• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The South has risen again: America’s White Christian Nationalist Party

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm reminded of my high school US history teacher who ridiculed black people for going from voting for Reps in mass to voting for Dems in mass because, he believed, the Reps did so much for them amd got them out of slavery and thats how they repay them and show their gratitude.
He and my college US History teacher both claimed the Civil War was fought over everything but slavery.

Shadow Wolf

Ah. The musical chairs theory.
No, it's real history no matter how much you want to ignore it and voting trends and pretend otherwise.
Seriously, you as a white man should go talk to some black people about why they switched parties.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, it's real history no matter how much you want to ignore it and voting trends and pretend otherwise.
Seriously, you as a white man should go talk to some black people about why they switched parties.
Many already know the deal with democrats.

So much it's noticeable so you can stop pretending there was an actual switch of Dixiexrats.

RestlessSoul

This was the first context in which I recall seeing a Confederate flag. To me as a Brit, it represented the magnificent musical melting pot of your country’s South lands. Obviously I understand now, that it has other implications. Shame.

Edit: is that a Neil Young t-shirt Ronnie is wearing?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

So much it's noticeable so you can stop pretending there was an actual switch of Dixiexrats.
It doesn't take much for that to happen. 17%? That's not much. And that's before Harris became the runner. And before he told a room full of black people that a black woman isn't really black.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Amd unlike Drumpf he's not the one who told a room full of black people that a biracial woman who has always been black and identified as black isn't really black and she's just doing it for political gain. A white guy telling a women who isn't white who and what she is?
It's no different than the racist peope with their racist argument Obama isn't black and by sayig he's black he's disrespecting his white mom. (makes me glad again, years later, I got away from that ****).
Do you believe in the one drop rule? Because it sounds like you do.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To me, "race" is a four-letter word as the vast majority of us are a mixture.

My wife and I did the "23 and Me" genetic test, and each of us were a bit shocked of where some of my ancestry came from. My wife was borne and raised in Sicily but some of her earlier ancestry came from the Middle East and northern Africa.

In my case, some of mine goes back to India and also the Arctic coast just east of the Urals in today's Russia. However, 94% is from northern and western Europe in more modern times.

Kathryn

Hey, Strom Thurmond was both a Democrat AND a Republican and he had an illegitimate biracial daughter. Joe Biden delivered his eulogy., when he died at age 100.

F1fan

Veteran Member

When 17% is a record number it's still nothing to brag about. Only 17%? And that was when Biden was still in the race and being attacked unfairly in ways that swayed a few black voters, up from 12%. We will see if the numebrs will change now that Harris is the candidate, and Trump insulted black, female journalists. I wouldn't be surprised if it drops below 10%.

Shadow Wolf

Do you believe in the one drop rule? Because it sounds like you do.
Where did you get that from when I'm criticizing a white man who was telling a room full of black people who and what a woman of African and Indian descent really is?

Kathryn

Where did you get that from when I'm criticizing a white man who was telling a room full of black people who and what a woman of African and Indian descent really is?
It sounds like you believe in the one drop rule. You called Kamala and Obama both black and they are both biracial.

Pogo

This was the first context in which I recall seeing a Confederate flag. To me as a Brit, it represented the magnificent musical melting pot of your country’s South lands. Obviously I understand now, that it has other implications. Shame.

Edit: is that a Neil Young t-shirt Ronnie is wearing?
Interestingly the roots are black delta blues adopted into electric form over on your side of the pond and then reintroduced via the British invasion.
As for the flag, that has a very different history and is far from uniting.

The odd, ignoble history of the Confederate battle flag

The history of the Confederate flag includes a gesture of tolerance toward southern Jews, a disputed Democratic convention and Italian soccer fans.

tytlyf

Not Religious
1939 Conservative America

Attachments

• washington-banner_nazi-rally_vert-6828ab6ce3c832a57d466bad127f7135825b5406.jpg
    washington-banner_nazi-rally_vert-6828ab6ce3c832a57d466bad127f7135825b5406.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 21

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What if one of them was only 1/4th African American? Or 1/8th? Or 1/16th? Or whatever? See my point?
You are definitely on the right track here and a main reason as to why I call Harris a race chameleon.