmer's outlet and other grocery STORES close by. And if you want your food store along with many different options, there's Costco. And of course Trader Joes.

Shadow Wolf

Menards is no loss to people who don't build things.
That doesn't make much sense. And I do build things, but they often require things also found in places like Joan's and Michael's and Benjamin Franklin's. Except it's been a long time since I've seen that last one.
Hardware stores shouldn't sell groceries. It's wrong.