• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The pancakes are almost ready.

weQQdz.gif

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
The rain began pouring just before I left the nearby grocery store tonight. Rain is something that I love and it felt good showering on me. The smell is great as is the sound. Anyway, when I entered the villa, I noticed that some of the lights did not come on. As I made it up to the last step on the stairs in the dark, I slipped and fell onto my floor. That was the first time that I ever fell in the building. I’m okay though.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The rain began pouring just before I left the nearby grocery store tonight. Rain is something that I love and it felt good showering on me. The smell is great as is the sound. Anyway, when I entered the villa, I noticed that some of the lights did not come on. As I made it up to the last step on the stairs in the dark, I slipped and fell onto my floor. That was the first time that I ever fell in the building. I’m okay though.

Happy that you didn't hurt yourself

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Hopefully it won't be the last time you fall in a building. Hey, I just fell in a building now that I think of it!

Kathryn

"According to some sources, the name Spandau Ballet could point to two possible meanings: one refers to the jerky movements of Nazi war prisoners hanged at Spandau prison as they were hanged, or according to others, it refers to enemy lines getting shot down by a German World War II machine gun MG42 Spandau.'

Read more: The Meaning Of ‘Spandau Ballet’

"The band says they took their name from graffiti on a nightclub wall in Berlin that read: “Rudolf Hess, all alone, dancing the Spandau Ballet”.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Happy that you didn't hurt yourself

Thank you. You’ve just made my night. :)

Hopefully it won't be the last time you fall in a building. Hey, I just fell in a building now that I think of it!

Once or twice, I fell while walking up the stairs at work. What happened tonight was not far from being like a picnic compared to that.

Kathryn

Thank you. You’ve just made my night. :)

Once or twice, I fell while walking up the stairs at work. What happened tonight was not far from being like a picnic compared to that.
Yay! I did the slow fall thing myself. Like I knew I was falling but just sort of slowly fell. Hey, I have to protect my right elbow since it's titanium (a fall that was NOT like a picnic at all!).

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Yay! I did the slow fall thing myself. Like I knew I was falling but just sort of slowly fell. Hey, I have to protect my right elbow since it's titanium (a fall that was NOT like a picnic at all!).

Good move. What I do by instinct is land on my left side. As I fall forward, I turn so that the landing isn’t bad. I told my father about that once and he was pleased. Apparently, I got it from him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
With Lyft and Uber there's options that you have to be ok with pets to get rides where someone may have one, opt into it ans go through "training" to take rides for those who need assistance, so where's my option to not pick up any cops? Scooters are ok, dogs are always welcomed, but someone of a group who's harassed me more than once? Why should I have to help those who give me grief?

Wirey

Fartist
I don't think so.
One of the band members was in a washroom in a bar in Germany, and someone had written on the wall, "Rudolph Hess, all alone dancing the Spandau Ballet". He liked the sound of the name, and used it. Later they discovered that the Spandau Ballet was a slang term given to what the Nazi war criminals who were hung did, as they were hung in Spandau Prison, but it was too late to change.

"....the band switched musical direction to embrace the new electronic music. Friend and writer Robert Elms suggested they change their name to Spandau Ballet, a phrase which he told them he had seen written on a wall on a weekend trip to Berlin: “Rudolf Hess, all alone, dancing the Spandau Ballet”.

It came from a bathroom wall.

Kathryn

I heard it came from a nightclub wall but not a bathroom wall. Oh well, doesn't matter. The origins are weird and creepy to me.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One of the band members was in a washroom in a bar in Germany, and someone had written on the wall, "Rudolph Hess, all alone dancing the Spandau Ballet". He liked the sound of the name, and used it. Later they discovered that the Spandau Ballet was a slang term given to what the Nazi war criminals who were hung did, as they were hung in Spandau Prison, but it was too late to change.

"....the band switched musical direction to embrace the new electronic music. Friend and writer Robert Elms suggested they change their name to Spandau Ballet, a phrase which he told them he had seen written on a wall on a weekend trip to Berlin: “Rudolf Hess, all alone, dancing the Spandau Ballet”.

It came from a bathroom wall.

I guess that's a fitting name for a one-hit wonder.

Although why call it a ballet instead of another kind of dance? What about the Spandau Hokey Pokey?