• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

Jimmy

Veteran Member
This question is for non-believers of the Christian faith. All Christians believe that Christ will return. When you hear them say this what do you think it really means?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This question is for non-believers of the Christian faith. All Christians believe that Christ will return. When you hear them say this what do you think it really means?
I think it's true. The reason is both Quran and hadiths say the same thing. As well, I believe the Gospels are over all sublime and the word of God.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I'm a believer of Jesus, but not the Paulinian side of Christianity so I don't believe in the rapture, Armageddon, and all that. I believe "Jesus" or the eternal soul we know by that name "may" return when all other souls have reached sanctification in this worldly life as he did. He was the first, IMB, to break the cycle of reincarnation and the progression of soul perfection. I also feel it could have been that he did not realize he would endure to the end, so his return may have been in reference to his next incarnation. But although he cried "why have you forsaken me?" he did not lose his faith, and became "the firstborn of the dead."

Tomef

Bit late, eh? Typically when it gets to around the 2,000 year mark after someone says listen, I’ll be back with like loads of angels before some of you die (or ‘just going to the shop’), then it might be time to wonder if he got lost somewhere. So, in general I think Christians are a bit too optimistic.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Bit late, eh? Typically when it gets to around the 2,000 year mark after someone says listen, I’ll be back with like loads of angels before some of you die (or ‘just going to the shop’), then it might be time to wonder if he got lost somewhere. So, in general I think Christians are a bit optimistic.
Maybe he got lost at Quickie Mart

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think every group of guides have at least one who survives from them.

From the successors of Adam (a), you have Idris (Enoch) (a). From Ahlulbayt (a) of Musa (a) and Haroun (a), you have Elyas (Elijah) (a) and Isa (a) that survive.

There is a concept of "Baqeen" "(those who remain) in Surah Saffat. All such are offspring of Nuh (a) while Bani-Israel for example is said to be from offspring of people carried with Nuh (a).

Khidr (a) is also alive and most likely he was from Ahlulbayt (a) of Ibrahim (a).

I believe the 313 momineen with Imam Mahdi (a) are all chosen guides of the past including Isa (a) (Jesus). They are all security givers.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, when I say "all such" the one exception is Idris (a) but generalizations are allowed in language.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What it means to Christians is that Jesus in will come down in the physical clouds with the same body He had when He ascended into the clouds, but Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

That means that the 'return of Christ' has to be another Person.
As a Baha'i, I believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ that was promised to the Christians in the New Testament and the messiah that was promised to the Jews in the Old Testament..

Jimmy

Veteran Member
What it means to Christians is that Jesus in will come down in the physical clouds with the same body He had when He ascended into the clouds, but Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

That means that the 'return of Christ' has to be another Person.
As a Baha'i, I believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ that was promised to the Christians in the New Testament and the messiah that was promised to the Jews in the Old Testament..
Jesus spoke of his second coming several times in the Bible.

rocala

To be honest, I usually think how unimaginative and grasping these sad cases are.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Perhaps not much more than the thought of the commonalities of various faiths.
So these commonalities is that Divine figures will return. Now that we've established other religions believe this as well I'll go back to my original question. when you hear people talk of divine figures returning what do you think it really means?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
So these commonalities is that Divine figures will return. Now that we've established other religions believe this as well I'll go back to my original question. when you hear people talk of divine figures returning what do you think it really means?
That's not quite the same question, but I'll answer it anyways.

There could be a chance a divine figure will return. There's also a chance it'll signal in a change of an era.

I doubt any of it will be as literal as any religion claims; I assume its symbolic.