• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Then that statement was untrue as well I guess. Wrong beliefs carried or expounded on long enough eventually and irrevocably produce these types of self destructive contradictions. Being right is much less trouble than disentangling your self from these logical train wrecks constantly.

Believing to be true isn't the same as actually being true. I've seen no evidence of your version of religion to be true for me. Only logical fallacies, one after the other, and displaying inability to read/listen to others. :ignore:

I find it quite arrogant to think that way. When it comes to religion/spirituality, we all have our own version of it and our own experience. Hence why my truth isn't yours.

And personally, I find it a lot more "self destructive" to not ever consider the fact that you could be wrong and "train wreaks" to consider things like bigotry and murder to be justifiable under their religion.

AmbiguousGuy

The statement that there is no truth is a self contradictory statement or at least one that has inherent contradictions behind it.

You're mistaken.

It is kind of a joke among philosophers and goes back to the famous paradox of Epimenides' "all Cretans are liars".

Bring your philosophers here. I will instruct them in the nature of contradiction.

There is no contraction in Illykitty's statement.

AmbiguousGuy

:facepalm:

Actually, this is sort of a groundbreaking day; for the very first time in his painful RF existence, 1robin actually said something that was accurate. I think Hell must've frozen over.

Actually, 1robin said something inaccurate. It reminded me of, "If there are no facts, then it is a fact that there are no facts."

Contradictions exist in minds, not in words.

Enai de a lukal

Actually, 1robin said something inaccurate. It reminded me of, "If there are no facts, then it is a fact that there are no facts."

Contradictions exist in minds, not in words.

Lol, riiiiiight. :sarcastic

Of course, if there are no facts, then it cannot be a fact that there are no facts... In other words, then there are facts. Oopsies. Back to the drawing board with you.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Believing to be true isn't the same as actually being true. I've seen no evidence of your version of religion to be true for me. Only logical fallacies, one after the other, and displaying inability to read/listen to others. :ignore:
I agree and that was kind of my point. As to evidence.

1. The bible contains 25,000 historical corroborations.
2. It contains no known historical error outside of less than 5% scribal error and those are all known.
3. It has been said by histories greatest experts in testimony and evidence (Greenleaf and Lyndhurst) to pass every test modern law can throw at it.
4. It contains 2000 prophecies that have came to pass in every detail including 350 about one person.

That is only a tiny fraction of the evidence that was so convincing it converted empires, many of histories greatest scholars in every subject, and billions of people who began life resistant to it. I can't get a lack of evidence from that.

I find it quite arrogant to think that way. When it comes to religion/spirituality, we all have our own version of it and our own experience. Hence why my truth isn't yours.
Every true Christian on earth has actual experiential proof of Christ's existence. What is arrogant about telling others of that proof or the mountains of evidence for God? Do not assume because you have uncertainty everyone does.

And personally, I find it a lot more "self destructive" to not ever consider the fact that you could be wrong and "train wreaks" to consider things like bigotry and murder to be justifiable under their religion.
No group of people on Earth in my experience are as critical as Christians. We constantly second guess even or experiences with God. The fact we always arrive at the same conclusion is proof of the quality of the evidence. The most critical of scientific, philosophic, and historical geniuses in history have been men of faith. It is the height of arrogance to conclude everyone I have mentioned is self delusional.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
:facepalm:

Actually, this is sort of a groundbreaking day; for the very first time in his painful RF existence, 1robin actually said something that was accurate. I think Hell must've frozen over.
I can't even imagine the hubris required to claim such a thing. In 6000 posts a monkey would have been right quite a bit by accident. Just out of curiosity what is it that I said that is my first and only correct statement so far anyway.

Enai de a lukal

I can't even imagine the hubris required to claim such a thing. In 6000 posts a monkey would have been right quite a bit by accident.
Indeed, you almost deserve some sort of medal for making it that long without saying something correct by accident; I don't know that most people could do that if they tried.

Just out of curiosity what is it that I said that is my first and only correct statement so far anyway.
Come on man, do a little detective work.... Hint: its the one AmbiguousGuy quoted and responded to, in the post of HIS which I had quoted and responded to.

Enai de a lukal

It is certainly true (if trivially so), it just doesn't have the significance in this context that AmbiguousGuy apparently thinks it does. It certainly doesn't alleviate the performative contradiction inherent in claiming there are no facts or truths.

AmbiguousGuy

It is certainly true (if trivially so), it just doesn't have the significance in this context that AmbiguousGuy apparently thinks it does. It certainly doesn't alleviate the performative contradiction inherent in claiming there are no facts or truths.

Start a new thread. Call me out. Let's see where we get to.