• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Even back when checks were more common, a lot of places didn't accept them - or only accepted them if they were from a local bank or with a check guarantee card. Too many people passing off bad checks.

I remember my dad taking the extended family out to lunch, and going to pay with his check, only to be told they didn't accept them...

Luckily, my sister had enough money in her bank account to cover it, and paid with debit(he gave her the check), but he sure was embarrassed...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Check
check-red-check.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I remember my dad taking the extended family out to lunch, and going to pay with his check, only to be told they didn't accept them...

Luckily, my sister had enough money in her bank account to cover it, and paid with debit(he gave her the check), but he sure was embarrassed...

He should have paid with a Triganic Pu

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Wu Wei

Wu Wei

Mrs Wu thinks I am mighty..... I have a heavy bag in the basement I work out with... usually when she is not home. Because if she is home, she yells at me to stop because I am breaking the house..... it is mounted on a steel I-Beam.

I was working on the steel grate at the end of my driveway, had to put a new screen over top to keep the ding dang locust leaves out of it.

Its a grate similar to a standard sewer grate you see in the street. When I took the grate out, the metal frame around it came out with it. It separated from the concrete below. Mrs Wu accused me of pulling to hard and ripping it out of the concrete...

main-qimg-781d69b2a108584f39217d3819f457f3