• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The internet kept giving out.

I unplugged the cord and blew in the holes it connects in.

A bug came running out.

Weird reason to have internet troubles.
That's why they call things not working "bugs"

In 1947, engineers working on the Mark II computer at Harvard University found a moth stuck in one of the components. They taped the insect in their logbook and labeled it "first actual case of bug being found." The words "bug" and "debug" soon became a standard part of the language of computer programmers.​

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I struggle to communicate with non-weirdos.

I talk with you guys fine.

You're all a bunch of weirdos.
Normal people are scary. They're supposed to be normal, but they're some of the most dysfunctional people I've met. And they don't know it, unlike wierdos who do know they're wierd.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I still remember the "normal" middle class wankers I worked with as the overworked case manager doint mostly social work. They have unhealthy and destructive obsessions with image. Like one coworker complaining of all the money she spends getting her car detail cleaned. And it's excessive and unnecessary. It's all for her. The kids, parents and foster parents, they don't care as long as the kids aren't getting into a mess.
Amd being that finicky over petty stuff, unfortunately the destruction damages clients as well.
Nasty, spiteful, mean, stupid, racist, not really caring or listening "normal" people.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Dr's appointment today....for the shoulder...not the knee..... or anything else that hurts..... I'm going to deal with this stuff...one pain at a time.....this getting old stuff ain't for the faint of heart

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Normal people are scary. They're supposed to be normal, but they're some of the most dysfunctional people I've met. And they don't know it, unlike wierdos who do know they're wierd.
They just haven't accepted their weird yet.

It has to be painful.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
.this getting old stuff ain't for the faint of heart
Quoting Mae West.

Given my age and the age of many of my friends, I can attest to that being very true. Some, of course, are old before their time because they have bodies that don't cooperate. But old comes for everyone who survives long enough.

Someone I knew who had a musical background referred to getting together with friends as a time for an "organ recital" - talking about bodily organs/bones/muscles/etc that are causing problems.

And I find stories from those who have lived to 100 to be fascinating reading because, of course, I've got a little of the Ponce de Leon in me.

Wu Wei

Quoting Mae West.

Given my age and the age of many of my friends, I can attest to that being very true. Some, of course, are old before their time because they have bodies that don't cooperate. But old comes for everyone who survives long enough.

Someone I knew who had a musical background referred to getting together with friends as a time for an "organ recital" - talking about bodily organs/bones/muscles/etc that are causing problems.

And I find stories from those who have lived to 100 to be fascinating reading because, of course, I've got a little of the Ponce de Leon in me.
To quote myself

“I’m still standing upright and not taking a dirt nap, I’m doing ok”

Wu Wei

My wife's post cataract surgery drop regimen is three drops 4 times a day: one antibiotic, one anti-itch and one cortisone anti-itch and more. Her aim is getting better.
Yup, been there done that. After 4 eye surgeries I’m an eye drop pro

Wu Wei

I agree this thread should be politics free unless of course you all agree with me on political matters.
front-view-of-brown-bear-isolated-on-black-background-portrait-of-kamchatka-bear.jpg

ok...just as long as you agree that I'm always right