• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojse

RF Addict
Don't tell me, right a letter to hollywood.... they should see where you are coming from:help::help:

as stated before you didn't watch the movie through, therefore you don't reserve the right to comment.

I don't see why I should write a letter to Hollywood. This is an industry that thinks that CGI can replace good writing, that has replaced quality and thoughtful films with explosions and sex scenes. I'll leave Hollywood to wallow in it's shallow celebrity-worship.

And it was not the fact that it was a dumb movie with lots of explosions that annoyed me. I could accept that; I had anticipated as much. What annoyed me was the lack of characterisation in the movie, the gaping plot coincidences, the hokey plot, and the cliched plot lines and dialog that ran through the film.

Your comment that I cannot comment on the movie because I have not watched it has been discussed elsewhere and discussed far more eloquently. The failure of the movie to engage me on any sort of level is a legitimate reaction to the movie, just as your supposed enjoyment of the film. I deserve to discuss the reasons why the movie failed to interest me in any way.

The only reason I watched the movie is because a friend suggested it. I like him a lot, but he has absolutely no taste in movies whatsoever. Previous movies he has recommended include "The Core", "Space Chimps", "The Longest Yard" (starring Adam Sandler) and "Independence Day". You can tell from this selection that the fellow has little taste at all.

I think my friend has a hidden vindictive streak when it comes to movie recommendations.

I don't see why I should write a letter to Hollywood. This is an industry that thinks that CGI can replace good writing, that has replaced quality and thoughtful films with explosions and sex scenes. I'll leave Hollywood to wallow in it's shallow celebrity-worship.

And it was not the fact that it was a dumb movie with lots of explosions that annoyed me. I could accept that; I had anticipated as much. What annoyed me was the lack of characterisation in the movie, the gaping plot coincidences, the hokey plot, and the cliched plot lines and dialog that ran through the film.

Your comment that I cannot comment on the movie because I have not watched it has been discussed elsewhere and discussed far more eloquently. The failure of the movie to engage me on any sort of level is a legitimate reaction to the movie, just as your supposed enjoyment of the film. I deserve to discuss the reasons why the movie failed to interest me in any way.

The only reason I watched the movie is because a friend suggested it. I like him a lot, but he has absolutely no taste in movies whatsoever. Previous movies he has recommended include "The Core", "Space Chimps", "The Longest Yard" (starring Adam Sandler) and "Independence Day". You can tell from this selection that the fellow has little taste at all.

I think my friend has a hidden vindictive streak when it comes to movie recommendations.

all i can say is your friend should go down in the legendary book for being so legendary. Honestly, he is such a legend, and i dont even know him, u should learn to apprecial this person more for his legendary ness.

tell your friend that he is a legend more often.

oh yhea almost forgot....... reinterating the fact u didn't watch this movie the way through, u dont reserve the right to coment. pffft.... even a movie critic watches a movie all the way through before he opens his mouth.

rojse

RF Addict
all i can say is your friend should go down in the legendary book for being so legendary. Honestly, he is such a legend, and i dont even know him, u should learn to apprecial this person more for his legendary ness.

tell your friend that he is a legend more often.

I don't see what my friend has done to become a legend. He enjoys bad movies, much like many other young adults do today. In fact, his opinions of movies he supports sounds exactly like everyone else's opinions - there is not a single ounce of individualism here.

They're not even interestingly bad movies, like, say, "Barbarella" or "The Dark Knight".;)

rojse

RF Addict
It's a recent alteration. I've only been a man since yesterday afternoon. Well, monday afternoon my time. :D

I wonder if Baggins is a suitable dog for a young man to have.

I would think that a boy would have something more... ferocious. Or energetic. Or at the very least, larger than a baby kitten.

I don't see what my friend has done to become a legend. He enjoys bad movies, much like many other young adults do today. In fact, his opinions of movies he supports sounds exactly like everyone else's opinions - there is not a single ounce of individualism here.

They're not even interestingly bad movies, like, say, "Barbarella" or "The Dark Knight".;)

who is to say this LEGEND "who is so legendary" doesent like those movies.

a bad movie in my book would have to all the ****ty errr.... im mean Monty python movies. they are so crap.

dont you agree???????:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
He could lick his enemies to death.

When all is said and done, a dog that can't even reach your knee is not really a scary dog.

He can jump pretty high.
He has caused me multiple injuries as well, and that wasn't even on purpose.
Imagine what he could do if he tried... I'm glad I'm on his good side...

Status
Not open for further replies.