• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

rusra02

Premium Member
With unconditional love, he will send us to Hell if he pleases, even if we do not fully understand why?

:confused:

A parent who holds his disobedient child's hand over a hot stove would be arrested and charged with cruelty in most countries. Men are not as merciful or loving as the true God is.
The teaching that God will torment people eternally in Hell is a slander against the true God. The Bible reveals that there is but one true God (John 17:3). He clearly tells us in his Word that "the wages sin pays is death." (Romans 6:23) He also explains that the dead cannot feel, think, or suffer. (Ecclesiastes 9:5,10) The soul dies when the body dies. (Ezekiel 18:4) This God-dishonoring hellfile doctrine has it's roots in pagan religions and was adopted by apostate "Christianity" in the 2nd century CE forward. It is not supported by the Bible and the true religion does not teach this lie.

waitasec

Veteran Member
A parent who holds his disobedient child's hand over a hot stove would be arrested and charged with cruelty in most countries. Men are not as merciful or loving as the true God is.
The teaching that God will torment people eternally in Hell is a slander against the true God. The Bible reveals that there is but one true God (John 17:3). He clearly tells us in his Word that "the wages sin pays is death." (Romans 6:23) He also explains that the dead cannot feel, think, or suffer. (Ecclesiastes 9:5,10) The soul dies when the body dies. (Ezekiel 18:4) This God-dishonoring hellfile doctrine has it's roots in pagan religions and was adopted by apostate "Christianity" in the 2nd century CE forward. It is not supported by the Bible and the true religion does not teach this lie.

question is, how would one find out what the true god is?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Just ask me. The Holy Spirit tells me everything.

wonder if the holy spirit told those parents god would heal their children by faith...

there is no difference between this way of thinking and the thinking that justified people flying into buildings.

our own moral sense will distinguish what is bad behavior done in the name of religion, so what is the point of religion if it can justify just about anything?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
wonder if the holy spirit told those parents god would heal their children by faith...

there is no difference between this way of thinking and the thinking that justified people flying into buildings.

our own moral sense will distinguish what is bad behavior done in the name of religion, so what is the point of religion if it can justify just about anything?

Self-improvement, discipline, hope (thus sanity), etc., as long as it's not misused. IOW, personal things.

rusra02

Premium Member
question is, how would one find out what the true god is?

The true God reveals himself to those searching for Him. Since God gives us the intelligence to investigate our world and to have a spiritual hunger, it is logical that he would provide the means to satisfy that hunger with accurate knowledge. (Matthew 5:3) The Bible reveals God as inviting us to seek for him and really find him. (Acts 17:27,28) The Bible answers the fundamental questions of life:
Why we are here, why there is evil and suffering, what the future will be.

Millions are convinced that the Bible is God's means to reveal himself and his purposes to mankind. Obviously, they needed to be convinced of this by a careful investigation of the Bible's credentials, the evidence that it is God's word.
As for the other gods people worship, they cannot supply such credentials, nor any evidence for their godship.(Isaiah 46:5-10) In contrast, Bible prophecies have proven accurate down till our day.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
As for the other gods people worship, they cannot supply such credentials, nor any evidence for their godship.(Isaiah 46:5-10) In contrast, Bible prophecies have proven accurate down till our day.

Only 'cause they're either self-fulfilling (fall of civilization), so vague that they could literally apply to anything, or likely interpolations added later. No one's ever convinced me that prophecies of any kind are genuine.

rusra02

Premium Member
Only 'cause they're either self-fulfilling (fall of civilization), so vague that they could literally apply to anything, or likely interpolations added later. No one's ever convinced me that prophecies of any kind are genuine.

As mentioned, each person needs to examine the evidence for the Bible's inspiration for himself to determine if it is, indeed, the Word of God. As to Bible prophecies, many are very explicit as to time, place, and what would occur. Cyrus, the conqueror of Babylon, was named by Isaiah some 200 years before the events prophecied took place.(Isaiah 44:28, 45:1-3) Just one example of many.

islam abduallah

As mentioned, each person needs to examine the evidence for the Bible's inspiration for himself to determine if it is, indeed, the Word of God. As to Bible prophecies, many are very explicit as to time, place, and what would occur. Cyrus, the conqueror of Babylon, was named by Isaiah some 200 years before the events prophecied took place.(Isaiah 44:28, 45:1-3) Just one example of many.

agree with you , that proves that this piece of bible is a word of god, but not all the bible is the word of god

BruceDLimber

The Bible answers the fundamental questions of life....

That is does, as do various other scriptural works!

As for the other gods people worship, . . .

IOV there IS only one God, and ALL the great religion worship this same God!

In contrast, Bible prophecies have proven accurate down till our day.

Very true!

INCLUDING, please note, those Biblical prophecies (primarily in Daniel and Revelation) predicting the year of the Advent of the Baha'i Faith and various details about its appearance!

Details are available here: http://www.bci.org/prophecy-fulfilled

What a pity so many folks haven't recognized this yet.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member

Again, this could be an interpolation added later.

The Srimad Bhagavatam (the holy book of Gaudiya Vaishnavas - those who worship Krishna) speaks of the Buddha in the future-tense, and that he'd come to lead people away from the Vedas since they would, at that time, be misused. Accurate prophecy, or interpolation added later?

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is NO love in eternal hell. No one has ever given me a good, convincing argument otherwise.

I suppose then that your idea of love is rewarding evil. Give Hitler a place of honor and congratulate him for the deaths of millions of Jews. I can't identify with that concept of love. It may be allright for you but I have a problem with it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God is already me. God is life, and I am life. God is love and hapiness and made me in his image. I know when I get rid of every other layer, hapiness will be there, because God is closer to us than our very breath is close to us.

God is us ^-^

If your god is Hitler then I want no part of him.

Bob Dixon

>implying
I suppose then that your idea of love is rewarding evil. Give Hitler a place of honor and congratulate him for the deaths of millions of Jews. I can't identify with that concept of love. It may be allright for you but I have a problem with it.

Now, hold on! Hitler was evil and all, but not even killing millions of people merits ETERNAL TORMENT! Especially not from a loving, understanding God. I'm sure God won't applaud him for his evil and wouldn't leave this unpunished. Yes, Hitler will taste the penalty of a grievous day, but ETERNAL? Hmm...

Also, slippery slope fallacy.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

So would I. Hitler was a young, immature soul with MUCH to learn. That soul won't get anywhere near God until he learns what compassion is.

Naraka is a concept in Hindu philosophy and mythology. It's just not eternal, nor is it limited to the afterlife. Hitler would have experienced Naraka while he was still alive; otherwise, why did he commit suicide?