• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Have a question for athiests, do they believe Adam to be the first human being on Earth or thats just a myth for them?

Speaking as a theist, I see Adam as most certainly a mythological figure, not a historical one.

EDIT: And for the record, speaking as a Hindu, I see Manu, who is sort of a combined Adam and Noah in our mythology, as a mythological figure and not a historical one.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Have a question for athiests, do they believe Adam to be the first human being on Earth or thats just a myth for them?
100% pure fantasy... and not even very good fantasy, at that. This question might make for an amusing poll, actually.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis

I am not an atheist, but I take the story of Adam and Eve as mere myth.
Adam and Eve are Abrahamic stories, and not relevant to non-Abrahamics. Neither do I take other creation stories, such as Mashya and Mashyana, or Izanagi-no-Mikoto and Izanami-no-Mikoto, or any other stories.

Likewise, I do not believe in the Manu myth of Hinduism.

The reason being, they are stories. They do not line up with scientific findings, and they are much better, in my opinion, as myths with meaning than as historical facts.

Flat Earth Kyle

1+1 will always equal 2. It is true.
If there is one religion out there that speaks nothing but truth then that is a 100% True Religion. In this sense there is only 1 true religion out there in the world. There are many religions out there with many right answers, but as long as they have wrong answers even one wrong answer, they are not the one true religion.
Truth can be tested and it can be collected and the more and more of it you gather, the closer and closer you come to finding the 1 true religion.

otokage007

1+1 will always equal 2. It is true.
If there is one religion out there that speaks nothing but truth then that is a 100% True Religion. In this sense there is only 1 true religion out there in the world. There are many religions out there with many right answers, but as long as they have wrong answers even one wrong answer, they are not the one true religion.
Truth can be tested and it can be collected and the more and more of it you gather, the closer and closer you come to finding the 1 true religion.

Is there an option in which ALL religions are equally wrong?

Think about it.

Flat Earth Kyle

The pure religion, is that of pure truth.
Think of a picture hidden beneath the sand and we are brushing away the sand to see the picture underneath. The picture represents the truth and the sand represents all of the confusion, misconceptions, lies, and ignorance in the world. Is there one true religion underneath it all? My answer is yes.
Is there a way to brush away the sand and see the truth for what it is, and see that true religion? My answer is also yes.

I love this video and how it explains this,

Feature Films

As always, feel free to ask questions.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Personally i consider it a myth,when you read the Christian version its very apparent and likewise the Quran version where Adam is 90 feet tall,i really can't see that being true and besides which Human species are we talking of.

otokage007

But I was speaking from your side.:D

Then of course we can. It is the same point of view, it doesn't matter if we are two people.
But a muslim, a christian and a jew, don't have the same point of view concerning religion. However, they all can be equally wrong.

I think you mean to say "We can't both be wrong."

I suppose. I'm not english.

elmarna

While the "Truths speak of a world defines & undesputed.
Religion is a "way" based on many things.
While to get everyone to look at things the same & think the same would bring toether a 1 religion. It is best to say it is mans's quest to uncover the truths.
To uncover them all is a huge task. to keep them all in the ways of man has yet to be done!

atanu

Premium Member
Then of course we can. It is the same point of view, it doesn't matter if we are two people.
But a muslim, a christian and a jew, don't have the same point of view concerning religion. However, they all can be equally wrong.

So, when our view point is same, can it be an option that our view may be wrong? Or is that an impossibilty?

islam abduallah

dear all

i'll be offline for a whole month because of Ramadan and the feast, so i'll not be able to read and/or reply any of your posts or messages so don't take it personally, i'd like to say that i enjoyed talking to you too much and i learnt many new things here
i love you all
see you after one month :)

Muffled

Jesus in me
you said before that he's a messenger from god and now you said it's from ghost, i couldn't understand you well

also your words about the jesus revealed that you believe that you are forced to do any thing and the jesus directs you to do without your will, is my understanding right?

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. a ghost writer is someone who writes based on what another person says ie he is transcribing the words as they are being spoken into a coherent text. The alternative would be a dictated text ie transcribing the words in the exact order they were said exactly as they were said.

I have asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. That means my will is obediant to His will. You are right in that respect however I am never forced to do anything and sometimes I am reluctant when the task is distasteful similar to Jonah who didn't want to go to Ninevah but ended up going anyway.