• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Muffled

Jesus in me
Replacing one coping mechanism with another...amazing. And that could be done with *any* religion.

So what's honestly the best out of your pile of "most evidence"?

I have seen no evidence that other religions can do this. Do you have any evidence to support your theory?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
The best evidence in my estimation is that of the drug addict who has been saved from it by accepting Jesus. Usually an attempt to escape by sheer will power is lacking (most religions say you have to save yourself by getting off the drugs by sheer willpower). Christianity gets a person's will out of the way so that God's will prevails and He never fails to deliver a person.

evidence?

AmbiguousGuy

I doubt that you are even in the same neigborhood but we are equal in terms of the fact that we are making claims that totally depend on our honesty.
Yes, and maybe even our sanity.

This is the first proof (by your own statement) that you are not hearing from God. You say that you seak for God but that is not what God does. He has people speak His words.
I am sorry to hear that you're suffering this confusion about the nature of God. If you can convince me that you honestly and sincerely want to know more, I'll be glad to share.

In my case God speaks through me not just to me.
God speaks both to me and through me. All day every day. It's just a matter of defining 'God' properly.

garrydons

To: Muffled

Well please give us the meaning of RIGHT RELIGION since you stated that I am not qualified to define the characteristics of a right religion. And is not true or truth synonymous to right?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, and maybe even our sanity.

I am sorry to hear that you're suffering this confusion about the nature of God. If you can convince me that you honestly and sincerely want to know more, I'll be glad to share.

God speaks both to me and through me. All day every day. It's just a matter of defining 'God' properly.

I think you are purposely being ambiguous. If you define God as your own ego, you are probably correct.

I must be getting lax for I have missed this confusion. Perhaps you could point it out to me.

I don't have a problem with that but I can get caught by misconceptions at times. Misconceptions can appear to lack sanity. The dreamer can see a contraption that can fly but many a contraption was a misconception until a real flying contraption was found. The dream is sane enough but other people tend to view it differently untilit is proven otherwise.

Muffled

Jesus in me
To: Muffled

Well please give us the meaning of RIGHT RELIGION since you stated that I am not qualified to define the characteristics of a right religion. And is not true or truth synonymous to right?

In court one swears to stte the "whole truth and nothing but the truth." A religion can be true but deficient in respect to the whole truth.

The right religion is whatever God wants it to be. Inshallah!

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
What religion is right? If you're asking as to imply that out of all the religions in the world, only one is the correct one, then I would have to say none of them. My answer is the right religion is the one that is right for you. That's why there are so many. Each one fits a different personality type, a different set of characteristics. Religion is a personal experience, and one that cannot simply fit into one box. Everyone's different. Therefore, people are going to experience the divine/absolute/ultimate in different ways. For some people, that's an ultimate deity with all power and knowledge. For others, that deity is manifested in three separate but equal personalities. For still others, many deities are preferable, while for yet others, no deity is required, because the ultimate is unexplainable. Everyone has to pick the religion that's right for them, if they choose to follow a religion. So, to put it simply, there is no one right and correct religion that should be followed by everybody. There is only the religion that is right for you, which may not be right for the next guy.

AmbiguousGuy

I think you are purposely being ambiguous.
Thank you. All wisdom comes from the embrace of ambiguity.

As virtually all confusion arises from certainty.

I must be getting lax for I have missed this confusion. Perhaps you could point it out to me.
You told me that I was wrong about God. That means that you must be confused about the nature of God. Yes?

I mean, how could you possibly know more about God than I do?

garrydons

To: dyanaprajna2011. May I quote "There is only the right religion that is right for you, which may not be right for the next guy".

My question is then who is right? Are everybody right? Is this sound reasoning? If this is our logic, then there is no right and wrong.

To: Muffled. "The right religion is whatever God wants it to be".

But it seems every religion defers in what the God they believe wants. But still they are all right?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

Oh+No+You+Didn%2527t.bmp