• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Surgeon Hari Priya Bandi was performing a biopsy through a hole in the 64-year-old patient’s skull at Canberra Hospital last year when she used forceps to pull out the parasite, which measured 8 centimeters, or 3 inches.

“I just thought: ‘What is that? It doesn’t make any sense. But it’s alive and moving,’” Bandi was quoted Tuesday in The Canberra Times newspaper.

The creature was the larva of an Australian native roundworm not previously known to be a human parasite, named Ophidascaris robertsi. The worms are commonly found in carpet pythons.

Bandi and Canberra infectious diseases physician Sanjaya Senanayake are authors of an article about the extraordinary medical case published in the latest edition of the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases.

Senanayake said he was on duty at the hospital in June last year when the worm was found.

This might explain a lot of things. I wonder what sort of tiny creatures are crawling around in some people's brains.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Waiting to board. Flight from Florida delayed so we wait until plane cleared and cleaned

I hate it when that happens. Airports are not a good place to hang around.

It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever produced the expression "as pretty as an airport". - Douglas Adams​

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I hate it when that happens. Airports are not a good place to hang around.

It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever produced the expression "as pretty as an airport". - Douglas Adams​
Some airports are well designed but not if you're stuck waiting for a plane

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
M-185 in Michiganistan is the only highway
in the entire USA to ban all motor vehicles.

Its on a tiny little island..... and its s only a little over 8 miles long......whoopy doopy....its a sidewalk...you Michigan types get confused some times