• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

AmbiguousGuy

If you truly are, then yes. But who is to say you truly are?

Who is to say that any person truly speaks for God?

It's simply a bald claim. Everyone decides for himself who speaks for God and who doesn't.

Another member here claimed to speak for God. I just counterclaimed him. There is no prophet truer than my prophet, after all.

riley2112

Who is to say that any person truly speaks for God?

It's simply a bald claim. Everyone decides for himself who speaks for God and who doesn't.

Another member here claimed to speak for God. I just counterclaimed him. There is no prophet truer than my prophet, after all.
Truer words I have not heard.

The Neo Nerd

That makes it easy. God has the most power. However having the power and the rules doesn't stop those who wish to break the rules from breaking them.

Of which he/she/it refuses to wield. I'm sorry your god has failed to stop a few millenia of ****** up behaviour. Your argument is fractally incompetent.

However if you do no harm to those who do harm then they will continue to do harm.
Agreed, i didn't say it was perfect, just better.

It is the only way to be a good person for those who are not already good and according to God tht is everyone despite self evaluations to the contrary.
It is by no means the only way for, all you need is a true desire to do so.

Muffled

Jesus in me
People disagree with me. All of them. But if I truly speak for God, then those people are disagreeing with God, aren't they?

Yes.

Disagreement with you is not proof that you are hearing from God. If you are hearing from the Devil, I would disagree with you then the people disagreeing may be in agreement with God.

BruceDLimber

Any god demanding worship is not a god.

But you might want to consider what the Baha'i scriptures state:

Specifically, they say that for anyone performing his job in a spirit of service to humanity, this ranks as worship of God!

Thus worship isn't "demanded" by anyone, but is performed by anybody sincerely doing his work!

Peace, :)

Bruce

AmbiguousGuy

Disagreement with you is not proof that you are hearing from God.

Of course not. My proof that I am speaking for God is exactly the same as your proof that you are speaking for God.

Well, OK... that was a nutty thing for me to say. Obviously my proof is a much finer thing than anyone else's proof.

But it is the same type of proof, I guess we could say. It lives in the same general neighborhood as your proof. But let's face it. My proof dwells in the biggest house, on the highest hill, in the neighborhood.

If anyone speaks for God, clearly it is me.

garrydons

Shalom! As we notice, every group of religion claim to be that they right or the true one. The Three Major religions in the world: Judaism, Christianity and Islam maybe I am right to say that all these will claim that they are the true one. Of course aside from these three there many, many more religions in the world. So, what is now our parameter? How do we know which one is true? Let me quickly state that a true religion certainly would not preach or promote hatred, violence, wars, chaos and other practices which are beyond what is acceptable with the society in general. If a certain religion promotes or practice terrorism, violates human rights and other evil acts then surely it is not true religion or faith. Now, these three Major religions in the world are all called Abrahamic because they all believe Abraham as the Father of Faith. I stand corrected if I am wrong. Judaism use the Tanakh, the so called Old Testament by Christians. While Christians both use the Old Testament and the New Testament. Muslims use the koran. Personally I would suggest since they are also belivers of Abraham that they also use the Bible. But it is up to them. Now, if we believe the Bible or the Scriptures as manual of God given to man, then the Scriptures says that God of Israel choose Israel as the bearer of Light meaning the preacher of the Good News to all the nations of the world. To the Jewish people were given the Oracles of God (Elohim). How to live a life of true Godliness were revealed to them. In other words they possess the true religion. So, with the premises, Judaism will come out as the true religion. But for the information of still who are not aware there are Jews who already accepted Jesus (Yeshua) as the prophesied Messiah and these are the Messianic Jews. And their religion is called Messianic Judaism.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Shalom! As we notice, every group of religion claim to be that they right or the true one. The Three Major religions in the world: Judaism, Christianity and Islam maybe I am right to say that all these will claim that they are the true one. Of course aside from these three there many, many more religions in the world. So, what is now our parameter? How do we know which one is true? Let me quickly state that a true religion certainly would not preach or promote hatred, violence, wars, chaos and other practices which are beyond what is acceptable with the society in general. If a certain religion promotes or practice terrorism, violates human rights and other evil acts then surely it is not true religion or faith. Now, these three Major religions in the world are all called Abrahamic because they all believe Abraham as the Father of Faith. I stand corrected if I am wrong. Judaism use the Tanakh, the so called Old Testament by Christians. While Christians both use the Old Testament and the New Testament. Muslims use the koran. Personally I would suggest since they are also belivers of Abraham that they also use the Bible. But it is up to them. Now, if we believe the Bible or the Scriptures as manual of God given to man, then the Scriptures says that God of Israel choose Israel as the bearer of Light meaning the preacher of the Good News to all the nations of the world. To the Jewish people were given the Oracles of God (Elohim). How to live a life of true Godliness were revealed to them. In other words they possess the true religion. So, with the premises, Judaism will come out as the true religion. But for the information of still who are not aware there are Jews who already accepted Jesus (Yeshua) as the prophesied Messiah and these are the Messianic Jews. And their religion is called Messianic Judaism.

Part in bold. How do you know?

garrydons

Shalom! 9Westy9 All practices considered evil are obviously against the true religion. Because true religion teaches what is good and just.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Shalom! 9Westy9 All practices considered evil are obviously against the true religion. Because true religion teaches what is good and just.

But what if what's "true" is that the world is created and run by a malevolent demon?

It's a fallacy to assert that something is true just because it's in our best interest. (e.g., argument from adverse consequences)

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

How do you know what good and just are? and how do we know that the true religion must follow what is good and just?