• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I've met lots of white people who grew up on the good stuff, got around my age amd started listening to country. I also hear lots of talk of people getting more conservative as they get older.
Fortunately I'm defying all this. I've been listening to more rap and doing what I consider fine tuning my understanding and radar for what a problem is and not caring unless it's actually a problem.
I seem to be around a lot of people who still don't listen to country, but don't listen to hard rock as much.

I still listen to pretty much the hard rock I alvvays have, and can be quite picky about music in general.

Haven't noticed people getting more conservative as the age; people here seem to stay the same, politically speaking.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I seem to be around a lot of people who still don't listen to country, but don't listen to hard rock as much.
Their loss. Especially when it comes time to be pissed off. No one writes as good angry music as Dave Mustaine. He's so good at that he even stole an Alice Cooper song and turned it into a Megadeth song (he does seem more likely to get decked by a reverend than Alice).
Amd getting pumped up. Hard rock and metal is needed for that.
I still listen to pretty much the hard rock I alvvays have, and can be quite picky about music in general.
That's still my primary go to. Basically rock from.between the 60s and 90s. The Kinks, The Doors, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Sex Pistols, the Clash, Alice Cooper, ACDC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, L7, Metallica, Megadeth, NIN, Alice in Chains, STP, Stabbing Westward, Marilyn Manson, it's good. Amd there are a few exceptions with things that happened after the 90s, mostly Ghost and Powerwolf.
Haven't noticed people getting more conservative as the age; people here seem to stay the same, politically speaking.
I haven't actually noticed that myself, I've just always heard it.

Shadow Wolf

For me lyrics count. Any genre with lyrics I can get behind is all right with me.
They need to count more to more people. White Wedding and especially Every Breath you Take should not be played at weddings, just as American Woman and Born in the USA aren't really Fourth of July celebration songs, unless you're like me or others pointing out not everyone has been free, is free or is secure in their freedoms.
But as Marilyn Manson "this is the new ****, stand up and admit it. do we get it? (NO!) do we want it? (YES!)"

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I actually find lyrics don't mean that much as to hovv I enjoy the song, but I try to be avvare enough of them to knovv vvhere to play/not play them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I actually find lyrics don't mean that much as to hovv I enjoy the song, but I try to be avvare enough of them to knovv vvhere to play/not play them.
I also enjoy music without a message but I need to counteract the state of the world with music containing what for me is a positive message. Some examples are: "Eve 2012 (Eve of Destruction)", Barry McGuire,"Here Comes the Sun", Beatles, "Less of Me", Bill Saines, "One Tribe" Black Eyed Peas, "Ilahinoor-Divine Human", Denean, "Battle Hymn of the Republic", Odetta, "Running to the LIght", Runrig, "Love is My Religion", Ziggy Marley and others

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I also enjoy music without a message but I need to counteract the state of the world with music containing what for me is a positive message. Some examples are: "Eve 2012 (Eve of Destruction)", Barry McGuire,"Here Comes the Sun", Beatles, "Less of Me", Bill Saines, "One Tribe" Black Eyed Peas, "Ilahinoor-Divine Human", Denean, "Battle Hymn of the Republic", Odetta, "Running to the LIght", Runrig, "Love is My Religion", Ziggy Marley and others

How about ERA, The Mass.

Does those lyrics do it for you?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Blocked on copyright grounds - unavailable.

Shame.

Here ya go...

The Mass / Era.
Semper crescis
Aut decrescis
Vita detestabilis
Nunc obdurat
Et tunc curat
Ludo mentis aciem
Nunc obdurat
Et tunc curat
Ludo mentis aciem
Egestatem
Potestatem
Dissolvit ut glaciem
Divano
Divano re
Divano blessi
Divano blessia
Divano blessia
Divano
Divano re
Divano blessia
Divano blessia
Sors salutis
Et virtutis

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Shame.

Here ya go...

The Mass / Era.
Semper crescis
Aut decrescis
Vita detestabilis
Nunc obdurat
Et tunc curat
Ludo mentis aciem
Nunc obdurat
Et tunc curat
Ludo mentis aciem
Egestatem
Potestatem
Dissolvit ut glaciem
Divano
Divano re
Divano blessi
Divano blessia
Divano blessia
Divano
Divano re
Divano blessia
Divano blessia
Sors salutis
Et virtutis
Google translate says that means playing a mental game and blessing the couch. "Like ice on the sofa"?

Ever growing
Or you decrease
Hateful life
Now it's hard
And then soothes
I am playing a mental game
Now it's hard
And then soothes
Poverty
Power
Like ice
On the sofa
Divine matter
Blessed be the couch
Blessings to the couch
Blessings to the couch
On the sofa
Divine matter
Blessings to the couch
Blessings to the couch
The fate of salvation
And of virtue

ChristineM

Premium Member
Google translate says that means playing a mental game and blessing the couch. "Like ice on the sofa"?

Ever growing
Or you decrease
Hateful life
Now it's hard
And then soothes
Now it's hard
And then soothes
Poverty
Power
Like ice
On the sofa
Divine matter
Blessed be the couch
Blessings to the couch
Blessings to the couch
On the sofa
Divine matter
Blessings to the couch
Blessings to the couch
The fate of salvation
And of virtue

Interesting, Eric Levi, the composer doesn't see it the same way google does.

Always increasing
Or decreasing
The detestable life
Now difficult
And then easy
With your games sharpens

Now difficult
And then easy
With your games sharpens
Poverty
Power
Dissolves like ice

Often my health
And my virtue
Are now contrary for me
Affected
And defective
Always in torment
In this hour
without delay
Take the pulse of my heart

In this hour
Without delay
Which through fate
She overthrows my strength
Weep all of you with me

But i think his latin is worse than mine
Really its not really latin, is a pseudo-language based on latin that fits well with the song

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Interesting, Eric Levi, the composer doesn't see it the same way google does.

Always increasing
Or decreasing
The detestable life
Now difficult
And then easy
With your games sharpens

Now difficult
And then easy
With your games sharpens
Poverty
Power
Dissolves like ice

Often my health
And my virtue
Are now contrary for me
Affected
And defective
Always in torment
In this hour
without delay

In this hour
Without delay
Which through fate
She overthrows my strength
Weep all of you with me

But i think his latin is worse than mine
Really its not really latin, is a pseudo-language based on latin that fits well with the song
I've never seen such a disparity in translation. It was actually shocking.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I've never seen such a disparity in translation. It was actually shocking.

That is why i used it. As soon as i saw your post i thought "ah ha, this is a job for ERA"

Its a pity you can't watch it, i think you'd like it, reminiscent og Gregorian chant

Shadow Wolf

A prime motive for me learning German is being able to understand Rammstein. Amd it's so totally worth because I discovered for years I have been enjoying some very dark, disturbing, ****ed up ****. I mean, like, wow! Their lyrics do dark in a way that only Germans and Catholics can.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Racso, a 24-year-old vedic astrologer from Austin, Texas had lost an immense amount of money trading cryptocurrencies and is now funding his lifestyle with credit cards.

Getting a regular job, he explained, is only for a “worst-case scenario,” but Hammer believes Racso’s current situation couldn’t get any worse.

“I’m borderline ready to kick you off,” he told him. “This is the angriest I’ve ever been.”

Well, if he's an astrologer, he should have seen it coming.

Racso started trading cryptocurrencies in 2020 with $40,000. He eventually turned that into $440,000. Unfortunately, his day trading was fueled by immense leverage as high as 17 times his equity.

That’s excessive by conventional metrics, but not unusual in the cryptocurrency industry, where platforms can offer leverage ratios as high as 125. However, excessive borrowing is a double-edged sword, as Racso eventually found out.

He said he lost 70% of his portfolio when the trading platform FTX and cryptocurrency Terra/Luna collapsed in 2022. Based on his own analysis done via vedic astrology (which focuses on karma over personality traits), the events that happened to Rocso were driven by the “eclipse of Taurus and Scorpio.”

The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) estimated that more than $450 billion in market value was destroyed when the Terra/Luna project collapsed, while FTX’s bankruptcy dissolved another $200 billion.

Altogether, the cryptocurrency industry lost $1.8 trillion that year, leaving three-quarters of retail investors (40% of whom were men under the age of 35) with significant losses.

And it was all the result of the "eclipse of Taurus and Scorpio."

Undeterred by his failure to predict this market collapse, Racso now believes he can make a living as a vedic astrologer predicting the fortunes of others. He admitted, however, that he isn’t currently earning any income.

Meanwhile, his portfolio is down to pennies, so his monthly budget is fueled by credit cards.

It seems no one wants to hire his services as an astrologer.

Hammer simply described him as a “ridiculous clown.”

However, Racso's situation, although dire, could potentially be salvaged with a robust source of income, tighter monthly budgets and weaning off the credit card addiction. The only problem is that he first has to acknowledge the issues to himself if he hopes to overcome them.

Saturn is in the third house, and it's a bit rocky.

now-i-know-the-bands-sign-virgo.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Shame.

Here ya go...

The Mass / Era.
Semper crescis
Aut decrescis
Vita detestabilis
Nunc obdurat
Et tunc curat
Ludo mentis aciem
Nunc obdurat
Et tunc curat
Ludo mentis aciem
Egestatem
Potestatem
Dissolvit ut glaciem
Divano
Divano re
Divano blessi
Divano blessia
Divano blessia
Divano
Divano re
Divano blessia
Divano blessia
Sors salutis
Et virtutis
Apparently between religious stuff, hymns and chants, classic music and such stuff I actually get quite a bit of that without having to look it up.