• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Been having dreams all week about being in or near a flood.... however last nights dream had a sound track..... however I can only remember thet last song

also last night was on an ice sheet, that was flooding. Been hiking through river floods, near ocean floods, lakes, etc. ll week in dreamland
At least it was a good song.

Shadow Wolf

My delightfully blasphemous idea to share, anyone who laughs will burn with me in Hell.
So a post here had some stuff that ultimately gave me a thought.
Jiangshi Jesus, hopping out if his tomb like Peter Cottontail with his arms permanently stretched out.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
snoopybuttermilk.jpg

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Buttermilk! Where'd you get the idea to throw that in?
Ranch dressing is buttermilk + onion powder + garlic + salt. Lumpia is a philippino food without buttermilk but with soy sauce and ginger. What I've found is that buttermilk seems to balance either ginger or garlic, and you get a nice spicy taste. It works without the buttermilk, too; and usually I'll use soy sauce when I do that...leaning more toward the Lumpia.

I saute chopped onions and let them start to carmelize, then put in some chopped cabbage and shredded carrots. Then other flavorings and ingredients. Various things are nice in there like a little red vinegar or diced pickled jalapeno. Its very flexible; but I'd start probably with a lumpia recipe for your flavorings. Instead of eggs I've also used a bit of nutritional yeast flakes for protein. That works. Any sort of protein is nice with this.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ranch dressing is buttermilk + onion powder + garlic + salt. Lumpia is a philippino food without buttermilk but with soy sauce and ginger. What I've found is that buttermilk seems to balance either ginger or garlic, and you get a nice spicy taste. I saute chopped onions and let them start to carmelize, then put in some chopped cabbage and shredded carrots. Then other flavorings and ingredients. Various things are nice in there like a little red vinegar or diced pickled jalapeno. Its very flexible; but I'd start probably with a lumpia recipe for your flavorings. Instead of eggs I've also used a bit of nutritional yeast flakes for protein. That works. Any sort of protein is nice with this.
That's an interesting mix.

Shadow Wolf

Germany has decriminalized Marijuana. The new law goes into effect tomorrow, April 1 2024.
Apparently though they aren't taking the smart route to testing, and from what I've heard a positive pee test during the wrong time can still be disasterous unless they update it to a mouth swab to check for different metabolites that indicate recent usage.
It's also been tomorrow there for many hours now.

Shadow Wolf

My classic rock playlist is now over 700 songs.
It just finished Cream -White Room
Now is Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
Next
Beast of Burden - Rolling Stones
I Want to Break Free - Queen
Fool in the Rain - Zeppelin
Fortunate Son - CCR
Man on tye Silver Mountain - Rainbow
Love Bites - Def Leppard
Stranglehold - Motor City Madman (I can never remember if his name has one or two Gs)
Ask the Lonely - Journey
Yes, this playlist too is awesome.

Shadow Wolf

The classic playlist is now at 100 songs.
Bach, Beethoven, Rameau, Vivaldi, Dvorak, Dukas, Mozart, Bach, Strauss, and if course Tchaikovski.

Shadow Wolf

So I noticed something in the end credits of ST:TNG
Special effects by Industrial Light and Magic, a division of Lucasfilm Ltd.