• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The True Church

doppelgänger;884437 said:
There's only one mark of the True Church. It's adherents know there really is no "True Church." Rather, the first shall be last and the last shall be first, because Christ does not come to the righteous, but to sinners.:D

Who makes up the church? And, how do you enter the church?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
doppelgänger;884437 said:
There's only one mark of the True Church. It's adherents know there really is no "True Church." Rather, the first shall be last and the last shall be first, because Christ does not come to the righteous, but to sinners.:D
The True Church is the Body of Christ on earth -- the ecclesia. It is not defined in the way that the OP suggests.

[edit] It may incude, in part, the definition that the OP suggests, but is not limited to that definition.

doppelgänger;884476 said:
Who doesn't make up the Church? :)

Knock and the door shall be opened to you.

Okay, are you talking about the Christian church, or a universal church apart from Christianity?

The True Church is the Body of Christ on earth -- the ecclesia. It is not defined in the way that the OP suggests.

[edit] It may incude, in part, the definition that the OP suggests, but is not limited to that definition.

How does someone become part of the body of Christ on earth?

doppelgänger;884515 said:
Yes and no. Christ goes by many names.

That's a fair statement. To be more specific, does someone become part of the body of Christ described in the Bible, apart from confessing that Jesus is the Christ? Is a similar confession like Peter in the Bible required to by part of the body of Christ as defined in the Bible?

Depends. One can profess faith in Christ. I think that one can also follow a number of other methods.

Please share about other methods! I understand the Christian belief about personal confessed faith in Christ. I live in southern California and been to several non-denominational church services. I even attended a Billy Graham and Harvest Crusade in my life.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
To be more specific, does someone become part of the body of Christ described in the Bible, apart from confessing that Jesus is the Christ?
By adopting a string of noises as a confession? Not in my view.

One becomes part of the body of Christ through the mystery of Christ in him. This is not accomplished by spell-casting, but is a gift of grace by which one is awakened to the Spirit of Love.

MOZedek

The "church" is invisible and unseen- as Christ has said it is within and without you-it is under the stone and within the wood-

This is the most profound description of the "church that I know-

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That's a fair statement. To be more specific, does someone become part of the body of Christ described in the Bible, apart from confessing that Jesus is the Christ? Is a similar confession like Peter in the Bible required to by part of the body of Christ as defined in the Bible?
How does the Bible define the Body of Christ?