• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Catching up, what he asks I can almost get. But responding to him in a similar language would take time for me to learn so probably is not the way to go.
You could communicate with him the way you would most ten year olds, you just may need to be prepared to speak loudly and repeat yourself.

Its just the answers he'd give may require a bit of translation.

He's also used to being misheard, and if he thinks this is the problem, he'll start spelling things for you.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1723896369220.png

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You could communicate with him the way you would most ten year olds, you just may need to be prepared to speak loudly and repeat yourself.

Its just the answers he'd give may require a bit of translation.

He's also used to being misheard, and if he thinks this is the problem, he'll start spelling things for you.
Given that we never had kids or much contact with 10-year olds, communicating with them is mysterious.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Given that we never had kids or much contact with 10-year olds, communicating with them is mysterious.
I find communicating with autistic kids to be similar to communicating with adults.

LeeAnder waited until he was nearly 7 to start saying a whole lot, and when the damn broke, it was politics. All politics.

We Never Know

No Slack
I find communicating with autistic kids to be similar to communicating with adults.

LeeAnder waited until he was nearly 7 to start saying a whole lot, and when the damn broke, it was politics. All politics.
My autistic grandson who is over 3 still doesn't talk yet.
I friend of mine said his autistic grandson didn't start talking until he was over 5, and when he started it was whole sentences.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My autistic grandson who is over 3 still doesn't talk yet.
I friend of mine said his autistic grandson didn't start talking until he was over 5, and when he started it was whole sentences.
Ares wasn't ever expected to be verbal, but a month after being sent home from school after pandemic shutdowns, he started talking.

He has apraxia of speech, so it wasn't perfect and its been a long road, but he's doing what they didn't think he would.

He's riding his bike up and down the block mumbling about fuel saver cards right now.