• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I suspect they just dealt with some
inattention & bureaucracy.
Hey....it could be worse.
What if Uncle Sam provided the
insurance?
Based on my experience with Medicare, you'd be better off. Big organizations have big bureaucracies so I don't see an essential difference between government and big for profit corporations except the latter has an incentive to be nasty to increase profits.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Based on my experience with Medicare, you'd be better off. Big organizations have big bureaucracies so I don't see an essential difference between government and big for profit corporations except the latter has an incentive to be nasty to increase profits.
You don't see the difference.
I do.
The insurance company competes for my business,
even if imperfectly. But government gets my money
without competition. So it can be nasty just because
it wants too. It suffers no loss in "business'.

The power motive is much more corrupting than the
profit motive. I've dealt with IRS, FBI, DEA, state
government, & city government. So I know.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
romulanshoulderpads.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The way my sister's cigarette smoke is getting inside I should be able to beat the ****, **** and **** out of her and it be considered self defense (especially considering other things).
After this, much like my brother, I ain't talking to her anymore or having anything elss to do with her.

Shadow Wolf

If their were any real sort of cosmic justice then my sister would have died instead of my brother. I didn't deserve that, my mom didn't deserve that, my brother's kids didn't deserve that.
But my sister? No one likes her except her youngest kid amd that's because she lets him do whatever out of guilt. Her other three won't have anything to do with her. My brother wouldn't talk to her. What does my brother and I say when my mom asks what we're thankful for at the Thanksgiving table? The thing we have said more than anything "Lisa's not here."
Pretty much every day since my brother died I have wished she would have died instead.

Shadow Wolf

even if imperfectly.
Health and auto, this just does not seem to be the case. Auto is more interesting in pilfering my bank account for bull**** reasons (like a no fault wreck that I didn't file a claim for repairs because of the fact they punish you for someone elses **** up, and trying to say engine problems were wrecks). Health insurance there isn't even any real competition as most people get medicare/medicaid or whatever their employer offers or nothing at all. And it took legal intervention so they can't cancel and deny people for using it or having preexisting conditions (that was a **** time for me).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Health and auto, this just does not seem to be the case. Auto is more interesting in pilfering my bank account for bull**** reasons (like a no fault wreck that I didn't file a claim for repairs because of the fact they punish you for someone elses **** up, and trying to say engine problems were wrecks).
Perhaps you're not effectively communicating
your issues with them. Or you're really a higher
risk than you know, based upon criteria that
matter to them, & not to you.
Health insurance there isn't even any real competition as most people get medicare/medicaid or whatever their employer offers or nothing at all.
There's competition in Medicare advantage.
Such that Mrs Revolt & I have different dental plans.
And it took legal intervention so they can't cancel and deny people for using it or having preexisting conditions (that was a **** time for me).
There's competition even in a regulated environment.

Shadow Wolf

Perhaps you're not effectively communicating
your issues with them. Or you're really a higher
risk than you know, based upon criteria that
matter to them, & not to you.
I have been communicating. Most insurance companies erroneously list me as having five wrecks, and I haven't had that many in my entire life. The best I could find has three, which is correct, but it's holding the one not my fault against me. No points or claims with it, but my insurance won't go down until it's been three years since that happened.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have been communicating. Most insurance companies erroneously list me as having five wrecks, and I haven't had that many in my entire life. The best I could find has three, which is correct, but it's holding the one not my fault against me. No points or claims with it, but my insurance won't go down until it's been three years since that happened.
Well, there ya go!
3 years til better rates.

3 wrecks is a lot.

Shadow Wolf

Well, there ya go!
3 years til better rates.

3 wrecks is a lot.
One of them isn't my fault. No fault, no points, no claims, nothing I could have done to prevent it (slowing down to a stop for a red light, dummy didn't look before changing lanes and crunched into me). But I'm punished for it. That is bull****.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You don't see the difference.
I do.
even if imperfectly. But government gets my money
without competition. So it can be nasty just because
it wants too. It suffers no loss in "business'.

The power motive is much more corrupting than the
profit motive. I've dealt with IRS, FBI, DEA, state
government, & city government. So I know.
Bears compete for salmon. But once the salmon is caught, it's time to chow down. Insurance companies are like that as well as being an oligopoly. I could post hundreds of incidents where people fought insurance companies for their very lives and sometimes lost. Medicare publishes the rules, Federal Register :: Request Access for example. Find me a for profit insurance company that does the same. I'll give 100 to 1 that they'll say it's proprietary information and won't release that putting someone appealing on a horrible disadvantage. ''

Analysis: Health insurance claim denials are on the rise, to the detriment of patients

If the experience and the insurer’s explanation often seem arbitrary and absurd, that might be because companies appear increasingly likely to employ computer algorithms or people with little relevant experience to issue rapid-fire denials of claims — sometimes bundles at a time — without reviewing the patient’s medical chart. A job title at one company was “denial nurse.”​
It’s a handy way for insurers to keep revenue high — and just the sort of thing that provisions of the Affordable Care Act were meant to prevent. Because the law prohibited insurers from deploying previously profit-protecting measures such as refusing to cover patients with preexisting conditions, the authors worried that insurers would compensate by increasing the number of denials.​
...​
A recent KFF study of ACA plans found that even when patients received care from in-network physicians — doctors and hospitals approved by these same insurers — the companies in 2021 nonetheless denied, on average, 17% of claims. One insurer denied 49% of claims in 2021; another’s turndowns hit an astonishing 80% in 2020.​

(one example):
Dean Peterson of Los Angeles said he was “shocked” when payment was denied for a heart procedure to treat an arrhythmia, which had caused him to faint with a heart rate of 300 beats per minute. After all, he had the insurer’s preapproval for the expensive ($143,206) intervention. More confusing still, the denial letter said the claim had been rejected because he had “asked for coverage for injections into nerves in your spine” (he hadn’t) that were “not medically needed.” Months later, after dozens of calls and a patient advocate’s assistance, the situation is still not resolved.​

Shadow Wolf

One of those wrecks I'm legally at fault for, things were so stacked against me in that intersection both the witness and cop said it would have happened to anyone. Does that matter or count for license points or insurance? Nope.

Shadow Wolf

Bears compete for salmon. But once the salmon is caught, it's time to chow down. Insurance companies are like that as well as being an oligopoly. I could post hundreds of incidents where people fought insurance companies for their very lives and sometimes lost. Medicare publishes the rules, Federal Register :: Request Access for example. Find me a for profit insurance company that does the same. I'll give 100 to 1 that they'll say it's proprietary information and won't release that putting someone appealing on a horrible disadvantage. ''

Analysis: Health insurance claim denials are on the rise, to the detriment of patients

If the experience and the insurer’s explanation often seem arbitrary and absurd, that might be because companies appear increasingly likely to employ computer algorithms or people with little relevant experience to issue rapid-fire denials of claims — sometimes bundles at a time — without reviewing the patient’s medical chart. A job title at one company was “denial nurse.”​
It’s a handy way for insurers to keep revenue high — and just the sort of thing that provisions of the Affordable Care Act were meant to prevent. Because the law prohibited insurers from deploying previously profit-protecting measures such as refusing to cover patients with preexisting conditions, the authors worried that insurers would compensate by increasing the number of denials.​
...​
A recent KFF study of ACA plans found that even when patients received care from in-network physicians — doctors and hospitals approved by these same insurers — the companies in 2021 nonetheless denied, on average, 17% of claims. One insurer denied 49% of claims in 2021; another’s turndowns hit an astonishing 80% in 2020.​

(one example):
Dean Peterson of Los Angeles said he was “shocked” when payment was denied for a heart procedure to treat an arrhythmia, which had caused him to faint with a heart rate of 300 beats per minute. After all, he had the insurer’s preapproval for the expensive ($143,206) intervention. More confusing still, the denial letter said the claim had been rejected because he had “asked for coverage for injections into nerves in your spine” (he hadn’t) that were “not medically needed.” Months later, after dozens of calls and a patient advocate’s assistance, the situation is still not resolved.​
I just had to fight all that because I got sprung with surprise bills up in the thousands.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One of them isn't my fault. No fault, no points, no claims, nothing I could have done to prevent it (slowing down to a stop for a red light, dummy didn't look before changing lanes and crunched into me). But I'm punished for it. That is bull****.
2 wrecks that were your fault?