• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Are people still on Christianity?

Let's give some other faiths some spotlight,

Like maybe the Rastafari movement, or one of the sects of Hinduism. Heck, we could even maybe talk about Neo-Paganism.

(Note that none of the above are my religions).

Which other beliefs think they are the right religion for everyone?
:shrug:

kjw47

Ok, I was just going to say, when I actually started reading the Bible, Jesus turned out to be a lot different then what was represented by his followers.

Jesus started one religion, he appointed the faithful and discreet slave ( lead teachers) over all of his belongings-- only through these teachers are truths revealed-- the other 99% of religions claiming to be christian are not in reality. So i agree the one religion is alot different from the rest as well.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Jesus started one religion, he appointed the faithful and discreet slave ( lead teachers) over all of his belongings-- only through these teachers are truths revealed-- the other 99% of religions claiming to be christian are not in reality. So i agree the one religion is alot different from the rest as well.

Well I hope you are on the right path, I hope I am too. I just don't see any concrete way of guaranteeing that.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Where does this come from?

love

tri-polar optimist

Jesus didn't start a religion. He made it whole.
As for His belongings, I don't think He even claimed to own the clothes on His back.
Truths are revealed in infinite ways.
It seems to me that most religions try to limit God.
He may be one God, but He's certainly not limited to one book, one group of people,or one language or culture.
One thing that some religions ignore is God's understanding of His creation that we call men.
We will do evil but we have done many wonderful things.
His ability to forgive far excedes our comprehension. Even for the ones who commit atrocities in His name

kjw47

Jesus didn't start a religion. He made it whole.
As for His belongings, I don't think He even claimed to own the clothes on His back.
Truths are revealed in infinite ways.
It seems to me that most religions try to limit God.
He may be one God, but He's certainly not limited to one book, one group of people,or one language or culture.
One thing that some religions ignore is God's understanding of His creation that we call men.
We will do evil but we have done many wonderful things.
His ability to forgive far excedes our comprehension. Even for the ones who commit atrocities in His name

Belongings was referring to his true followers, not material things. One must be serving the true God, not the many satan is posing as all throughout the earth as he has always done to mislead. The true God is Jesus,s God-rev 3:12

Anatta

Other
I find this topic incomprehensible.

Many of you seem to view God as some sort of teacher to whom you will be forced to hand in your homework, in the form of the religion you practiced throughout your life. And then you'll be graded on it.

Is no one bothered by the arbitrary cruelty suggested by this interpretation? Especially considering that most people are saddled with a religion by their family and culture, rather than choosing their own...

I've tried asking fundamentalist Xians about the souls of Jewish children murdered during the holocaust. None of them were baptized, nor did they "accept Jesus". I usually get no response, or some brazenly cruel nonsense about how it's what God wanted and it's therefore unquestionable...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Many of you seem to view God as some sort of teacher to whom you will be forced to hand in your homework, in the form of the religion you practiced throughout your life. And then you'll be graded on it.
Is no one bothered by the arbitrary cruelty suggested by this interpretation? Especially considering that most people are saddled with a religion by their family and culture, rather than choosing their own...
I've tried asking fundamentalist Xians about the souls of Jewish children murdered during the holocaust. None of them were baptized, nor did they "accept Jesus". I usually get no response, or some brazenly cruel nonsense about how it's what God wanted and it's therefore unquestionable...

But God forces no one to hand in homework.
He lets us choose whether we want to worship him or not.

We are all born into a culture or cultural bias, but as Jesus said his 'sheep' [humble meek] would hear his voice and follow him.
We 'hear' Jesus 'voice through hearing the pages of Scripture.
[Romans 10 vs 10-17; Matthew 24 v 14; Acts 1 v 8]
In each nation or country there are people who hear Scripture and choose to follow Jesus by their own choice.

According to Genesis [2 v 7] Adam did Not have a soul. Adam did Not possess a soul, rather Adam became animated after receiving the 'breath' [not soul] of life. That means Adam became a living soul. Since all sinners die and Adam was a sinner then at his death Adam became a dead soul, or lifeless soul.
That is why Ezekiel [18 vs 4,20] says the soul that sins dies. [Acts 3 v 23]

According to Scripture, all who died before Jesus died [John 3 v 13] only had an earthly resurrection hope. Jesus opened up the way to heaven for some [Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10 14 v 4]. The majority of mankind will be resurrected back to life on a paradisaic earth during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth. -Psalm 72 v 8; Acts 24 v 15; Rev. 22 v 2
That means the children of the Holocaust will have an earthly resurrection at that time. They can become part of the humble meek that will inherit the earth or earthly realm of God's kingdom. -Psalm 37 vs 11,29

The only exception is anyone who commits the unforgivable sin.
They will not have a resurrection anywhere to heaven or on earth.
[Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6]
They are considered as the wicked who are destroyed forever.

-Psalm 92 v 7; Proverbs 2 vs 21,22; 10 v 30; 21 v 18; Isaiah 11 vs 3,4

waitasec

Veteran Member
At Matt 10:34-35--- i believe what this is teaching is that some members of ones family will listen to and find truth, while the rest may outright reject truth or just plain be mislead by false teachings. Most certainly Jesus would want every member of ones family to accept truth, but it wouldnt be the case. Its not that he purposely turns family members against one another--that would never be.

well that is a convenient disclaimer. i mean if someone doesn't get it...they must be rejecting the truth :rolleyes:

waitasec

Veteran Member
I already knew that but figured it would be inapropriate to state. I have never understood the concept of hateing what you don't consider exists. I do not believe ETs built the pyramids but I do not not spend much time discussing them either. I live my life like they didn't and move on down the road.
if you haven't already picked up on what i've been trying to say...this blind faith is one of the many justifications for bad behavior, which has affected my life in one way or another. this is why i question.

What in the world have you been reading. I must have said a half dozen times that whatever the method it is an obvious fact if Heaven is real that we will not have bad memories. So by some method we wil not be aware of missing people at least in a form that will cause pain.

what did you think i meant when i mentioned zombies? :rolleyes:
but of course you are ok with that...cool. :areyoucra

How is it you think I can provide every detail of how God will do everything that he does. I do not have to know how to believe that something will happen.
when one makes such claims, about others, one is to support it...if not then it's really just a lot of nothing...so far that is all i see...but you are ok with that...cool :areyoucra

This is true with many concepts of everyday life.

not mine...

It is only a problem because you do not like the biblical concept which has nothing to do with it's reality.
you seem to have a problem that this reality, the one we live in, doesn't gel with your wishful thinking....

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Of course we are, well at least some of us. People find a way to justify the cruelty.

I don't know why people choose to trust their religious leadership, maybe because they don't have anything else?

Hope can be a good thing, when people are given false hope, maybe not so much.

A church that provides false hope is.... bad. "Accept the doctrine and traditions of the church and you'll get to go to heaven"?

I'm not an Atheist myself but at least atheists are not trying to provide people with false hope.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Of course we are, well at least some of us. People find a way to justify the cruelty.
I don't know why people choose to trust their religious leadership, maybe because they don't have anything else?
Hope can be a good thing, when people are given false hope, maybe not so much.
A church that provides false hope is.... bad. "Accept the doctrine and traditions of the church and you'll get to go to heaven"?
I'm not an Atheist myself but at least atheists are not trying to provide people with false hope.

Good point ^above^ about clergy giving false hope.
Gospel writer Luke wrote that there would be false clergy [Acts 20 vs 29,30]
Jesus warned people, in the 23rd chapter of Matthew, about false clergy.

Clergy often teach non-biblical pagan religious beliefs as Scripture.
Church tradition or customs are taught and followed over Scripture.
-Mark 7 vs 1-7,13; Matthew 15 v 9

Just because clergy often paint a false picture does not mean the Bible is false, rather it just makes the false-clergy teachings as wrong and false.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
if you haven't already picked up on what i've been trying to say...this blind faith is one of the many justifications for bad behavior, which has affected my life in one way or another. this is why i question.
800,000 words in the most studied and relied upon book in human history is anything but blind. When the some of the smartest people on the planet (Newton, Kepler, Copernicus, Descarte, Pascal, Faraday, Kelvin, Collins) all believe in God your position just isn't.

what did you think i meant when i mentioned zombies? :rolleyes:
but of course you are ok with that...cool. :areyoucra
So God will remove any memories that would cause pain and I guess you love pain so much you would rather destroy your soul than suffer this terrible fate. Who is a Zombie?

when one makes such claims, about others, one is to support it...if not then it's really just a lot of nothing...so far that is all i see...but you are ok with that...cool :areyoucra
Good lord. So Cancer doesn't exist because no one completely understands it. Love doesn't exist because no one understands it. You do not exist because no one can understand you completely. That makes a lot of sence. This silly assertion just destroyed approx 80% of science.

not mine...
Oh yes they are. You have only a fraction of the total understanding for what is going on around you and that applies to everyone.

you seem to have a problem that this reality, the one we live in, doesn't gel with your wishful thinking....
What are you talking about? My system gives the only satasfactory explenation for what is going on. Yours can only blunder around in the dark making strange noises and never provide an explenation, a cure, meaning, or a solution. I guess it is just nuts to demand answers from a system you adopt.

kjw47

well that is a convenient disclaimer. i mean if someone doesn't get it...they must be rejecting the truth :rolleyes:

Living by every utterance of God like Jesus said man needs to do is not so simple a task in a world where satan is the ruler and sin is pleasure.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Are you advocating divine lobotomy?
Why in the world is it meaningfull to label biblical principles with the most negative label that can possibly be found but has the slightest thread of relevance? By the way the opposite POV in this discussions context so far is manditory lobotamy for everyone. The bible says that we will not be sad in heaven. I said that God may remove any memory that would cause sadness as a possible method for this because it seems that a critic must know how something is going to happen to believe that it could even though this principle is only applied to the bible and not in the rest oftheir everyday life. I do not know the method God will use I just know what he said heaven will be. Me personally I have no desire to remember anything that would result in pain but if I could retain my memories and they just simply didn't cause pain then that would be fine as well. The point is I trust God and have enough experience with him to have faith that he will probably do way more than I could ever dream of and his methods are up to him.

Last edited: