• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The trinity is false - I have proof

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I agree, in light of the fact that Christians can't even agree on what the Bible actually says. So much for their pious claim of having spiritual discernment.
All the true Christians - i.e. people who agree with me - are in full agreement with what the Bible says. It's only those who were deceived by Satan - i.e. people who disagree with me - who have other interpretations.

;)

servant1

Didn't they do it as per the Hellenist-Pauline Holy-Ghost's instructions, please, right?
If one is in a doubt one may ask the JW's, right, please?
A few of them if not many are here, right, please?

Regards
The only ones who fear using Gods name in vain are the wicked. Jesus showed in the Lords prayer=his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved. He as well taught that name to his followers(John 17:6) and promised to keep on making it known( John 17:26)--A Christian does what Jesus did to the best of their abilities. The righteous run to the name Jehovah as a strong tower( Prov 18:10)
Micah 4:5= All people walk in the name of their God. But we will walk in the name of Jehovah forever.

servant1

The New World Translation

What the Scholars Really Said

The Watchtower and Jehovah's Witness apologists have often cited scholars in support of the New World Translation in general, and particularly its rendering of John 1:1c ("and the Word was a god"). Scholarly citation is a form of an "argument from authority." Such an argument cannot establish the truth or falsity of a given assertion; it can merely lend credence or cast doubt. Sound arguments from authority will consist of an accurate quotation from the scholar in question, which entails insuring that the context of the authority's statements are consistent with the argument being presented, and that contrary statements in the same passage are not removed with creative use of ellipses ("..."). Further, the scholar must be a recognized authority in a field that pertains directly to the assertion being made.
When Jehovah's Witnesses produce scholars that support the NWT, we must first establish that the scholar is, indeed, a recognized expert in the field of Biblical Languages, and that he or she has been quoted accurately. When given careful consideration, many of the scholars used by Jehovah's Witnesses do not actually constitute a sound argument from authority. I'm not suggesting that no scholars may be found in support of the NWT or its translation of John 1:1, but these are in the minority and often are not as qualified in their field as the scores of scholars who advocate the traditional translation.

In the chart, below, we will examine how some scholars have been used in defense of the NWT and whether they actually support the Watchtower translation as claimed. It is not my intent to be exhaustive; however I've tried to cover the scholars most often cited; I think you'll find that any omissions will be obscure scholars that are not generally recognized as authoritative in the scholarly community. If you know of a prominent scholar that I've missed, please let me know so that I may include him/her in a future revision of this article.

Index of Scholars

These were Gods supposed scholars as well- Matt 12:24-- they were in darkness--same as the ones you quote.
Here is a scholar=A. Robertson-speaking on John 1:1--When Ton Theon=God is in the same paragraph with Theos, Theos= god. Like at John 1:1-The Word is called Theos. The only other spot in NT where that occurs is2Cor 4:4, yet your translations all have god for Theos there and God for Ton Theon. Because its fact of how translating works on that matter.

stvdv

Veteran Member
I believe the trinity is false. God is not a trinity. Proof?
1 Corinthians 14.33
For God is not the author of confusion

The trinity create confusion.

And

Exodus 20.5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God

According to the trinity God has three I. But according to Exodus 20.5 God has only one I

Proof: Trinity is at best "human imagination"

IF God is defined as perfection (see Webster)
THEN humans are incapable to "box" God
However much people like to label God

It's at best their imagination of the unimaginable

God is defined as:
"the being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped (as in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism) as creator and ruler of the universe"
Definition of GOD: the being perfect in power,and ruler of the universe

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Proof: Trinity is at best "human imagination"

IF God is defined as perfection (see Webster)
THEN humans are incapable to "box" God
However much people like to label God

It's at best their imagination of the unimaginable

God is defined as:
"the being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped (as in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism) as creator and ruler of the universe"
Definition of GOD: the being perfect in power,and ruler of the universe
In a chapter called 27: THE TRINITY, in Some Answered Questions, Abdu'l-Baha explained why God cannot become a man and descend into the physical reality, i.e., come to Earth. He then goes on to say the Jesus Christ was Perfect Man who was like a clear mirror in which God (the Sun of Reality) became visible and manifest with all God's qualities and perfections.

"The Divine Reality is sanctified from singleness, then how much more from plurality. The descent of that Lordly Reality into conditions and degrees would be equivalent to imperfection and contrary to perfection, and is, therefore, absolutely impossible. It perpetually has been, and is, in the exaltation of holiness and sanctity. All that is mentioned of the Manifestations and Dawning-places of God signifies the divine reflection, and not a descent into the conditions of existence. 1

God is pure perfection, and creatures are but imperfections. For God to descend into the conditions of existence would be the greatest of imperfections; on the contrary, His manifestation, His appearance, His rising are like the reflection of the sun in a clear, pure, polished mirror. All the creatures are evident signs of God, like the earthly beings upon all of which the rays of the sun shine. But upon the plains, the mountains, the trees and fruits, only a portion of the light shines, through which they become visible, and are reared, and attain to the object of their existence, while the Perfect Man 2 is in the condition of a clear mirror in which the Sun of Reality becomes visible and manifest with all its qualities and perfections. So the Reality of Christ was a clear and polished mirror of the greatest purity and fineness. The Sun of Reality, the Essence of Divinity, reflected itself in this mirror and manifested its light and heat in it; but from the exaltation of its holiness, and the heaven of its sanctity, the Sun did not descend to dwell and abide in the mirror. No, it continues to subsist in its exaltation and sublimity, while appearing and becoming manifest in the mirror in beauty and perfection."

stvdv

Veteran Member

1 Corinthians 14.33

For God is not the author of confusion

The trinity create confusion.

And

Exodus 20.5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God

According to the trinity God has three I. But according to Exodus 20.5 God has only one I
Interesting ultra short clip
Putting Trinity in perspective

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Interesting ultra short clip
Putting Trinity in perspective

I do not believe that God is a person, as it said in that video clip.
I also do not believe that the Holy Spirit is a person. I believe it is the bounty of God that emanates from God.

I believe in a Trinity, but I do not believe that the three persons were 'part of God' as the Trinitarians believe.
In brief, below is what I believe.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one in the sense that they are ‘one in Purpose.’
They work together, but they are separate, not ‘part of God.’ God cannot be divided into parts.
God is exalted above anything that can ever be perceived so God remains in His own high place, on His Throne.
God never descends to earth.

God sent Jesus from heaven and Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit from the womb of Mary into a human body. Later, after Jesus reached a certain age, God sent the Holy Spirit to Him and it descended upon Him like a dove when Jesus was baptized. After Jesus received the Holy Spirit from God the Father, Jesus brought the Holy Spirit to believers and it dwelt in believers.

The Holy Spirit does not enter the body, but rather it has a direct connection to the body through the soul, which is associated with the mind. That is what the indwelling Holy Spirit means to me.

stvdv

Veteran Member
The main message I heard from the clip was:
"God can't be reduced to a mathematical equation, trinity(3) or One(1), God is greater than all Creation"

So, the clip doesn't imply "God is a person", unless you take the man's word out of context (see my above quote), where it clearly states that God is not a person, as God is greater than all Creation

Hence, the biggest mistake is a claim phrased like:
"God = X"

I agree, I would also add that Exodus 20.5 is implying that YHWH is both a hypocrite and a sinner.
Exodus 20:5
Easy-to-Read Version
5 Don’t worship or serve idols of any kind, because I, the Lord, am your God. I hate my people worshiping other gods.[a] People who sin against me become my enemies, and I will punish them. And I will punish their children, their grandchildren, and even their great-grandchildren.

wow

In a chapter called 27: THE TRINITY, in Some Answered Questions, Abdu'l-Baha explained why God cannot become a man and descend into the physical reality, i.e., come to Earth. He then goes on to say the Jesus Christ was Perfect Man who was like a clear mirror in which God (the Sun of Reality) became visible and manifest with all God's qualities and perfections.

"The Divine Reality is sanctified from singleness, then how much more from plurality. The descent of that Lordly Reality into conditions and degrees would be equivalent to imperfection and contrary to perfection, and is, therefore, absolutely impossible. It perpetually has been, and is, in the exaltation of holiness and sanctity. All that is mentioned of the Manifestations and Dawning-places of God signifies the divine reflection, and not a descent into the conditions of existence. 1

God is pure perfection, and creatures are but imperfections. For God to descend into the conditions of existence would be the greatest of imperfections; on the contrary, His manifestation, His appearance, His rising are like the reflection of the sun in a clear, pure, polished mirror. All the creatures are evident signs of God, like the earthly beings upon all of which the rays of the sun shine. But upon the plains, the mountains, the trees and fruits, only a portion of the light shines, through which they become visible, and are reared, and attain to the object of their existence, while the Perfect Man 2 is in the condition of a clear mirror in which the Sun of Reality becomes visible and manifest with all its qualities and perfections. So the Reality of Christ was a clear and polished mirror of the greatest purity and fineness. The Sun of Reality, the Essence of Divinity, reflected itself in this mirror and manifested its light and heat in it; but from the exaltation of its holiness, and the heaven of its sanctity, the Sun did not descend to dwell and abide in the mirror. No, it continues to subsist in its exaltation and sublimity, while appearing and becoming manifest in the mirror in beauty and perfection."

I also do not believe that the Holy Spirit is a person. I believe it is the bounty of God that emanates from God.

I believe in a Trinity, but I do not believe that the three persons were 'part of God' as the Trinitarians believe.
In brief, below is what I believe.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one in the sense that they are ‘one in Purpose.’
They work together, but they are separate, not ‘part of God.’ God cannot be divided into parts.
God is exalted above anything that can ever be perceived so God remains in His own high place, on His Throne.
God never descends to earth.

God sent Jesus from heaven and Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit from the womb of Mary into a human body. Later, after Jesus reached a certain age, God sent the Holy Spirit to Him and it descended upon Him like a dove when Jesus was baptized. After Jesus received the Holy Spirit from God the Father, Jesus brought the Holy Spirit to believers and it dwelt in believers.

The Holy Spirit does not enter the body, but rather it has a direct connection to the body through the soul, which is associated with the mind. That is what the indwelling Holy Spirit means to me.
Romans 8, he prays like Jesus does. Only person can pray.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Easy-to-Read Version
5 Don’t worship or serve idols of any kind, because I, the Lord, am your God. I hate my people worshiping other gods.[a] People who sin against me become my enemies, and I will punish them. And I will punish their children, their grandchildren, and even their great-grandchildren.

wow

In my opinion, that's quite contradictory to John 3:16-17.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It is contradictory, since Jesus revealed a new message about God which superseded the Old Testament message about God.
The message that Jesus revealed is new and that is why it is called the New Testament.

I agree that there are contradictory scriptures about how God is depicted in the Old Testament and New Testament.

However, the New Testament also depicts a vengeful, wrathful God. Romans 1:18-20, 2:5-6, and 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 are excellent examples of this, as are verses attributed to Jesus (Matthew 10:28; Luke 12:5). I can see why Christians would rather focus on the verses depicting God as loving and merciful.

teage

Easy-to-Read Version

wow
Is YHWH my true God, or does he simply wish to be my true God?

Who is he?

Jesus was a person who prayed.
Romans 8:16
Easy-to-Read Version
16 And the Spirit himself speaks to our spirits and makes us sure that we are God’s children.

Romans 8:26-27
Easy-to-Read Version
26 Also, the Spirit helps us. We are very weak, but the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We don’t know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit himself speaks to God for us. He begs God for us, speaking to him with feelings too deep for words. 27 God already knows our deepest thoughts. And he understands what the Spirit is saying, because the Spirit speaks for his people in the way that agrees with what God wants.

go down to person hood of the Holy Spirit

Romans 8:16
Easy-to-Read Version
16 And the Spirit himself speaks to our spirits and makes us sure that we are God’s children.

Romans 8:26-27
Easy-to-Read Version
26 Also, the Spirit helps us. We are very weak, but the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We don’t know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit himself speaks to God for us. He begs God for us, speaking to him with feelings too deep for words. 27 God already knows our deepest thoughts. And he understands what the Spirit is saying, because the Spirit speaks for his people in the way that agrees with what God wants.

go down to person hood of the Holy Spirit