• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So I noticed something in the end credits of ST:TNG
Special effects by Industrial Light and Magic, a division of Lucasfilm Ltd.

ILM do special effects in many, many movies.

An employee left us and went to them. Good artist but not very loyal ;-)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
ILM do special effects in many, many movies.

An employee left us and went to them. Good artist but not very loyal ;-)
As the loyalty of companies to employees disappeared, so consequently the loyalty of employees to companies also disappeared. Some companies now believe that employees are almost slaves and should put up with anything but the company will not pay what the labor is worth and will toss employees under the bus in an instant. These days it's about the competition of the mega super rich to be richer than their peers.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As the loyalty of companies to employees disappeared, so consequently the loyalty of employees to companies also disappeared. Some companies now believe that employees are almost slaves and should put up with anything but the company will not pay what the labor is worth and will toss employees under the bus in an instant. These days it's about the competition of the mega super rich to be richer than their peers.

We didn't work that way. No more will be said on the subject

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yup. To quote the handbook of the gas station I used to work for, vacation time is when we're allowed to have time for oersonal pursuits. And they were so out of touch the DM decided an appropriate and highly motivating reward for a suggestive sales contest was an all expenses paid trip to the local drag strip, and a couple if my coworkers did that as a hobby, several of us didn't pay to get in amyways (friends and family discountl amd it turns out so unmotivating most of us didn't save our receipts for it.
Pay stagnanted, benefits reduced and Borgish corporate mentalities forced upon workers. We're treated like expendable cogs, and with a labor shortage we're finding many are indeed saying no more to a job that exploits them more than it helps them.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
All I want to do is sleep.... I should get out of this chair and go exercise.... maybe I'll feel better
sad-brown-bear.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
that's part of the problem... I want to be retired and I don't want to go to the office anymore... I have things to do and this work stuff is getting in the way... so I just sit here waiting for work stuff to occur.....
You got it bad.
Only solution is to retire ASAP.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I narrowly escaped the XZ backdoor issue. Good thing I am not in charge of national security. I bet those govco IT people are in their brown pants. What a close call for all of us. The bug was caught by a Microsoft guy.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
that's part of the problem... I want to be retired and I don't want to go to the office anymore... I have things to do and this work stuff is getting in the way... so I just sit here waiting for work stuff to occur.....
I thank you for those meditations. My thinking is that I also want to be retired, but chop wood carry water.