• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

luvuyesua

Mickiel, when the three that came from heaven, to judge Sodom and Gomorra, and found less than 10. their judgement was to destroy, judgement on people. It must of been so bad of a destruction, that Lots wife for looking and disobeying, she turned to salt, I call that wisdom.
Do you think that the ones that wanted to do"#$%&!" to the three, will be included in your thinking base?
(judgement and punishment, together?) I cant recall if they used the word judgement, when talking to Abraham, but, obviously they judged it all as no good, and proceed with the sentence, they burned, and who knows what kind of burning.

good thread
good answers

Last edited:

Misty

Mickiel, when the three that came from heaven, to judge Sodom and Gomorra, and found less than 10. their judgement was to destroy, judgement on people. It must of been so bad of a destruction, that Lots wife for looking and disobeying, she turned to salt, I call that wisdom.
Do you think that the ones that wanted to do"#$%&!" to them, will be included in your thinking base? (judgement and punishment, together?) they probably didnt use the word judgement, when talking to Abraham, but, obviously they judged it all as no good, and proceed with the sentence, they burned, and who knows what kind of burning.

good thread
good answers

How can anyone actually believe the story of S&G to be literally true?:facepalm:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Not many of them that is for sure. If a thing isn't credible it isn't likely to be true, imo.

Not all stories are told as history.
Many stories are aimed at your head...and your heart.

The credibility depends on you.
Was it a good story?
Did it give you a sense of direction?
As in a direction to avoid.

Nerthus

Wanderlust

Was it a good story?

I like this. I feel that a lot when reading stories from the Bible, they tell you a lot about how to live and what direction to take when certain things happen.

Misty

Was it a good story?

Some of them do my head in, and as for my heart, none have touched that!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Some of them do my head in, and as for my heart, none have touched that!

You didn't say why.

I could assume several things.....

You have no heart....or....

You do have one...but you've been wounded...
and dare not risk further injury....or....

you have a devoted heart...already spoken for....or....

You are waiting for something.

Misty

You didn't say why.

I could assume several things.....

You have no heart....or....

You do have one...but you've been wounded...
and dare not risk further injury....or....

you have a devoted heart...already spoken for....or....

You are waiting for something.

I just don't find any of the stories in the Bible do it for me that is all.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I just don't find any of the stories in the Bible do it for me that is all.

That's okay....all in good time.

btw....Star Trek...of all things.....
often has parallel story line to what scripture holds.

If the package of religion turns you off....
turn on your tv.

The names and faces are different, but the cause and effect are there.

mickiel

Do you think that the ones that wanted to do"#$%&!" to the three, will be included in your thinking base?
(judgement and punishment, together?) I cant recall if they used the word judgement, when talking to Abraham, but, obviously they judged it all as no good, and proceed with the sentence, they burned, and who knows what kind of burning.

good thread
good answers

Well yes those who wanted to sodomize the angels will be forgiven and given Salvation. Although God destroyed Sodom, he didnot send Jesus here to destroy anything. Luke 9:56;" For the Son of man didnot come to destroy mens lives, but to save them. The reason Jesus came was the Salvation of humanity, and although many cannot see it, thats the message the bible is all about. 1John 4:14;" And we beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son " To be the Savior of the World."

God sent Jesus here to save the entire created group of humanity, thats what the bible means when it says " World", it means everybody. If Jesus fails to save just one human, he has failed in his appointed mission, The Father wants the World Saved. And this is why Christianity is so confused, they can't see Jesus saving the world, they can't see it. And I don't even think they want that, they don't want people like those in Sodom saved. But Salvation is not in the hands of Christians, its in the hands of God.

Peace.

Misty

That's okay....all in good time.

btw....Star Trek...of all things.....
often has parallel story line to what scripture holds.

If the package of religion turns you off....
turn on your tv.

The names and faces are different, but the cause and effect are there.

Star Trek doesn't do it for me either, but I enjoy the Harry Potter books!

Misty

Well gosh.... darn....gee whizzzz.

I like Harry Potter.

And wouldn't it be great if all the bad things disappear?....
at the wave of a stick....and some strange words.

I think those books are not only a good read but more moral than the bible. That reminds me I must get my broomstick serviced before Hallowe'en!:D

mickiel

In Hebrews 9:26-28 Jesus is offered once in sacrifice for our sins and has now " Put away sin", he appeared once, and will appear again a second time " For Salvation without a reference to sin."

What this means is that sin was the only thing that could have robbed us of our free inheritence of Salvation, and Jesus has removed that for us, now nothing can stop our Salvation, not even those misinterpited hell verses in the bible. Nothing can undo what Christ has done.

Nothing!

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

Misty

In Hebrews 9:26-28 Jesus is offered once in sacrifice for our sins and has now " Put away sin", he appeared once, and will appear again a second time " For Salvation without a reference to sin."

What this means is that sin was the only thing that could have robbed us of our free inheritence of Salvation, and Jesus has removed that for us, now nothing can stop our Salvation, not even those misinterpited hell verses in the bible. Nothing can undo what Christ has done.

Nothing!

Peace.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

mickiel

In Titus 2:11;" For the grace of God appeared, bringing Salvation to ALL men." The simplicity in this verse is highly overlooked, Salvation is for all of humanity, all of us! Its not a group thing, its not an individual thing, its not a belief thing, its a destiny thing, a complettely freely given destiny.

Peace.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In Titus 2:11;" For the grace of God appeared, bringing Salvation to ALL men." The simplicity in this verse is highly overlooked, Salvation is for all of humanity, all of us! Its not a group thing, its not an individual thing, its not a belief thing, its a destiny thing, a complettely freely given destiny.

Peace.

Still clinging to the idea that salvation cannot be denied?

mickiel

Still clinging to the idea that salvation cannot be denied?

Still clinging to Gods word. 1Pet. 1:4, clinging to that which cannot be denied, a Salvation that is imperishable and undefiled, an inheritance that cannot fade away. Still clinging to the promise of God.

Peace.