• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ressurrection of you!

Heneni

Miss Independent
My understand is that everyone who has died will be resurrected, faithful and faithless. It then says that they (we) are judged by what we have done (note that it says what you have done, not what you have not done.).

I agree, but what about this...what would the wicked do with a ressurrected body?

And since dead wicked people are not really dead, (their spirits are not dead), why do they need to be resurrected unless it would be to get resurrected bodies?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I agree, but what about this...what would the wicked do with a ressurrected body?

And since dead wicked people are not really dead, (their spirits are not dead), why do they need to be resurrected unless it would be to get resurrected bodies?

I honestly don't know. God alone knows that one. :cool:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Perhaps if we just poke around in the dark here for a little while longer we might just find the light.

Seek and you shall find....;)

It is a disconcerting thought to be trapped in a body you can not get out of, since it wont die. When the wicked get a ressurrected body they too wont be able to die.

The resurrected bodies they get will be corruptable, it will be able to decay, but since there is nowhere for the spirit to go once it is dead, the spirit will stay in the dead body. Walking around like a zombie perhaps. Dead, but walking. Trapped on this earth, with nowhere else to go, it is subject to the elements here, it is subject to the brutality of the other spirits with bodies here on earth.

I think that if that happens, people will want to die (and give up the ghost) but they wont be able to.

The wicked will be raised to corrupt bodies and the faithful will be raised to incorruptible bodies.
There are two resurrections, one to life and one to judgment.
The first resurrection will be ones who have passed judgment already, in Christ.
The ones who have rejected their savior will have to stand in judgment on their own behalf, which, of course does not work out well because we all have sinned.

Heneni

Miss Independent
The wicked will be raised to corrupt bodies and the faithful will be raised to incorruptible bodies.
There are two resurrections, one to life and one to judgment.
The first resurrection will be ones who have passed judgment already, in Christ.
The ones who have rejected their savior will have to stand in judgment on their own behalf, which, of course does not work out well because we all have sinned.

Hi there! Like your name.

What would the wicked be doing with resurrected bodies?

That just popped in my head when I registered today. I got into a bad disagreement, yesterday now, over the nature of Christ, and that must have crept up to my consciousness because of those thought processes.
Anyway, back to the topic, I already started thinking about that, anticipating that question.
My main objection to your post has more to do with the nature of death than the whole body thing. I do not think there is a spirit that is our personality, that survives death of the body. There may or may not be a collective soul that encompasses all the lost spirits but you loose your individuality, in the process.
As for material bodies, a lot of the Bible is symbolic, especially the Book of Revelation. So, as much of a body that John had (to be able to do things like make bodily movements and take different postures) while "in the spirit", the resurrected beings will have.

Heneni

Miss Independent
That just popped in my head when I registered today. I got into a bad disagreement, yesterday now, over the nature of Christ, and that must have crept up to my consciousness because of those thought processes.
Anyway, back to the topic, I already started thinking about that, anticipating that question.
My main objection to your post has more to do with the nature of death than the whole body thing. I do not think there is a spirit that is our personality, that survives death of the body. There may or may not be a collective soul that encompasses all the lost spirits but you loose your individuality, in the process.
As for material bodies, a lot of the Bible is symbolic, especially the Book of Revelation. So, as much of a body that John had (to be able to do things like make bodily movements and take different postures) while "in the spirit", the resurrected beings will have.

Ahhh...ok...:confused: I dont agree that i'll loose my individuality. That right there took the mystery of the kingdom and turned it into a nightmare. LOL. God knows me individually. But thats entirely a different topic for a different thread. I'm really interested in what the bible talks about as the 'resurrection of the righteous and the wicked'.

No spirit is dead anyway, so the resurrection must mean getting a body. But what will the wicked be doing with theirs?

Anyway thank you for your contribution.

Ahhh...ok...:confused: I dont agree that i'll loose my individuality. That right there took the mystery of the kingdom and turned it into a nightmare. LOL. God knows me individually. But thats entirely a different topic for a different thread. I'm really interested in what the bible talks about as the 'resurrection of the righteous and the wicked'.
No spirit is dead anyway, so the resurrection must mean getting a body. But what will the wicked be doing with theirs?
Anyway thank you for your contribution.
You may have misunderstood me. I was talking about what happens while you are dead. The spirit lives but without a substance to be incorporated with, as in a body, it reverts to a different state of existence than what it had while you were alive.
All this stuff is up to debate but we do not have the same thoughts as we do when we have a brain and nervous system.

Ben Masada

You may have misunderstood me. I was talking about what happens while you are dead. The spirit lives but without a substance to be incorporated with, as in a body, it reverts to a different state of existence than what it had while you were alive.
All this stuff is up to debate but we do not have the same thoughts as we do when we have a brain and nervous system.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The spirit has no independent life whatsoever outside the body. Spirit here is synonymous with breath of life which goes back to God at death, as the body goes
to the dust. Here's what the whole thing is about: The living man is composed of body and spirit which is the breath of life. And this combination is called soul. Once
the spirit leaves the body, the soul is undone. Therefore, the soul is conditional to the togetherness of the other two elements: Body and spirit.

Ben :clap

Heneni

Miss Independent

The spirit has no independent life whatsoever outside the body. Spirit here is synonymous with breath of life which goes back to God at death, as the body goes
to the dust. Here's what the whole thing is about: The living man is composed of body and spirit which is the breath of life. And this combination is called soul. Once
the spirit leaves the body, the soul is undone. Therefore, the soul is conditional to the togetherness of the other two elements: Body and spirit.

Ben :clap

I was just wondering ben...what do you mean by the clapping of hands? Are you applauding yourself?

The soul is the mind. Which does not come undone when the body dies, else the spirit would be something that cant think. The soul leaves with the spirit. The mind leaves with the spirit. But you still havent answered the pressing question...what will the wicked be doing with resurrected bodies?

Funny that you would put it in these terms, no....life. The spirit is life. I guess you are not saying the spirit dies, but your point centers on the question of its independence. That is what I was trying to get at, that the spirit becomes part of a collective, after the death of the body. In a way God owns the spirit and he takes back the management of the individual's spirit, upon his death. That does not mean necessarily that it returns to God, as if it was a hunk of spirit pulled off the big piece, and then later re-attached.

Heneni

Miss Independent
that the spirit becomes part of a collective, after the death of the body.

Im not sure I know what you mean by collective. Would you mind explaining it a bit more fully. If the spirit becomes part of this collective, then where does that leave the resurrection theory?

Ben Masada

Funny that you would put it in these terms, no....life. The spirit is life. I guess you are not saying the spirit dies, but your point centers on the question of its independence. That is what I was trying to get at, that the spirit becomes part of a collective, after the death of the body. In a way God owns the spirit and he takes back the management of the individual's spirit, upon his death. That does not mean necessarily that it returns to God, as if it was a hunk of spirit pulled off the big piece, and then later re-attached.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I said "breath of life." I am not talking metaphorically about what "spirit" can mean.
Of course, spirit can mean a lot of things. But here I was talking about the breath of life.

Ben:ignore:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I said "breath of life." I am not talking metaphorically about what "spirit" can mean.
Of course, spirit can mean a lot of things. But here I was talking about the breath of life.
I think they are the same thing, meaning there is one word in the original language that is translated as breath or wind or spirit.

AK4

The wicked will be resurrected with physical bodies...

Ezk 37:5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. 9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.'" 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army.

to go through the lake of fire/second death. God is the lake of fire...

Heb 12:29 - for our "God is a consuming fire."

the second death is the death of the carnal mind being burned out of them when God will sit as a refiner purifying them(changing minds not to be on the flesh, but to be on the Spirit) and yet they all will be saved

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Rom 8:5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming ? and who shall stand when he appeareth ? for he is like a refiner'sfire, and like fullers ' soap:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness[/FONT]

1Co 3:15 If any man'swork shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yetsoasbyfire.

and they will come out after they have learned rightouesness.

Isa 26:9 - My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.

Hope this helps

Heneni

Miss Independent
The wicked will be resurrected with physical bodies...

Ezk 37:5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. 9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.'" 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army.

to go through the lake of fire/second death. God is the lake of fire...

Heb 12:29 - for our "God is a consuming fire."

the second death is the death of the carnal mind being burned out of them when God will sit as a refiner purifying them(changing minds not to be on the flesh, but to be on the Spirit) and yet they all will be saved

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Rom 8:5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming ? and who shall stand when he appeareth ? for he is like a refiner'sfire, and like fullers ' soap:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness[/FONT]

1Co 3:15 If any man'swork shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yetsoasbyfire.

and they will come out after they have learned rightouesness.

Isa 26:9 - My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.

Hope this helps

Hi there! Thanks for the response.

Oh dear, where do I start. Ok first of all, the first scripture I dont think is talking about the wicked. But I can see how that would be the way that any of us get a ressurected body.

Then....if the wicked is raised for the second death...then why do they live? I mean, why does the bible call it a second death, if it is nothing like death. From your post I gather that you believe that when the wicked has gone throught the fire, they will be pure when they come out the other end...but then...why call it the second death?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Luke 12:49"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

The refining is happening right now...the fire is here on this earth.

Ben Masada

I think they are the same thing, meaning there is one word in the original language that is translated as breath or wind or spirit.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, that's what it is. And when the Bible says that the spirit goes back to God who gave it, this is a simile, a metaphor. The spirit or breath of life just joins in with the wind. And that's the end.

Ben :sleep:

Heneni

Miss Independent
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, that's what it is. And when the Bible says that the spirit goes back to God who gave it, this is a simile, a metaphor. The spirit or breath of life just joins in with the wind. And that's the end.

Ben :sleep:

You mean they join the wind and become the cloud of witnesses.