• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I saw a hawk and two Vervet monkeys on the way home, if I am not mistaken. They were in tiny cages being offered for sale.

The new craze over here at the moment are mere cats, but they sell them in little cages - They are not animals that should ever be caged, I don't know how people are allowed to sell them like that.

not that i am in favor of hunting but the truth is animals do not need gun to hunt you down. if you are eatable, they would eat you

A deer, rabbit etc won't eat you!

Of course lions etc would, but what other option do they have? They can't go shopping and cook things - whereas people can.

croak

Trickster
The new craze over here at the moment are mere cats, but they sell them in little cages - They are not animals that should ever be caged, I don't know how people are allowed to sell them like that.
Yup, we have the average cat, dog, and bird in tiny cages. You might find a litter of puppies in a cage too small for a human to sit in. Shame, really. In tiny, filthy cages being fed scraps and never let out, unless someone wants to see them.

.lava

Veteran Member
A deer, rabbit etc won't eat you!

Of course lions etc would, but what other option do they have? They can't go shopping and cook things - whereas people can.

yes, i know. but rabbits do not eat meat anyway. any other creature who feeds on flesh would eat human too. i think it is just a fact

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Yup, we have the average cat, dog, and bird in tiny cages. You might find a litter of puppies in a cage too small for a human to sit in. Shame, really. In tiny, filthy cages being fed scraps and never let out, unless someone wants to see them.

Yeah, that really annoys me. I don't mind people having pets, I love them - but people need to make sure they are being looked after correctly.

yes, i know. but rabbits do not eat meat anyway. any other creature who feeds on flesh would eat human too. i think it is just a fact

Yes, they would - because like I said - they have no other option. They can't cook alternatives can they? Humans can, but a humans wants overtake anything else.

.lava

Veteran Member
Yes, they would - because like I said - they have no other option. They can't cook alternatives can they? Humans can, but a humans wants overtake anything else.

yes no doubt human is weird creature. but you lost me here. i don't get it. what does cooking has to do with animal cruelty? are you completely against eating meat?

croak

Trickster
Apparently some kinds of oaks are 'evergreens'. Also, their leaves and acorns are poisonous to livestock — but not pigs. Interesting.

Apparently some kinds of oaks are 'evergreens'. Also, their leaves and acorns are poisonous to livestock — but not pigs. Interesting.

Horses can become addicted to Oak which is toxic to them, once they have a taste for the leaves they will seek them out. Cattle prefer to eat the acorns.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
yes no doubt human is weird creature. but you lost me here. i don't get it. what does cooking has to do with animal cruelty? are you completely against eating meat?

Yeah, I don't eat meat.

I don't believe that people need meat, I know that people won't stop eating it, but it isn't necessary to survive.

.lava

Veteran Member
Yeah, I don't eat meat.

I don't believe that people need meat, I know that people won't stop eating it, but it isn't necessary to survive.

IMO you might be right. so far my experiences in life has showed me very clearly that i should not generalize though. that's why i could not say it is not necessary to eat meat

Renji

beware! we could be arrested for international human trade. i am answering: depends :D tell me more

Can't you 'buy' any on the black market? Or have you tried searching on Ebay?:D

Hmmp, perhaps someone who's hair is like mine when it's cut.:D

.lava

Veteran Member
Can't you 'buy' any on the black market? Or have you tried searching on Ebay?:D

Hmmp, perhaps someone who's hair is like mine when it's cut.:D

and i am supposed to buy the gift you'd send me huh? oh dear....what has this world become?!

Status
Not open for further replies.