• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sometimes I resemble this

Ziggy Comic Strip for February 18, 2024

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Perhaps they're out stalking delivery drivers with all the goodies that raccoons love.
The raccoons don't really bother me since they are outside. It is all the critters that are in my attic and garage that bother me.
I think they also come into the house at times and then go back into the attic, although I never see them, because if they came where I can see them the cats would get them.

I just heard the mice in the closet behind where I am standing. I cannot see them, but I heard them squeaking.
I could let my 8 cats get them but I cannot stand to see any animals hurt or killed so I am in between a rock and a had place. All I can do is pray to God for the noise to stop, that is my only hope!

Sometimes when they are running around overhead I hit the ceiling with a broom handle and that might help. I just hit the closet door with a broom handle and I hear no more squeaking. Mice squeaking is the worst sound. It just gives me the creeps! If I knew it was squirrels in my attic it would not bother me because I love squirrels, but I don't know what is up there and I am not about to go up there and find out. :eek:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I realized today if someone where to walk a mile in my shoes, this person would undoubtedly be in excruciating pain and probably fall over long before it's done.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The raccoons don't really bother me since they are outside. It is all the critters that are in my attic and garage that bother me.
I think they also come into the house at times and then go back into the attic, although I never see them, because if they came where I can see them the cats would get them.

I just heard the mice in the closet behind where I am standing. I cannot see them, but I heard them squeaking.
I could let my 8 cats get them but I cannot stand to see any animals hurt or killed so I am in between a rock and a had place. All I can do is pray to God for the noise to stop, that is my only hope!

Sometimes when they are running around overhead I hit the ceiling with a broom handle and that might help. I just hit the closet door with a broom handle and I hear no more squeaking. Mice squeaking is the worst sound. It just gives me the creeps! If I knew it was squirrels in my attic it would not bother me because I love squirrels, but I don't know what is up there and I am not about to go up there and find out. :eek:

I've heard that there are some non-lethal mouse traps available.

As for what's in your attic, that might be a bit risky. I remember visiting my aunt and uncle at their farm in Minnesota, and they had a bat in their attic. Can the cats get into the attic?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've heard that there are some non-lethal mouse traps available.
I have a pest control company who is servicing my rental although the rodent problem is nowhere near as bad there as it is in my house.
If need be I will get them over here to evaluate my situation but years ago they already told me that as long as I feed the birds I will never get rid of the rodents. As for sealing off the attic, there are just too many places they can get in. One place they can get in is through the garage.
As for what's in your attic, that might be a bit risky. I remember visiting my aunt and uncle at their farm in Minnesota, and they had a bat in their attic. Can the cats get into the attic?
It is risky, which is why I don't even want to send the pest control guy up there!
No, the cats cannot get into the attic or the closets where I think the mice might be coming and going.

Only twice in 15 years of living here have I actually seen any mice in the living area. A few months ago I saw a large mouse (or rat) in the upstairs where I live and the cats had killed him before I even knew it. Another time I saw a cat with a small mouse in his mouth but I took the mouse away from him before he killed it and threw it outside. It walked away so I guess it was okay. I think the mice are smart enough to know better than to come in the house with 8 cats!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Once when we had a mouse in the kitchen, I dropped a cat right in front of the mouse. The cat gave me a "why the **** did you do that" and left ignoring the mouse. One never knows with cats.

Shadow Wolf

I've met lots of white people who grew up on the good stuff, got around my age amd started listening to country. I also hear lots of talk of people getting more conservative as they get older.
Fortunately I'm defying all this. I've been listening to more rap and doing what I consider fine tuning my understanding and radar for what a problem is and not caring unless it's actually a problem.

Shadow Wolf

Considering where our word "lord" comes from, perhaps we should insist to conservatives, especially those like Majorie Taylor who want "traditional Anglo-Saxon values," that that does indeed making the state the bread giver/loaf gaurdian (hlaford).
Amd then maybe finally we'd get all our bridges fixed.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Florida is a wild state. They had raccoons stealing tacos, and here's a bear who broke into a car and stole someone's Valentine's Day chocolates.

Her boyfriend left them on her car seat as a surprise, but the bear got there first.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Florida is a wild state. They had raccoons stealing tacos, and here's a bear who broke into a car and stole someone's Valentine's Day chocolates.

Her boyfriend left them on her car seat as a surprise, but the bear got there first.

Wasn't @Wu Wei in Florida about then?