• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The True Church

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
doppelgänger;884532 said:
By adopting a string of noises as a confession? Not in my view.

One becomes part of the body of Christ through the mystery of Christ in him. This is not accomplished by spell-casting, but is a gift of grace by which one is awakened to the Spirit of Love.
I wanna be on your team!

By adopting a string of noises as a confession? Not in my view.

One becomes part of the body of Christ through the mystery of Christ in him. This is not accomplished by spell-casting, but is a gift of grace by which one is awakened to the Spirit of Love.

Interesting thoughts! So, you reject traditional Christianity. Are you teaching that you can reject personal faith in Jesus Christ and be awakening to the Spirit of Love, and still be part of the body of Christ?

Have you put all traditional Christian missionaries out of business? How about the great commission in the Bible?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Interesting thoughts! So, you reject traditional Christianity.

Not for anyone but myself. I'm a free agent of the Spirit. I am commanded not to be a slave to words or the Law but to be free in Love. What you want to be is up to you . . .

Are you teaching that you can reject personal faith in Jesus Christ and be awakening to the Spirit of Love, and still be part of the body of Christ?

"Personal faith in Jesus Christ" is just meaningless cultural noise to me, so I can't answer this question.

Have you put all traditional Christian missionaries out of business? How about the great commission in the Bible?
I can spread the gospel without all the words and silly made-up doctrines.

It's love, Brother - letting go of my self to find that others are me. We are all one in Unity. All appearances to the contrary are mere egotism and miss the mark.

sojourner

Interesting thoughts! So, you reject traditional Christianity. Are you teaching that you can reject personal faith in Jesus Christ and be awakening to the Spirit of Love, and still be part of the body of Christ?

"Traditional" Christian missionaries failed miserably in most cases. With regard to the Great Commission: "Preach the gospel. use words if you have to."

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Isn't that spell-casting, though? The rearranging of symbols and mental associations in order to reach an enlightment (or more accurately, "...in order to be")?
As a spell-caster, I am stepping back into the Old Garden one step and spell at a time. :cool:

doppelganger

Isn't that spell-casting, though? The rearranging of symbols and mental associations in order to reach an enlightment (or more accurately, "...in order to be")?
As a spell-caster, I am stepping back into the Old Garden one step and spell at a time. :cool:

No, that happens outside the words, Mike. The symbols can't do that and any attempt to harness it in symbols destroys the mystery. We use words because that's what you and I have. But the mystery represented by "Christ in me" or "tat tvam asi" is ineffable, and beyond the power of any spell-casting.

may

"Traditional" Christian missionaries failed miserably in most cases. With regard to the Great Commission: "Preach the gospel. use words if you have to."
but true christians who have Jesus christ with them have acheived just what he asked them to do matthew 28;19-20 matthew 24;14. and the witness goes on . and it is GOODNEWS indeed, especially in the days since 1914 when the heavenly kingdom was set up in the heavens ,and Jesus was given the kingship Daniel 2;44 Daniel 7;13-14 when the angels are behind a work, it is a global goodnews that is being heralded.
(Revelation 14:6) And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people, ...............yes its all happening in the time of the end .

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
doppelgänger;884576 said:
No, that happens outside the words, Mike. The symbols can't do that and any attempt to harness it in symbols destroys the mystery. We use words because that's what you and I have. But the mystery represented by "Christ in me" or "tat tvam asi" is ineffable, and beyond the power of any spell-casting.

Ah! I think I get you. It is not the symbols, but the realization through looking beyond the symbols, right?

In a way, I still see the spell-casting as an important part of reaching that state. By comparing and contrasting (discussing and debating) symbols, we are casting spells that reach beyond our personal worlds, forcing us to no longer look at the symbols, but the emptiness beyond them. We are trapped by our literary fences, but through them, we can look above into the Garden beyond. (Kind of like breaking down the fence with a piece of it?)

And that is the True Church, isn't it? The Garden beyond the symbols.

sojourner

but true christians who have Jesus christ with them have acheived just what he asked them to do matthew 28;19-20 matthew 24;14. and the witness goes on . and it is GOODNEWS indeed, especially in the days since 1914 when the heavenly kingdom was set up in the heavens ,and Jesus was given the kingship Daniel 2;44 Daniel 7;13-14 when the angels are behind a work, it is a global goodnews that is being heralded.
(Revelation 14:6) And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people, ...............yes its all happening in the time of the end .
Who is a "true Christian?"

doppelganger

Ah! I think I get you. It is not the symbols, but the realization through looking beyond the symbols, right?

Right. Follow the signs to that which is signified. As pointers, the symbols help, but how some follow them and and others can't . . . :shrug:

In a way, I still see the spell-casting as an important part of reaching that state.

Hmmmm . . . maybe.

By comparing and contrasting (discussing and debating) symbols, we are casting spells that reach beyond our personal worlds, forcing us to no longer look at the symbols, but the emptiness beyond them. We are trapped by our literary fences, but through them, we can look above into the Garden beyond. (Kind of like breaking down the fence with a piece of it?)

Yes, this I agree with heartily. But what enables a person to take that quest outside the world of their fixed symbols in the first instance? Yes, the spell-casting is an enlightening trip, but the ability to take it . . . ?

Perhaps it comes of tragedy and loss that breaks me open to the experience of being beyond my static identity.

And that is the True Church, isn't it? The Garden beyond the symbols.
"True Church" and "Garden" understood themselves as symbols for the ineffable - yes.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
doppelgänger;884609 said:
Right. Follow the signs to that which is signified. As pointers, the symbols help, but how some follow them and and others can't . . . :shrug:

Yes, this I agree with heartily. But what enables a person to take that quest outside the world of their fixed symbols in the first instance? Yes, the spell-casting is an enlightening trip, but the ability to take it . . . ?

Perhaps it comes of tragedy and loss that breaks me open to the experience of being beyond my static identity.

I had a discussion with some others (that I won't personally identify) in chat last night about mysticism and abuse. A common theme of how rising above abuse through a mystical experience developed briefly. I wonder if that isn't one of the keys; dissociating from oneself in order to survive abuse is mystical and removes many of the "I" and "not-I" symbols that keeps us from experiencing the True Church/Garden.

That is, in fact, a part of the first post of the first blog I am working on as we speak! :cool:

Aqualung

Tasty
You only missed his misquote of 2 Timothy 3:16-17, All scripture is inspired by God-
And that means TaNacK, as there was no NT at that time to be scripture or otherwise!
How do you know it means tanuk? The question is the same for you as it was for him.

Ronald

How do you know it means tanuk? The question is the same for you as it was for him.
Simple Logic, that was all the scripture there was in that day. A New Testament was not to be had before at least the third or fourth century. Just how did Paul live that long, to comment on the New testament?
Paul, Saint (circa AD3-62)
The Jews were entrusted with the "Oracles of God."

Shalom