• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So would I. Hitler was a young, immature soul with MUCH to learn. That soul won't get anywhere near God until he learns what compassion is.

Naraka is a concept in Hindu philosophy and mythology. It's just not eternal, nor is it limited to the afterlife. Hitler would have experienced Naraka while he was still alive; otherwise, why did he commit suicide?
Pride, IMO. He didn't want to have the Allies gloat over him as a captive. I don't think he regretted what he did. His suicide wasn't an expression of remorse; it was his way to deny his enemies a prize.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Pride, IMO. He didn't want to have the Allies gloat over him as a captive. I don't think he regretted what he did. His suicide wasn't an expression of remorse; it was his way to deny his enemies a prize.

Pride may have been part of it, but we could also point to cowardice; he was afraid to face the Allies. This type of fear manifesting as cowardice is an aspect of Naraka.

rusra02

Premium Member
Again, this could be an interpolation added later.

The Srimad Bhagavatam (the holy book of Gaudiya Vaishnavas - those who worship Krishna) speaks of the Buddha in the future-tense, and that he'd come to lead people away from the Vedas since they would, at that time, be misused. Accurate prophecy, or interpolation added later?

If you choose to view this scripture as a dishonest attempt to mask history as prophecy, that is your right. However, as mentioned, each person should make an honest examination of the Bible for themselves. This is just one prophecy of hundreds that have been fulfilled accurately. Many of these prophecies speak of events that have occurred so long after writing that interpolation is not a possibility, some propheices have been fulfilled only recently, and some have not yet occurred. So interpolation would be impossible.
As to the reference to Buddha in the future-tense, this is vague at best.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
If you choose to view this scripture as a dishonest attempt to mask history as prophecy, that is your right. However, as mentioned, each person should make an honest examination of the Bible for themselves. This is just one prophecy of hundreds that have been fulfilled accurately. Many of these prophecies speak of events that have occurred so long after writing that interpolation is not a possibility, some propheices have been fulfilled only recently, and some have not yet occurred. So interpolation would be impossible.
As to the reference to Buddha in the future-tense, this is vague at best.

Like all other prophecies. ^_^

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Matthew 24

There are still stones of the Temple still standing. It's common sense that they will one day no longer stand. All man-made structures will one day crumble.

Nations have been rising against nations for thousands of years. Famines and earthquakes have occurred throughout the world ever since, well, ever.

Since Christianity is the largest religion in the world, I don't think we can say that the disciples are generally hated for Christ's sake.

People have hated each other for thousands of years.

False prophets have existed throughout history, not just before or after Christ.

Same as above, pretty much.

2 Timothy 3:1-5

That's been happening throughout history.

Revelation 6:1-8 (in fact, much of Revelation)

It could easily be argued that Revelation was the establishment of the Roman Catholic Church.

Isaiah 2:2-4

Well, that most certainly hasn't happened.

and many others.

But none of the ones you've listed as far as I can tell.

rusra02

Premium Member
There are still stones of the Temple still standing. It's common sense that they will one day no longer stand. All man-made structures will one day crumble.

Nations have been rising against nations for thousands of years. Famines and earthquakes have occurred throughout the world ever since, well, ever.

Since Christianity is the largest religion in the world, I don't think we can say that the disciples are generally hated for Christ's sake.

People have hated each other for thousands of years.

False prophets have existed throughout history, not just before or after Christ.

Same as above, pretty much.

That's been happening throughout history.

It could easily be argued that Revelation was the establishment of the Roman Catholic Church.

Well, that most certainly hasn't happened.

But none of the ones you've listed as far as I can tell.

You may choose to ignore or dismiss these prophecies, but the facts are clear to those with eyes to see.
Jesus great prophecy about his presence and the 'end of the world' was to be fulfilled upon a single generation, not spread over hundreds or thousands of years.
Since 1914, the world has seen 2 world wars and hundreds of other wars, killing unprecedented numbers of innocents and combatants. Jesus also prophecied that pestilences or diseases would be prevalent, food shortages, an increasing of lawlessness, and a global campaign of preaching about God's Kingdom.
As to persecution and hatred of true Christians, this is a well-documented event marking the last days. True Christians also have successfully and internationally beaten their swords into plowshares, refusing to learn war any more or kill their fellow man. (Isaiah 2:2-4) That is one reason they are the object of hatred by all the nations. (Matthew 24:9) In this, true Christians stand in strong contrast to the majority of professed "Christian" churches. (Matthew 7:13-20)
I could go on with additional evidence but hopefully honest people will investigate for themselves what the Bible says concerning our day, rather than be swayed by anyone's personal opinion.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
You may choose to ignore or dismiss these prophecies, but the facts are clear to those with eyes to see.
Jesus great prophecy about his presence and the 'end of the world' was to be fulfilled upon a single generation, not spread over hundreds or thousands of years.
Since 1914, the world has seen 2 world wars and hundreds of other wars, killing unprecedented numbers of innocents and combatants. Jesus also prophecied that pestilences or diseases would be prevalent, food shortages, an increasing of lawlessness, and a global campaign of preaching about God's Kingdom.
As to persecution and hatred of true Christians, this is a well-documented event marking the last days. True Christians also have successfully and internationally beaten their swords into plowshares, refusing to learn war any more or kill their fellow man. (Isaiah 2:2-4) That is one reason they are the object of hatred by all the nations. (Matthew 24:9) In this, true Christians stand in strong contrast to the majority of professed "Christian" churches. (Matthew 7:13-20)
I could go on with additional evidence but hopefully honest people will investigate for themselves what the Bible says concerning our day, rather than be swayed by anyone's personal opinion.

There have been several large-scale campaigns of violence throughout the years. Ever hear of Alexander? Genghis Khan?

Rather than prophecies, these could have simply been part of the apocalyptic literature going on at the time, where the authors were imagining how things could be much worse in order to make the overall point that things were going to get much worse before they got better. The prophecies are so vague that they could apply to anything. That's the problem with most of them.

I have eyes, and I can see. I can see where the correlations can be drawn, but only after having been previously influenced by other teachings, or perhaps a lack of historical knowledge. There is no way to fully remove our filters of bias.

Last edited:

Falcon

The right "religion " is the Christian Faith which is taught by the only Church that Jesus ever left us along with the completed Bible, which was canonically compiled [ NT ] by that same Church.

religion99

there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion, but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)

1. Study all of them.
2. Check if there is any self contradiction in them.
3. Check if any of the facts mentioned in the Scriptures is in contradiction to your actual experiences or is logically false.
4. Check if it preaches violence , in any form or for any cause.
5. Check if it preaches compassion for human and animals without any preconditions and in all circumstances.
6. If in doubt , ask honest questions in the respective DIR.

AmbiguousGuy

The Bible and God Himself. Perhaps you would like to share where your info comes from?

Hi, Muffled. I don't trust any middleman. My info comes directly from God. God tells me that the whole Hell business was just a made-up story by some ancient magic-believing folk.

Me Myself

Back to my username
saying there is no right religion is saying there is no such thing as truth out there.
So long as there is truth, there is a right religion.

Religioni is the way you follow your spiritual path to reunite with God.

Because there are a lot of different kinds of people, there are going to be different truths for everyone.

Think about a map. My truth may be that God is above and not below, because I am in the bottom part of the map and God in the center. Your truth may be that he is below you but not above, because you are at the top of the map.

Now, you can say to both that "God is in the center" but then they will ask "where is the center?" and the problem arises again.

The truth is, tghere are different paths depending on where you are at. (and we didn´t even get into the part of the "transport" :D )

Falcon

All major World religions are solely of a Religious book , with the exception of the True Faith of Christianity ,which accepts Jesus as more than just a Book.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
All major World religions are solely of a Religious book , with the exception of the True Faith of Christianity ,which accepts Jesus as more than just a Book.

just your subjective opinion

Riverwolf

Premium Member

Not so. Hinduism is based only in part on the Scriptures; it's also based on tradition, and the teachings of the Sages. It is said that the Sanatana Dharma has no origin point, for it is, well, Sanatana (which basically means "has always been.")

So, "True Faith of Christianity" isn't the only major religion that's "solely of a Religious book." :D

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Jesus doesn't call the Christian to be right; Jesus calls the Christian to be saved.

Falcon

Opinion !!!, I support all that I write with Biblical support , it is you and the majority of the members that only contribute their opinions without ever any Bible verses.