• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Even though I can go on line at work, it's slow.
I am very impatient. Cardero said he has no
problems going on line by hooking to a phone line.
I do. Can't take this. MUST GO HOME & GO ON LINE!!!

I think the universe doesn't want me to enjoy myself this week . . . :(

Disregard the universe party hard, laugh loudly with scorn and contempt, shake your fists angrily at the sky and anyone who tries to oppose you, if they try to lock you up fight them with every ounce of strength you possess, with every breath in your body, with every dirty low punch you can swing, until you can't fight, untill you can't stand up, can't see. Then sleep it off and start again.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Today we go to Albany to see PopPop, cardero's dad. It's father's day and we are going to spend the day with him. We are going to go to our regular place to eat. IHOP :drool:.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
We went to my mom's parents' house today/yesterday(saturday) Because of fathers day. I don't know what to do about actual fathers day. My mom wants me to put something at the cemetary, but I don't know what it would be. And I don't think it matters at all. If I do put something out there, it's not like he'll even know. I would not actually be giving him anything, because he won't even see it or know that it's there. I don't feel guilty about not putting anything at his grave, because I don't think it makes a difference, but I think my mom will think I'm being mean if I don't. And I don't know what I could put out there that isn't already there. I don't want to pick some stupid ugly thing just to say I put something there. His tombstone and the surrounding area already looks as good as I think is possible. You should see it. It's the prettiest tomb stone I've ever seen. And my mom bought really pretty fake flowers and cattails for the vases on both sides of it. She tries to keep it looking like a man's grave instead of like an old lady's. She doesn't want a bunch of pink flowers and stuff all over it, because she knows he wouldn't have liked that.

So I feel pretty bummed about this anyway. I've always dreaded father's day.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am beginning to believe that I am now wasting my time here at the RF. I originally joined 3 years ago so I could learn about faiths that I didn't know about and share mine with others. Lately, it has turned into the "you have a delusion" board. There are more threads about how religions and faiths being evil than any learning at all.
I am hoping it is just a faze and I can go back to learning, having harmless debates, socializing, and not having to keep repeating myself. If this lasts, however, I may have to take a break from the board. I really don't want to do that because I have so many people here that I really enjoy debating with and having fun with.
Thanks to anyone who read my rant.

I am beginning to believe that I am now wasting my time here at the RF. I originally joined 3 years ago so I could learn about faiths that I didn't know about and share mine with others. Lately, it has turned into the "you have a delusion" board. There are more threads about how religions and faiths being evil than any learning at all.
I am hoping it is just a faze and I can go back to learning, having harmless debates, socializing, and not having to keep repeating myself. If this lasts, however, I may have to take a break from the board. I really don't want to do that because I have so many people here that I really enjoy debating with and having fun with.

I am new here so I don't know if this is a common occurence, it seems to be happening alot, at least 3 times in the last week, I hope this doesn't come accross as impertinent I did hesitate a full minute before posting.:)

I get how upsetting it is when some random mannerless person makes a personal attack because they don't know how to behave, but my experience so far has been that most people here do behave very civily and respectfully and it would be a shame to deprive them of your presence, I have prejudices like all people and need people to confound them to keep me on my toes, I am sure I am not the only one.

rojse

RF Addict

It's just another phase, Christine. The idea has siezed upon the collective conscious of many of those whom post on RF. Right now, three different threads about whether evolution is true or not are happening, too.

Perhaps we need to create a new meme to occupy the minds of various RF posters.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Who told you that you were hated around here? Who has the authority to speak for everyone on the forum? I don't hate you.

Thank you whereismynotecard :) I think it was the sarcastic comment about how much they were glad I was back on here that gave the indication. I'm sure this poster was fruballed for it. :D Oh well, hate makes the world go round.

Status
Not open for further replies.