• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I seem to be RF's resident psychologist judging by all the PM's I receive from people with Mental Health issues...gyah!

I have enough trouble coming to terms with my own, but I guess people just need the reassurance from somebody else who knows/understands what they are going through and at least I can help them out...a bit.

This 'human empathy' thing is a difficult concept for me to grasp, but I do believe I am 'getting there"...

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I wish I could find one way - any way of stopping the following from happening:

1. My daughter bringing all of her dirty plates, dishes, rubbish etc out of her room five freaking minutes after I have just finished washing up and cleaning the kitchen and just dumping it all in the sink and walking away.

Now, this happens at least 3-4 times a week, and I have asked her to clean it up, or bring them to me 10 minutes before bringing them to me...and whenever I ask her if she has any dirty dishes, the answer is 'no' (she hides them all under her bed).

So apart from enforcing a law 'no meals to be taken in bedrooms' what else can I do?

2. People playing with the hot/cold water taps in the kitchen the very second I step into the shower...it's like they do it on purpose and saying 'I am going to have a shower now, if you need to make coffee etc, please do so now, before I go' never works. The only thing I can do, is to remove the tap handles before I shower and replace them when I have finished - or pay for a plumber (ask the owner) to have hot/cold water on different systems.

3. My parents phoning me whenever I am on the lavatory....it seems like they know! They have 'toilet eyes', so, apart from taking my phone into the loo and texting while I squat...or phoning them beforehand saying 'please don't phone me for the next 5 minutes because I will be taking a bog'...what can one do?

Why is it that everybody wants to do exactly the same thing at exactly the same time I want to do it - yet I am always there first (being I was raised 'first in best dressed' and 'the early bird gets the worm'...but I am always pushed out of the way by all the latecomers?

Why does everybody else (it is not me) have so much bloody lousy timing? How do I fix the lousy timing of others, besides waking up at 3-4 am and having a shower and cleaning the kitchen then while everybody else is asleep and wake them all up?
How do I fix the timing of other people (who will not work to a roster or roomate agreement? I have also tried that and got laughed at).

My life sucks...

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
I wish I could find one way - any way of stopping the following from happening:

1. My daughter bringing all of her dirty plates, dishes, rubbish etc out of her room five freaking minutes after I have just finished washing up and cleaning the kitchen and just dumping it all in the sink and walking away.

Now, this happens at least 3-4 times a week, and I have asked her to clean it up, or bring them to me 10 minutes before bringing them to me...and whenever I ask her if she has any dirty dishes, the answer is 'no' (she hides them all under her bed).

So apart from enforcing a law 'no meals to be taken in bedrooms' what else can I do?

2. People playing with the hot/cold water taps in the kitchen the very second I step into the shower...it's like they do it on purpose and saying 'I am going to have a shower now, if you need to make coffee etc, please do so now, before I go' never works. The only thing I can do, is to remove the tap handles before I shower and replace them when I have finished - or pay for a plumber (ask the owner) to have hot/cold water on different systems.

3. My parents phoning me whenever I am on the lavatory....it seems like they know! They have 'toilet eyes', so, apart from taking my phone into the loo and texting while I squat...or phoning them beforehand saying 'please don't phone me for the next 5 minutes because I will be taking a bog'...what can one do?

Why is it that everybody wants to do exactly the same thing at exactly the same time I want to do it - yet I am always there first (being I was raised 'first in best dressed' and 'the early bird gets the worm'...but I am always pushed out of the way by all the latecomers?

Why does everybody else (it is not me) have so much bloody lousy timing? How do I fix the lousy timing of others, besides waking up at 3-4 am and having a shower and cleaning the kitchen then while everybody else is asleep and wake them all up?
How do I fix the timing of other people (who will not work to a roster or roomate agreement? I have also tried that and got laughed at).

My life sucks...

No problem, here is how this is fixed:
1. Daughter will clean up after herself or move out. If she is too young for that, then you will simply not feed her until all dishes are accounted for and cleaned. There is no walking away from chores—or is she actually paying you for wasting your time on that? Then you should charge her according to local prices for services rendered.

2. Parents’ phone calls can go to voice mail and you call back when it’s convenient for you. I assume that they have noticed that you have your own life and are no longer a minor in need of supervision.

3. Hot and cold water: Tell the people concerned to stay away from all faucets until you are done. I am sure they can handle not having running water for the 5-10 minutes it takes you to take a shower. And to reinforce it, be selfish. Run hot/cold water when they are in the shower and ask them how they like this kind of disrespect. It will cure them after a few tries. People can be conditioned just like dogs—they are just a bit slower in the uptake at times.

4. If you don’t want to be pushed around then you need to grow a pair and push back. Stand up for yourself and assert your needs and wants. Or do you think someone else will do it for you?

5. Stop being everything for everyone else. Let people do their own work, clean up after themselves, feed themselves, talk to people when you have time and not when they feel like wasting your time and make time for yourself. If you do not assert yourself, no-one will suddenly wake up and realize you are a person and not just their servant.

6. No more being a doormat. If they laugh at you, then they clearly use you and do not take you seriously because they know that you will pick up the slack. SO STOP!!!

Your life sucks because you think you need to be nice. but what you are really doing is showing them that you can be taken advantage off.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My life sucks...
It could be worse.
I'm lately besieged by stupid lawyers & plaintiffs who want things they're not entitled to.
They're too dumb to know they're wasting their time & money, so they end up wasting mine too.

Lousy humans! We need a device which would allow us to reprogram the brains of those who afflict us.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
No problem, here is how this is fixed:
1. Daughter will clean up after herself or move out. If she is too young for that, then you will simply not feed her until all dishes are accounted for and cleaned. There is no walking away from chores—or is she actually paying you for wasting your time on that? Then you should charge her according to local prices for services rendered.

2. Parents’ phone calls can go to voice mail and you call back when it’s convenient for you. I assume that they have noticed that you have your own life and are no longer a minor in need of supervision.

3. Hot and cold water: Tell the people concerned to stay away from all faucets until you are done. I am sure they can handle not having running water for the 5-10 minutes it takes you to take a shower. And to reinforce it, be selfish. Run hot/cold water when they are in the shower and ask them how they like this kind of disrespect. It will cure them after a few tries. People can be conditioned just like dogs—they are just a bit slower in the uptake at times.

4. If you don’t want to be pushed around then you need to grow a pair and push back. Stand up for yourself and assert your needs and wants. Or do you think someone else will do it for you?

5. Stop being everything for everyone else. Let people do their own work, clean up after themselves, feed themselves, talk to people when you have time and not when they feel like wasting your time and make time for yourself. If you do not assert yourself, no-one will suddenly wake up and realize you are a person and not just their servant.

6. No more being a doormat. If they laugh at you, then they clearly use you and do not take you seriously because they know that you will pick up the slack. SO STOP!!!

Your life sucks because you think you need to be nice. but what you are really doing is showing them that you can be taken advantage off.
Thank you so much for that.

I have just staged a one-person intervention, and we have reached a decision where we are going to destroy all existing cutlery and crockery that is similar, and everybody is going to be assigned one plate, one cup, one bowl, one glass, one set of cutlery etc they will be held personally accountable/responsible for, and until they wash up their own, they will starve.

I have also drawn up a roster of shower/bathroom times (nobody is to use water during that 10 minutes) or else I shall be doing the same to them and see how they like it.

It's not so much the case of me being 'nice' or being 'taken advantage of'. It's more the case where I was raised to have just a little bit of consideration for others, but that is never reciprocated, so it's time I started being selfish and a real b*tch towards other people...it's a matter of survival now.

Thanks for your advice and I shall take it.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I'm attempting to pronounce the Arabic sound A'yn (ع).

I wonder if my neighbours can hear, I sound like a chocking bird, lol.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I'm attempting to pronounce the Arabic sound A'yn (ع).

I wonder if my neighbours can hear, I sound like a chocking bird, lol.

hehehe...

This could take some time :)

I know how difficult is it for Arabs when they use /f/ instead of /v/ or /b/ instead of /p/ :D

But the most difficult Arabic sound I believe is /ض/

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
Thank you so much for that.

I have just staged a one-person intervention, and we have reached a decision where we are going to destroy all existing cutlery and crockery that is similar, and everybody is going to be assigned one plate, one cup, one bowl, one glass, one set of cutlery etc they will be held personally accountable/responsible for, and until they wash up their own, they will starve.

I have also drawn up a roster of shower/bathroom times (nobody is to use water during that 10 minutes) or else I shall be doing the same to them and see how they like it.

It's not so much the case of me being 'nice' or being 'taken advantage of'. It's more the case where I was raised to have just a little bit of consideration for others, but that is never reciprocated, so it's time I started being selfish and a real b*tch towards other people...it's a matter of survival now.

Thanks for your advice and I shall take it.

My inner female dog applauds you.

...now I will have to purge another hairball just for admitting that...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
hehehe...
I know how difficult is it for Arabs when they use /f/ instead of /v/ or /b/ instead of /p/ :D
I learned some Arabic 40 years ago!
(Weird language)
My teacher wanted to keep her mid-east ethnicity secret because she lived in Hollywood.
There was a whole lotta anti-Arab sentiment there.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
hehehe...

Yeah, there are a few sounds are a challenge for me. I'm lucky though to speak 3 languages, I think it helps a bit. My husband only knows English and he's learning some French with some struggle.

I know how to roll "r" and do a few throat sounds because of French and anyone who had a look at Hungarian would know it has some strange sounds. I'm not scared of trying and sounding funny until I get it. I do wonder what people think though. :D

When you know more than one language from a young age it's easier to wrap your head around different concepts and sounds.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
That moment when you apply for a job and discover that an old friend is the one responsible for recruiting people. And that he accept to put you on a test session for your dream job.

I want to jump so hard while screaming like a little girl. But I have to pass a hard test usually aimed at seniors and they accept only technical perfection.
BRING IT ON !

7c6.gif

4consideration

Premium Member
It's that time of year again, Income Tax time!

Time to start cleaning out every closet and drawer in the place in avoidance of sitting down to actually work on getting it together for the CPA, and to make sure I have every applicable receipt and document! Good times. :D

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I am typing on a computer keyboard....hey....everything I type is appearing in this little grey rectangle......I will now click on the "Post Quick Reply" Button