• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
3) Those alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time won't need a resurrection because they can remain alive on Earth - Matt. 25:31-34,37
None of those verses that you cited say that those alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time won't need a resurrection because they can remain alive on Earth. That is only a JW doctrine, since it has absolutely no basis in the Bible.

Matthew 25

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
None of those verses that you cited say that those alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time won't need a resurrection because they can remain alive on Earth. That is only a JW doctrine, since it has absolutely no basis in the Bible.
Matthew 25
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Last time I looked around I noticed earth's nations were on Earth
Coming 'healing' is for: Earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2

When the did sheep and goats say when the answer is in verse 40 - Matthew 25:40
How people respond to Jesus' spiritual brothers alive on Earth at Jesus' coming Glory Time can determine whether one is a sheep or not

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, most people believe they are immortal and will be conscious at death to live on into the next world
Jesus, on the other hand, taught Not passing on from this world to another world but being dead asleep - John 6:40,44
No returning to life at death, but 'sleep' in death ( Ecclesiastes 9:5; Isaiah 38:18; Psalm 115:17 besides John 11:11-14 )
Dead people sleep, or as Acts 24:15 uses the 'future tense' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.......... ( for the just & unjust KJV )
Jesus taught about a coming future resurrection day for the dead, Jesus did Not teach being alive at death ( No afterliving on the day you die )
There would be No need for a resurrection for the dead if the dead are Not dead.
No, Jesus did not teach any of that. That is only what you have interpreted the Bible to mean.

Christians teach about a coming future resurrection day for the dead, Jesus did Not teach that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Last time I looked around I noticed earth's nations were on Earth
Coming 'healing' is for: Earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2

When the did sheep and goats say when the answer is in verse 40 - Matthew 25:40
How people respond to Jesus' spiritual brothers alive on Earth at Jesus' coming Glory Time can determine whether one is a sheep or not
You are off topic. That is not what we were discussing.

None of those verses that you cited say that those alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time won't need a resurrection because they can remain alive on Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, Jesus did not teach any of that. That is only what you have interpreted the Bible to mean.
Christians teach about a coming future resurrection day for the dead, Jesus did Not teach that.
Last time I read John 6:39-40,44 resurrection is future on the Last Day - Jesus' Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth for 1000 years
Luke who wrote the gospel account in the Bible book of Luke also wrote the Bible book of Acts
Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense' that there 'is going to be' a resurrection............

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.............................None of those verses that you cited say that those alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time won't need a resurrection because they can remain alive on Earth.
Since 'enemy death' STOPS when Jesus governs over Earth for 1000 years then the 'sheep' will Not die - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
Please notice where death finally ends up: According to Revelation 20:14 death ends up in ' second death ' for enemy death
Death dies out of existence. No one dies in Heaven, the death problem exists on Earth
We ask God that His heavenly will, His purpose, be done right here on Earth as it is done in Heaven
No death in Heaven then will equal No death here on Earth
What will end on Earth is: procreation - Gen. 1:28 - once Earth is full/populated, Not over full nor over populated procreation will cease

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is no way of knowing the teachings of Jesus.
No way because ________________________

Some people think Albert Einstein was a smart man.
Einstein was enthralled by the luminous figure of Jesus.
When asked if he viewed Jesus as a real person Einstein said, " Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth person is filled with such life. "

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
what you are really saying is you dont like what John 5:28-29 says so you excuse it i favor of what you want to believe
I don't think it's true. And I don't want it to be true. But unlike Baha'is I do believe that is exactly what the verses are claiming... that people will come back to life.

Baha'is take so many verses symbolically to get around the obvious literal meaning. Why interpret them at all? Isn't it clear what he is saying?

For Baha'is I think it is clear also, but because they believe that it is not possible for the dead to come back to life, there must be some other meaning... some other interpretation. Their prophets act if it's being so clever to tell their followers that it is a "spiritual" death, or a "spiritual" resurrection.

They even do that about Jesus and Lazarus. Lazarus was "spiritually" dead, and Jesus made him "spiritually" alive. And Jesus' resurrection was not a physical resurrection but a "spiritual" resurrection. His spirit rose and ascended to heaven. But that's not what it says in the gospels.

For a person to believe the Baha'i version of Jesus and Christianity, they have to rework the whole story. Sin wasn't inherited from Adam. Since their religion is based on laws, the "works" of the law can "save" a person. But save them from what? Baha'i don't believe in a literal hell nor a literal Satan. So hell is symbolic for being far from God in the next spiritual world after a person dies. A good person in any religion that does good deeds and obey God's laws, whatever those might be in that religion, gets to be closer to God.

Anyway, I hope that helps you understand where Baha'is are coming from. And to see why the Baha'i Faith a really good alternative for some people.

cataway

Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

regardless of what people of different religions and denotations think God does not ''have'' to accept what they do just because people feel they have good intentions toward God