• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Florida is like some kind of tourist wonderland, where it's fun to gape at the local wildlife.

Promoted as “the most insane athletic showdown on Earth,” the Florida Man Games poke fun at the state’s reputation for bizarre stories that involve brawling, drinking, gunfire, reptile wrangling and other antics carrying a risk of time in jail or intensive care.

The games kicked off Saturday with the “Star Spangled Banner” played on electric guitar. Then spectators sipping canned beers behind metal barricades cheered and frequently shouted expletives as a dozen teams battled in contests inspired by real events from America’s most surreal state.

A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Spectators paid real money — $45 per ticket or more — to watch the games at Francis Field in downtown St. Augustine. Yusuf El Shihibi said he and his wife made the 180-mile (290-kilometer) trip from Port St. Richey “to watch stupidity occur on the grandest, most spectacular scale.”

Organizer Pete Melfi said he expected ticket sales to exceed 5,000. He said he was stunned to find nobody else had beaten him to the ripped-from-headlines idea for a spoof sporting event.

“We kind of give a person an opportunity to live a day in the life of ‘Florida Man’ without ending up in a cop car,” said Melfi, who runs the St. Augustine media outlet The 904 Now. But he had to tone down some racier aspects of the “Florida Man” mythos to obtain a permit.

So, you can live a day in the life of Florida Man without the risk of jail.

But they still frown on drugs and nudity.

”There’s typically drugs and nudity,” he said. “But the city frowned on it when I asked for drugs and nudity.”

Well, it is a family event after all. They were also talking about having a Florida Woman games.

Florida is the third most populated state in the U.S.

1709042177981.jpeg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Florida is like some kind of tourist wonderland, where it's fun to gape at the local wildlife.

A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

So, you can live a day in the life of Florida Man without the risk of jail.

But they still frown on drugs and nudity.

Well, it is a family event after all. They were also talking about having a Florida Woman games.

Florida is the third most populated state in the U.S.

View attachment 88808
and yet Florida's violent crime rate is lower than California's, Arizona's and New York's violent crime rates... but it is higher than Maine and New Hampshire.... but then every states violent crime rate is higher than Maine and New Hampshire

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
and yet Florida's violent crime rate is lower than California's, Arizona's and New York's violent crime rates... but it is higher than Maine and New Hampshire.... but then every states violent crime rate is higher than Maine and New Hampshire
When I moved here, the crime rate of Fresno was very comparable to Kokomo (In). And Kokomo, a city that began gentrification many years amd shocked me last time I was there seeing homeless people wondering about, has gotten much worse I'm told. However I'm also told it's mostly due to these gangs from Chicago, but an investigative newspaper and one that was actually good found no evidence for the presence of these gangs. But it was definitely getting worse a few years before I left.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Doodily ding dong tick tock!
Dethklok! Dethklok!
Dethklok! Dethklok!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
CA is so big and diverse that crime like so much else depends on where you live. 10+ Shocking California Crime Statistics: Safety Trends (2024)

Since we bought this house in 2009 there has been need to call the police to the village 3 times.
1. A fight broke out at the village fete involving around 30 drunks
2. A resident had an accident with his rifle shooting a hole through both his front window and a window in the church opposite his home.
3. Thieves tied the ATM to the back of their truck and drove off towing it behind them.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
When I moved here, the crime rate of Fresno was very comparable to Kokomo (In). And Kokomo, a city that began gentrification many years amd shocked me last time I was there seeing homeless people wondering about, has gotten much worse I'm told. However I'm also told it's mostly due to these gangs from Chicago, but an investigative newspaper and one that was actually good found no evidence for the presence of these gangs. But it was definitely getting worse a few years before I left.
Indiana's crime rate is higher then Florida's

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The Eggo House of Pancakes, constructed by Eggo in honor of Wednesday's National Pancake Day, is furnished with breakfast-inspired décor including pancake-inspired beds with strawberries and cream sheets and pillows.

So, tomorrow is National Pancake Day. Gatlinburg, TN is the pancake capital of the south.