• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Najara

You guys do realize that the Jews killed yoshke yemach shumo uzichrono on erevan pesach? He was stoned then hung for a minute literally and then buried. Talmud records his trial and the trial of his 5 students matai, nezer,benei and I forgot the rest. And it records about Mary and record the name of his father. Google Ben pandera you will know what I am talking about. He was and never will be a deity chas vesholom. He is recorded in the Talmud as running away to Egypt from Israel with his rabbi and he hid secret magic in his arms by cutting them and putting it under his skin, some say he inscribed it on his skin. It is an interesting read to those who want to know the true story of your so called savior.

Gomeza

To suggest that there is only one "right religion" implies that all other religions and belief systems are wrong or false. Surely you must know that there will never be any form of consensus as to what is the "right religion" to be found outside of any particular religion's adherents. In other words: this question will only glean the answer you seem to be looking for amongst those who are members of your own religion. . . . or to take it a step further: my belief system is every bit as "right" as yours is, or as "right" as any other belief system on this planet for that matter. . . . and in saying this I am no different from you or approximately 7 billion other people.

atanu

Premium Member
I see that people have not yet decided. There is only the sanatana dharma. Rest all are tributaries.:D

1robin

Christian/Baptist
To suggest that there is only one "right religion" implies that all other religions and belief systems are wrong or false. Surely you must know that there will never be any form of consensus as to what is the "right religion" to be found outside of any particular religion's adherents. In other words: this question will only glean the answer you seem to be looking for amongst those who are members of your own religion. . . . or to take it a step further: my belief system is every bit as "right" as yours is, or as "right" as any other belief system on this planet for that matter. . . . and in saying this I am no different from you or approximately 7 billion other people.

Since many of the belief system claim to alone be absolute truth and since they also have claims contadictory to each other, then it follows that only one is right or none are right. Any two systems haveing competeting exclusive claims cannot both be correct. Which one is correct is a different discussion.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Since many of the belief system claim to alone be absolute truth and since they also have claims contadictory to each other, then it follows that only one is right or none are right. Any two systems haveing competeting exclusive claims cannot both be correct. Which one is correct is a different discussion.

choose your poison :D

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
That is true with almost everything even much of science. How does this guarranty that any of the choices are negative?

It doesn't. It just guarantee's that your decision is far from certain. Choose what assumptions you want to make, you can't be sure if it's poison or not..

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Wrong again, the reason I brought this up and I have far better access to my motivation than you, was in response to a point you made concerning some people who had done much damage who also happened to believe in God. I was attempting to explain that for whatever reason people throughout history who never have more than a superficial agreement with a religious philosophy (and are therefore atheists in my opinion) have committed some of the most vile acts in history. How you get a reference to you from an explanation of a point you made is bizarre (almost paranoid). The only point you could make is my labeling them atheists was wrong but that would be your opinion and has nothing to do with me referencing you.
It's possible but in these cases it's certain that you can't understand my simple statements no matter how clear and distort them into some (maybe paranoid) fantasy.
All this means is they were sinful and needed saving. So What? It isn't complicated.

Yes I finally figured out what all the addict obsession stems from. Of all the lame attempts to explain Christianity away as something other than what it obviously is this one ranks as one of the most pathetic. There are many counter arguments to Christianity that I find intriguing and respectable evn though I don't agree with them but yours isn't one of them. Most Christians are not former addicts what is your explanation for that. What explains that men who had displayed a despicable character one day and then a completely different character the next after they claimed to be saved. How can you explain my being someone who cursed often and didn’t see anything wrong with it being saved and the next day not being able to bear hearing cursing as well as people continually asking me if I had a new haircut or was working out commenting that I looked happier and more content than the day before. I can't wait for this response.

Yes psychologists are well known for their rational theories and couldn't possibly come up with something ridiculous like everything Sigmund Freud ever said.
I am bored and have another whole section of yours to refute so I will leave your opinion above unanswered I just don't have the time to waste.
Wrong

1robin

Christian/Baptist
It doesn't. It just guarantee's that your decision is far from certain. Choose what assumptions you want to make, you can't be sure if it's poison or not..
But you are the one that posted a positive claim that somehow you know that all religions are poison this was a false claim to which you affirmed above and so I won't mention it again unless it resurfaces. Your new claim is that any faith in a religion is uncertain to which I agree but with a degree of uncertainty probably different from yours but atleast we are speaking truth now.

Vultar

If implies you don't know which is a fact. It also implies whether or not your view is true or not, since you have no way of knowing, your claim that you do is false

Exactly....

An example, I know what I believe to be a fact due to my experiences, BUT anyone I tell about it has no way to know if what I say is true or just something that is made up.

Since things are difficult to explain or prove and it is not wise to give all information as the knowledge can be abused (people do abuse part of it now without really knowing all about it). People are just left with the parts I wish to tell them (mind you, these are the parts that help them and not myself as it is never good to be self serving).

That and the fact that I really don't want to tell people...

Disclaimer: I don't expect anyone to believe what I write.... I'm just a messenger.... :D

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
If implies you don't know which is a fact. It also implies whether or not your view is true or not, since you have no way of knowing, your claim that you do is false
Except your assertion isn't actually true. Based on individual actual analysis, some are blatantly untrue. Hence why I facetiously asked, what do you mean 'even if'.
But I quoted that part of your statement as a way of condensing your long statement, from which it came, down to the only part worth noting. the idea that 'ONLY one is right OR they are all wrong' is a false dichotomy.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is one right path. Everyone has it. It is within us all. The catch is: we are all individuals, so our paths will each be different. You have your path, I have mine. Yours is right for you, and mine for me.

So the Son of Sam who was a serial killer, since he was a Jew was probably brought up Jewish (I haven't read all of his bio), traversed into Satanismwhile comitting his murders and into Chrisitanity in Jail, was on the right path for him?

Muffled

Jesus in me
You guys do realize that the Jews killed yoshke yemach shumo uzichrono on erevan pesach? He was stoned then hung for a minute literally and then buried. Talmud records his trial and the trial of his 5 students matai, nezer,benei and I forgot the rest. And it records about Mary and record the name of his father. Google Ben pandera you will know what I am talking about. He was and never will be a deity chas vesholom. He is recorded in the Talmud as running away to Egypt from Israel with his rabbi and he hid secret magic in his arms by cutting them and putting it under his skin, some say he inscribed it on his skin. It is an interesting read to those who want to know the true story of your so called savior.

It is an interesting read if one enjoys fictional banality.

Muffled

Jesus in me
But you are the one that posted a positive claim that somehow you know that all religions are poison this was a false claim to which you affirmed above and so I won't mention it again unless it resurfaces. Your new claim is that any faith in a religion is uncertain to which I agree but with a degree of uncertainty probably different from yours but atleast we are speaking truth now.

I find God to be a sure thing. Religion may change but He does not.