• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I just got done with a multi-day wrestling match with ChatGPT to create a Windows powershell script so asked it your word question:

The fear or anxiety someone experiences when others, especially strangers, are nice to them could be related to philanthrophobia or sycophantophobia, although these terms aren't widely used.
  • Philanthrophobia refers to a fear of kindness or love.
  • Sycophantophobia is an aversion to flattery or insincere praise, which could overlap with anxiety about others being nice.
More broadly, this could stem from social anxiety or a form of trust issues, where kindness from others feels unsettling or even threatening.
Interesting. It seems philanthrophobia is so rarely used I only found (in a brief search) one other mention of it and an AI response saying it's not a word.
Philanthrophobia is not a word, but philanthropists can have a fear of wasting resources.
But if ChatGPT used it then it found it somewhere so there has to be other mentions of it.
And my search also brought up a bunch of other stuff that describes me and is summed up basically as"deeply hurt and wounded." Like philophibia. I didn't know that was a word or concept beyond domestic abuse.