• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
More mischievous bears: Black bear burglar Hank the Tank captured, heading to Colorado sanctuary - UPI.com

Aug. 7 (UPI) -- Hank the Tank, a large black bear responsible for at least 21 home break-ins in South Lake Tahoe, is on her way to a Colorado wildlife sanctuary after California officials captured her and three cubs.

"Relocation is not typically an option for conflict animals over concern that relocating an animal will relocate the conflict behavior to a different community," CDFW said. "However, given the widespread interest in this bear, and the significant risk of a serious incident involving the bear, CDFW is employing an alternative solution to safeguard the bear family as well as the people in the South Lake Tahoe community."

Colorado Gov. Jared Polis welcomed Hank the Tank to Colorado in a post on Twitter, noting that the bear "turned out to be Henrietta the Tank."

The three young cubs have been present during recent home break-ins. Wildlife officials hope to release them to the wild after rehabilitation at Sonoma County Wildlife Rescue in Petaluma. One of the cubs appears to have been struck by a vehicle earlier this month. The injured cub is mobile and will receive veterinary care.

Numerous break ins were associated with this crime ring, including contributing to the delinquency of bear cubs.

But the article suggests that humans are partly to blame:

"The bottom line is that humans need to do better at securing garbage, picking up fruit that has fallen from trees, putting barbecues away and eliminating all attractants for wild animals, including bears. If humans behaved better in this way, these situations could be avoided, and bears would have a natural fear of humans and their dwellings."

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Looks racist.
They never have negative news about "white" bears.
5aefb3c5fbe071574b81d1a29f52aa7e.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Be good to me or else. What is the "else" you don't wonder?

I could look for a soucouyant who is “believed to shed his or her skin at night and travel in the form of a ball of fire, and to suck the blood of victims while they sleep.”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't think Carvana would approve of
wrenching on a car, & then returning it.
When you buy a used car, how long do
you drive & investigate its condition?
Not very long. It does, afterall, take some time to get to really know a car and a lot of issues won't show themselves until you've done it for awhile.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
'Tis a band I like less and less as the years go on. I've never thought they were that good as far as the music goes, the stage show far from the best, and being in it so purely for the money they've abused the hell out of "farewell tour" and even sell empty plastic sleeves with a cardboard thingy stapled to it (air guitar strings, they call them).
At least those like Wagner and Lennon made some good music.