• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Limande chips and peas for dinner with brioche for desert.

Could be dab or flounder and frits or fries depending where you live

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't do angry but I'm pushing the edge. Our printer stopped picking up paper, we've gone for a few weeks feeding it by hand. Anyway we ordered a new printer on Monday for delivery tomorrow.
I just received an email that it won't be delivered until Saturday. No one will be home to accept delivery on Saturday. The company tells me after despatch the delivery date cannot be changed.

In my extended neighborhood, people have packages left when they're not around, use a camera to document porch thieves and then complain about the police and our elected officials. I'm not much of a Nextdoor fan.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I don't do angry but I'm pushing the edge. Our printer stopped picking up paper, we've gone for a few weeks feeding it by hand. Anyway we ordered a new printer on Monday for delivery tomorrow.
I just received an email that it won't be delivered until Saturday. No one will be home to accept delivery on Saturday. The company tells me after despatch the delivery date cannot be changed.
That would make me angry.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It was terrible before we moved here, order something and it would be slated for delivery two weeks or so after we returned to England
I'm use to the USA delivery systems and dealing with Montreal..... well... I prefer NOT to deal with Montreal. And getting repairs can be equally as maddening...thank goodness we have access to the Chinese way of doing things....otherwise it would take forever

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm use to the USA delivery systems and dealing with Montreal..... well... I prefer NOT to deal with Montreal. And getting repairs can be equally as maddening...thank goodness we have access to the Chinese way of doing things....otherwise it would take forever

At least you don't get the phrase "au normalment".
It's a cut down version of 'if everything is normal' meaning something along the lines of next week (or next month) so long as the wife doesn't have a bad day or the elections go my way, or we don't get visitors etc etc...

Wu Wei

It's a cut down version of 'if everything is normal' meaning something along the lines of next week (or next month) so long as the wife doesn't have a bad day or the elections go my way, or we don't get visitors etc etc...
NAH, we get mostly (我会处理的) Wǒ huì chǔlǐ de (I'll take care of it)

But delieveries are different....can take 3, 4...6 weeks to get something delivered... and you can change the delivery date...but you may have just added another 3, 4, .... 6 weeks to the wait

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ef7d65d5c7066793d40b893df134ccd9.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

In the US we have a song with a Latin American accent

Mañana (Is Soon Enough for Me)
The window she is broken and the rain is comin' in
If someone doesn't fix it I'll be soaking to my skin
But if we wait a day or two the rain may go away
And we don't need a window on such a sunny day

Wu Wei

In the US we have a song with a Latin American accent

Mañana (Is Soon Enough for Me)
The window she is broken and the rain is comin' in
If someone doesn't fix it I'll be soaking to my skin