• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The trinity is false - I have proof

In my opinion, that's quite contradictory to John 3:16-17.
I don't see that as a contradiction, In John the gospel is given, those who repent and seek to live holy lives are forgiven. Those who do not are already comdemed.

John 3:16-22
Easy-to-Read Version
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him. 18 People who believe in God’s Son are not judged guilty. But people who do not believe are already judged, because they have not believed in God’s only Son. 19 They are judged by this fact: The light[a] has come into the world. But they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light. They will not come to the light, because the light will show all the bad things they have done. 21 But anyone who follows the true way comes to the light. Then the light will show that whatever they have done was done through God.

The other text is a judgement against those who follow false gods.

I agree that there are contradictory scriptures about how God is depicted in the Old Testament and New Testament.

However, the New Testament also depicts a vengeful, wrathful God. Romans 1:18-20, 2:5-6, and 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 are excellent examples of this, as are verses attributed to Jesus (Matthew 10:28; Luke 12:5). I can see why Christians would rather focus on the verses depicting God as loving and merciful.
read the last NT book

Is YHWH my true God, or does he simply wish to be my true God?
He is our true G_d. What is being brought up is using God's love against God's judgement of those who follow false gods. Often people thing of the god of the OT as wicked and the god of the NT as all love. If one reads the complete Bible they will see both God's great sides or actions with people and they will she him as the Judge of the those who disobey god.

I believe the trinity is false. God is not a trinity. Proof?

1 Corinthians 14.33

For God is not the author of confusion

The trinity create confusion.

And

Exodus 20.5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God

According to the trinity God has three I. But according to Exodus 20.5 God has only one I
According to Zechariah 2:8-11 God [Jehovah of hosts] is both the sent one and the sender at the same time.
You'll see that the one SENT and the SENDER of the one SENT are interchangeable. This is an OT window into the three-one nature of God.

For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye.

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me.

Give a ringing shout and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah.

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The New Word Translation has been created by Jehovah's Witnesses specifically to legitimize their doctrine. It didn't "fix" anything, and it is ridiculous to say that the people that reject it are "in darkness".
Its 100% fact--Gods name was removed against his will in the translations altered by satans will--You best relook.
Didn't they do it as per the Hellenist-Pauline Holy-Ghost's instructions, please, right?
If one is in a doubt one may ask the JW's, right, please?
A few of them if not many are here, right, please?
I get from JW's official website about the translators of New Word Translation:

“They Were Borne Along by Holy Spirit”

“Prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.”—2 PETER 1:21.
I don't understand the phrase "borne along" as to what it exactly means, whatever, right, please?

Anybody to explain, please, right?

Regards

servant1

“Prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.”—2 PETER 1:21.
I don't understand the phrase "borne along" as to what it exactly means, whatever, right, please?

Regards
God always used holy spirit to guide his words in the bible. Yes through holy spirit God fixed his bible. The removal of his name-misleads all using those altered translations.

Betho_br

III. The Holy Trinity in the doctrine of faith. THE FORMATION OF THE TRINITY DOGMA 249 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. There is no explicit and complete statement (proof) about the "dogma of the Trinity" in the Christian Bible. It is a philosophical development based on trinitarian formulas such as 2 Cor 13:13 "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all"

The dogma is PARTIALLY approved by Saint Augustine and Basil the great in John 14:10,20. It's in their writings...

According to Zechariah 2:8-11 God [Jehovah of hosts] is both the sent one and the sender at the same time.
You'll see that the one SENT and the SENDER of the one SENT are interchangeable. This is an OT window into the three-one nature of God.

For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye.

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me.

Give a ringing shout and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah.

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you.
Zechariah 2
Easy-to-Read Version
Measuring Jerusalem
2 Then I looked up and saw a man holding a rope for measuring things. 2 I asked him, “Where are you going?”

He said to me, “I am going to measure Jerusalem, to see how wide and how long it is.”

3 Then the angel who was speaking to me left, and another angel went out to talk to him. 4 He said to him, “Run and tell that young man this:

‘Jerusalem will be a city without walls,
because there will be too many people and animals living there.’
5 The Lord says,
‘I will be a wall of fire around her, to protect her,
and to bring glory to that city, I will live there.’”

God Calls His People Home
The Lord says,
6 “Hurry! Leave the land in the North in a hurry.
Yes, it is true that I scattered your people in every direction.
7 You people from Zion now live in Babylon.
Escape! Run away from that city!”
8 The Lord sent me to the nations that took away your wealth.
He sent me to bring you honor.
And this is what the Lord All-Powerful said:
“If anyone even touches you,
it is as if they did it to the pupil of my eye.
9 Watch and see how I will punish them:
Their own slaves will become their masters and take all their wealth.”
Then you will know it was the Lord All-Powerful
who sent me to tell you these things.

10 The Lord says,
“Zion, be happy, because I am coming,
and I will live in your city.
11 At that time people from many nations
will come to me.
They will become my people,
and I will live in your city.”
Then you will know it was the Lord All-Powerful
who sent me to tell you these things.

12 The Lord will again choose Jerusalem to be his special city.
Judah will be his share of the holy land.
13 Everyone, be quiet!
The Lord is coming out of his holy house.

Regards
they believe the holy spirit is a force of their god, Not the person of the Holy Spirit which is part of the real God. Also, those of the watchtower consulted with a spiritualist for their mistranslations. I already posted information on that.

III. The Holy Trinity in the doctrine of faith. THE FORMATION OF THE TRINITY DOGMA 249 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. There is no explicit and complete statement (proof) about the "dogma of the Trinity" in the Christian Bible. It is a philosophical development based on trinitarian formulas such as 2 Cor 13:13 "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all"

The dogma is PARTIALLY approved by Saint Augustine and Basil the great in John 14:10,20. It's in their writings...
check out https://www.calvarychapelboston.com/Biblical Basis Trinity Bowman.pdf

Betho_br

B. None like God (in his essence)
3. Fallen man become "like God" only in that he took upon himself to know good and evil, not that he acquired godhood: Gen. 3:22
pg 02

RESPONSE:
Psalm 82:6 KJV
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Then Jesus said: — In your Law it is written that God said: “You are gods.” We know that the Holy Scriptures always tell the truth, and we know that, in fact, God called those who received his message gods. John 10:34-35 NLT

4. Moses was "as God," not really a god: Ex. 4:16; 7:1

RESPONSE
:

Moses was an elohim(theos in greek=god).

John 20:28 NVI
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

RESPONSE:

John 1:49 NVI
49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.”

If the editor wanted to point out the divinity of Jesus (John 20:28) he would have used a verb like he used in John 1:49....

In short, all these arguments have already been exhaustively refuted by UNICITES, UNITARISTS, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, JEWS, ATHEISTS, etc...

But everyone believes in what they want...

Last edited: