• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Yanni

Hi,
I think G-d allows many religions for the different nations, He told Abraham (Avraham) that there's only One true G-d and to pass this along, this faith and that's what he taught his children. However, He didn't mean to pass it along by the sword he invited people to his tent by way of hospitality. Adam, the first man's first job was to tend to the garden and he was a vegetarian by the way.
Well, the unique thing about Orthodox Judaism is that our doctrine (which dates back to the Giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai more than 3,000 years ago) states that you do not have to be a Jew to earn a place in the World to Come. Many, if not most, other religions claim that if your not with them, then you're doomed. No so by Judaism. The Torah is a truth for all humanity. However, not every person in the world is expected to keep all 613 commandments of the Torah. God laid out a mere 7 commandments for every single human being to keep and by observing those commandments, and being a good person and doing good deeds, one can earn merits for eternal reward in the Afterlife. The 7 Noahide Laws: Here is a link regarding those laws; it explains them and their importance further: The 7 Noachide Laws

waitasec

Veteran Member
any religion that claims to be the right religion is lying...

that pretty much susses out about 2/3 of all religions...

Yanni

OK, this verse applies to normal men, but when this man is God who appeared in flesh, then the case is different.
I checked the LXX and the JPS and both look like the English translations for Isaiah 53.
I'll have to disagree, I've read some prophecies about Jesus' suffering, death and rise from the dead in the Psalms, Isaiah, among others. There were even prophecies that He would be rejected by jews, for a while.
This is a great link to a short and powerful explanation of why the Jews don't believe in Jesus. I think you'll find it very convincing. Here is the link: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

no-body

I like how fundamentalist imply that you can think and pray your way to the right religion with the vague implication that you will come to the same conclusion as them if you are doing it right. What egotistical garbage to say that your subjective experience is really objective with nothing to back it up.

AmbiguousGuy

A trans is when someone who was previously fully congnizant of his surroundings all of a sudden seems to fall under a spell (it's almost like hypnotism) and God talks to that person; all other sounds and noises seem like a blur; all he is fully aware of is God's Voice talking directly to him.

I think you're just misspelling 'trance', aren't you?

Or is 'trans' a word in your culture?

waitasec

Veteran Member
I like how fundamentalist imply that you can think and pray your way to the right religion with the vague implication that you will come to the same conclusion as them if you are doing it right. What egotistical garbage to say that your subjective experience is really objective with nothing to back it up.

what do you mean? their subjective emotional experience isn't enough to convince you?
:sarcastic

Starsoul

Truth
Have a question for athiests, do they believe Adam to be the first human being on Earth or thats just a myth for them?

otokage007

Have a question for athiests, do they believe Adam to be the first human being on Earth or thats just a myth for them?

Atheists don't believe the Bible is a reliable source of information so of course we don't believe in Adam. Plus atheists don't "believe" in anything, they just accept facts proven with objective evidences.