• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Tumah

Veteran Member
I have come to learn that in Israel the Hebrew word for "organic" is more closely translated as, "we don't wash the eggs from chicken droppings and feathers."

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well I'm trying out a low sugar cookie recipe. From the dough and ingredients it could either be great or a disasters. I'm hoping that I haven't wasted a whole bar of chocolate for that. o_O

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Low sugar, I said. In fact it had no sugar at all.

And it was a disaster. I'm so sad I wasted some good chocolate in that horrible mixture.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I wish I could go to one, but as far as I know, there aren't mosques or community centres around me. Plus I don't drive. :eek:

If the pure intention and effort are there, then it is considered done even if failed to actually do it!

This is an Islamic rule that applies to good deeds!

And in case you don't know yet, it is not compulsory for women to perform it. My departed grand mother :(, may God have mercy on her, used to perform it tho.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I made a bad comment yesterday :(

On another web forum someone commented on the staff. I implied that (in a form of question) it is against the rules to question the mods, then as a joke I said "oh wait, democracy, huh?"

Some one said this comment is uncalled for.

:(

Is what I said bad in a way?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wu Wei gets sick too often.
Advice about sickness:
- Avoid mental stress.
- Eat soup.
- Wash hands well & frequently.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It's "eat" if there is anything to chew in it, or if a spoon is used.

It is "drink" if it more like a broth and the vessel is brought to the lips, and sipped without the use of a spoon.

As a general rule, or for soup in this context?

If the soup is light, has no chunks and sipped directly from the bowl, can we say drink soup?

In my Arabic dialect, the Arabic word for soup is used with drink!

4consideration

Premium Member
As a general rule, or for soup in this context?

If the soup is light, has no chunks and sipped directly from the bowl, can we say drink soup?

In my Arabic dialect, the Arabic word for soup is used with drink!

I use it as a general rule.

I usually say eat soup.

But, if it is a type of soup that is considered acceptable to drink directly from the container (like miso soup, even though it usually has some few chunks) the word used is more often related to how it is consumed -- to drink (sipping from the container) or to eat (using a utensil.)

That's just my understanding. Others may use the words differently.