• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Flat Earth Kyle

Flat Earth Kyle

It was always there. Revealed religions never existed until someone decided to reveal them. There cannot be a revealed religion without someone to reveal it. What did people do for religion before the revealed ones came along? They followed the natural one.

A baby knows nothing concerning religion until someone teaches it.
There are many people out on the islands of the sea who have not had any particular religions revealed to them. What do they do? Well each one is different, but in several they literally eat each other.

I believe that "the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord."

riley2112

It was always there. Revealed religions never existed until someone decided to reveal them. There cannot be a revealed religion without someone to reveal it. What did people do for religion before the revealed ones came along? They followed the natural one.
so , there was never a unrevealed one. Correct?

riley2112

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

so the right religion is the one we don't know about?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think Yahweh was created for just that reason -- too much pillaging and raping. Think about Islam. Arabia was a wild place. The culture needed some kind of organization and control, so Muhammed created a God who hated lawlessness. One must submit to the Great Lawmaker.

It was easier back then to use magical thinking, rather than secular law, to control folks. Convince a guy that a spiritual Being is watching him, and you can make that guy behave.

Homosexuals didn't make the God. Anti-homosexuals made the God.

Once Yahweh was made, and everyone began to assume that 'God' was this Being-in-the-Bible, then each individual created his own version of God. Lots of gays today view God as fully supporting homosexuality. Their individual version of God is based on the Biblical Guy, but it is a God unique to the person.

That's how it all seems to me, anyway.

That is a lovely thought but there is no evidence to support it. First of all Mohammed was not in charge of the culture. Second he was part of the culture.
If God had not come into his life, he would have remained in the same culture.
Second Mohammed doesn't say that he created a god. At first he doesn't even talk to God but talks to an angel who tells him about God.

Saying often does not help. Mohammed took his message to a couple of tribes who treated him badly but God brought a punishment on them. Word gets around when God actually does something to back up his word.

ROFLMAO! On the other hand, if you are saying that there is something inherently wrong with homosexuality that people can recognize, I might very well agree with you.

Yahweh wasn't created. He has always existed. The Bible is quite clear about this. I will grant that it is man's sinful nature to pervert the word of God.

This is simply an attempt by sinful people to legitimize their sin. God will not buy it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not every religion has a concept of sin. Degrading other religions for not addressing the problem that your religion identifies ignorant or atleast christo-centric.

And how is your life different NOW, than if you weren't saved from sin.

Unless you have even the SLIGHTEST amount of sin on your soul, then god will send you to hell. You really should know the tenets of your religion.

Im sorry you are going to have rewrite this one. It's logically incoherent.

If a religion does not have a concept of sin it is not even close to being the right religion. Of course the concept of a right religion is from God's point of view.

I am not into making public confessions of past sins. I will say that I care more about people now than I did before.

These aren't the tenets of my religion even though there are some people who support those views. I am not perfect but God has already told me where He is sending me and it was not to Hell.

I disagree but I am willing to have you point out to me why you think so.

The Neo Nerd

If a religion does not have a concept of sin it is not even close to being the right religion. Of course the concept of a right religion is from God's point of view.

Religion is not required for people to understand what is right or wrong. All that is required is 2 or more people working together and sharing resources. Society already has systems in place to deal with people who have done the wrong thing.

Sin and the idea of its effects on some kind of eternal soul are unnecessary constructs whose sole purpose is to keep people in the religion.

I am not into making public confessions of past sins. I will say that I care more about people now than I did before.
I'm glad you've found something that has led you to be a better human being. It's a bit sad that you needed religion to do so.

These aren't the tenets of my religion even though there are some people who support those views. I am not perfect but God has already told me where He is sending me and it was not to Hell.
Ok so god sent jesus to die for your sins and jesus that none shall enter the kingdom of heaven but through him and you want to tell me that you're going to heaven even if you have sin in your heart.

It must be great to be able to pick and chose which parts of ones religion that you like.

Last edited:

9Westy9

Premium Member

Only according to you

How did he tell you?

AmbiguousGuy

That is a lovely thought but there is no evidence to support it.
But i
f there were no evidence to support it, I would not have concluded it to be so.

First of all Mohammed was not in charge of the culture. Second he was part of the culture.
All prophets are part of their culture. Once they convince people that they actually speak for God, then they begin to be in charge of that culture.

If God had not come into his life, he would have remained in the same culture.
If he had not claimed that God came to him, then he would have remained just another insignificant member of that culture. That's a pretty strong incentive to claim that God has come to you, don't you think?

ROFLMAO! On the other hand, if you are saying that there is something inherently wrong with homosexuality that people can recognize, I might very well agree with you.
I try not to say silly stuff like that -- not without making it clear that I'm being silly.

Yahweh wasn't created. He has always existed. The Bible is quite clear about this.
The Bible was created by the same folks who created Yahweh. Sorry.

I will grant that it is man's sinful nature to pervert the word of God.
It is man's sinful nature to create a God and then convince others that his God is more real than their own.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Religion is not required for people to understand what is right or wrong. All that is required is 2 or more people working together and sharing resources. Society already has systems in place to deal with people who have done the wrong thing.

Sin and the idea of its effects on some kind of eternal soul are unnecessary constructs whose sole purpose is to keep people in the religion.

I'm glad you've found something that has led you to be a better human being. It's a bit sad that you needed religion to do so.

Ok so god sent jesus to die for your sins and jesus that none shall enter the kingdom of heaven but through him and you want to tell me that you're going to heaven even if you have sin in your heart.

It must be great to be able to pick and chose which parts of ones religion that you like.

See my post "How does one choose?" Two people from Presevermania have laws against stealing but two people from Destructimania have laws that say it is good to steal. The law against stealing is just as subjective as the law that says it is good to steal. Without God who is there to say one is right and the other wrong.

Sin is not a construct. It is God's viewpoint of actions that are contrary to His will. Evidently God deems the concept to be necessary. The concept of Sin does not keep people in a religion. Usually the means to do that were social ostracism and punishment. However that would come under the term transgression because acts contrary to a particular religion are not neccessarily acts against God and sometimes are acts for God.

I already had religion. I needed God. I have to admit it saddens me also. However at the time I perceived myself as being ok and my mother thought the same thing. However in each case whether good or bad, the source was not a law or God but what I had learned in previous lives. Each person carries with him that baggage so that it might seem that it comes without God but how does one know it didn't come from God in a previous life?

No-one can enter The Kingdom of Heaven with sin in his heart. A person must be born again according to Jesus. (This was the key passage in my salvation)

A true Christian has no choice. Jesus is Lord.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Only according to you

How did he tell you?

I am speaking for God not myself.

My mind receives inaudible words from Him while I am conscious although He sometimes does the same thing while I am semi-conscoius (Rem-sleep or dream state).

There could be many Gods
There could be only one God Creator. (A universe can only be created once)
We are the ones who assign attributes to our gods.
we decide what is sinful or good.
we design our religions
we decide what is necessary for membership.
We write the religious books
we form the dogma.

"So what does God do"
he Created the universe.
He established the rules of how the universe functions.
He kick started evolution in the universe.
He links us to himself with the "spark of life" "our soul"
He has sent "prophets" to guide our morality.
He speaks to us through prayer.
He guides and comforts us through the Holy Spirit.

There is no one true religion
Religion is no more than a path we follow.

Am I biased....? Of course I am ....we all are....

The right religion is mine! No one elses just mine! For I must be right, if I am not I do not know what I would do!!!!

Muffled

Jesus in me
But if there were no evidence to support it, I would not have concluded it to be so.

All prophets are part of their culture. Once they convince people that they actually speak for God, then they begin to be in charge of that culture.

If he had not claimed that God came to him, then he would have remained just another insignificant member of that culture. That's a pretty strong incentive to claim that God has come to you, don't you think?

I try not to say silly stuff like that -- not without making it clear that I'm being silly.

The Bible was created by the same folks who created Yahweh. Sorry.

It is man's sinful nature to create a God and then convince others that his God is more real than their own.

In that case you should be able to present said evidence. Please do so since I seem to be lacking said evidence myself.

That is too funny. Most prophets get run out of town if not tarred and feathered. Even Moses whose authority no-one recognized until God started doing miracles had problems with people opposing him.

For that reason there is no shortage of false prophets. However false prophets don't have God's power backing them, so they don't get very far.

I would like to see you try to provide evidence to support that statement.

I agree, but a created god is no help while the one true God is able to back up those who support Him.

If you are not willing to say it then you will have to admit that people would not have been likely to create a god who would make a law against homosexuality. In fact it is quite likely that home grown religions such as the worship of Baal encouraged homosexuality.

Last edited:

9Westy9

Premium Member
I am speaking for God not myself.

My mind receives inaudible words from Him while I am conscious although He sometimes does the same thing while I am semi-conscoius (Rem-sleep or dream state).

:facepalm: