• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

We Never Know

No Slack
I've been thinking of how to make some "usable and cheap enough" device to cool a bedroom at night. I probably have it figured out, but by usable and cheap enough I mean a styrofoam cooler with dry ice and copper tubes (with fans at one end to draw air through the tubes and blow it out) inside with some exhaust tubes leading to a foam board that's got a decent temporary seal around it anf the window.
However, I also feel this is a project where I learn there's actually a lot to it. Like two things I made that also involved making wheels. Turns out theres more to wheels than just sticking them on something you want to move.
There are all kinds on youtube

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
random meaningless...ok...
1 mile is 5280 feet..... what if we measured a foot as the length of a kitty foot...about 1 inches... and a mile was 5280 kitty feet..or 5280 inches..... and that is 440 feet by the current standard.....about a 12th of a mile.... so to go at a current speed of 65 miles per hour...you would have to be going 780 miles per hour based on the length of a kitty foot......doing this math quick, so there could be errors...but MAN we could be driving down the highway at over 700 mies per hour....

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Time to go outside to get the mail.... as our heatwave arrives...it was 65F and breezy this morning and now it is 85F and humid, with 90F expected...and this is the coolest high predicted for the rest of the week.....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Words to the wise

why-though-v0-ehy6xegco47d1.jpeg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I see LeeAnder retained his fear of gang members... :(

He was the only kid I had when our house got raided by them. He didn't see it, thankfully.

He just turned around and came home because there were gang members at the store he wanted to shop.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I can now fairly say there is no getting into country music for me. Even this Goth Country can't do it. I can admit I heard some songs that would be GREAT in a Rob Zombie flick, but it's just not my thing.

Shadow Wolf

I see LeeAnder retained his fear of gang members... :(

He was the only kid I had when our house got raided by them. He didn't see it, thankfully.

He just turned around and came home because there were gang members at the store he wanted to shop.
I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.

Shadow Wolf

random meaningless...ok...
1 mile is 5280 feet..... what if we measured a foot as the length of a kitty foot...about 1 inches... and a mile was 5280 kitty feet..or 5280 inches..... and that is 440 feet by the current standard.....about a 12th of a mile.... so to go at a current speed of 65 miles per hour...you would have to be going 780 miles per hour based on the length of a kitty foot......doing this math quick, so there could be errors...but MAN we could be driving down the highway at over 700 mies per hour....
It's still silly and lacks the sensibility and reasonableness that Metrics gives us.