• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Political post thread

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
US elections reflect some of the voters:

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for September 07, 2024

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You know where this comes from. Change of names just popped into my brain and demanded to be posted here:

Minion: What do you want me to do, sir?
Trump: I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the country. Take this down.
[Minion looks for a pen and paper while Trump talks]
Trump: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Christian Nationalists.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Elton John seems to love Donald Trump’s sense of humor!

During an interview at the Toronto Film Festival, the "I'm Still Standing" singer, 77, admitted he was a fan of the former president's nickname for Kim Jong Un, which was based on his song "Rocket Man."

It didn't say whether Elton John liked Trump's politics or not, but he did like the nickname.

When asked about Trump naming the North Korean leader "Little Rocket Man,” the musician gushed, "I laughed, I thought that was brilliant."

"I just thought, ‘Good on you, Donald.’ … Donald’s always been a fan of mine, and he’s been to my concerts many, many times. So, I mean, I’ve always been friendly toward him, and I thank him for his support. When he did that, I just thought it was hilarious. It made me laugh,” the star added.

As OK! previously reported, John’s remarks at the festival came shortly after he revealed he’s been facing a serious health battle.

“Over the summer, I’ve been dealing with a severe eye infection that has unfortunately left me with only limited vision in one eye,” he penned via Instagram on Tuesday, September 3. "I am healing, but it’s an extremely slow process and it will take some time before sight returns to the impacted eye."

I think it's gonna be a long, long time.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Right-wingers seemed to have conflated a report from Canton, Ohio, of a woman who was arrested for allegedly killing and eating a cat, with complaints from residents in Springfield, more than 170 miles away from Canton. The woman is a U.S. citizen, and there is no indication she is a Haitian immigrant.

Meanwhile, police in Springfield say they have received no reports of pets being stolen and eaten, according to the Springfield News-Sun. The newspaper says that the rumor began from a local Facebook group, where a poster claimed that her neighbor’s daughter’s friend lost her pet cat and found it hanging from a tree branch at a Haitian neighbor’s home to be carved and eaten.

The post cited, with no evidence, that “rangers” and police said that “they have been doing it” at a local park with ducks and geese, according to the newspaper. But these reports do not appear to have reached the right, who are not only spreading the rumor, but using it to promote anti-immigrant policies and make racist attacks.

This political campaign has got to be one of the weirdest on record.

1725932068022.png